Nightwish's Tarja?

Posted by mstone39

Hey anyone listen to Nightwish? I used to be the biggest fan but seriously, since the split with Tarja I just can't get into them anymore.. I wondered how she'd do solo .. I got her album My Winter Storm and I'm in love. Its soooo good. Has anyone heard it? She's got such an amazing voice Im glad she took that step and went solo. Her videos are great too. Does anyoneh ave the album. what do you think? If you havent seen the video for her single I walk Alone, u can find it on her home page or on imeem...
What do you think about her solo career?
Maddie
UMGD

Posted by Richaod

As I have said many, many times, what makes Nightwish unique is Tuomas' songwriting. Certainly few other keyboardists/songwriters in metal minimize their own position in the band in order to improve the music, by using orchestras.

I've heard four songs from My Winter Storm, and although the vocals are decent, the songwriting is totally unexceptional, and way too straightforward with none of the pop hooks that Nightwish singles have. I'm not exactly encouraged to check out the album.

Oh, and in case you're interested, I don't prefer Tarja or Anette - I'm still undecided, but the change of vocalist seems to be working for Nightwish. Having witnessed Anette live, she's definitely proven she's a capable, if very different, replacement.

Posted by netman

her solo album is good because it truly lets us know that she walks alone, with every step she takes.

go tarja!!!!!

luv ur #1 fan