Games to Buy List

Posted by Arcadios

List your current games to buy or systems.

Wii
No More Heroes

PS2
Final Fantasy XII
God of War
God of War II
Metal Gear Solid Essentials (When it's out)
Shadow of the Colossus
Dragon Quest VIII Journey of the Cursed King

PSP
Riviera: The Promised Land
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Systems to Buy
PSP Slim
PS2 Slim

Back of my Mind
Maybe I should get a 360....eventually I will.

Posted by Stalolin

Devil May Cry 4

That's really all I need right now.

Posted by Crazy K

Grand Theft Auto IV and Vegas 2 since some of you guys are getting it. Both for the 360.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.

Pretty much all I'll be able to afford for a long, long time. But it works out, because it'd be the only thing I'd be playing for a long, long time.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

So, just current? No games that aren't out yet? Then it's just Wii games for me. Basically everything I've played and beaten but don't physically own due to a lack of owning my own wii

Posted by Degeneration

I'd like to have a slim PSP and an Xbox 360, but I'd rather wait until they're cheaper.

As far as games go, nothing I really want is out. Brawl will be next.

Posted by Shade

ARC IS FINALLY GETTING RIVIERA. YES.

Anyway I'll probably get RSV2 when it comes out if I have the money, still need to get my XBL Gold back. And for DS I've gotta get Phoenix Wright: TaT, Apollo Justice, Advace Wars: DoR... **** it, I'll just get an R4 and bypass all the buying.

And a Wii if a Golden Sun is ever announced for it.

Quoted post: Anyway I'll probably get RSV2 when it comes out if I have the money,

ALL RIGHT!

Posted by Slade

Games

PS2:
Final Fantasy XII
Odin Sphere
DMC 1 and 3

GameCube:
MGS: Twin Snakes
Pikmin 1 & 2
Super Mario Sunshine
OoT and MM thing

Thinking I might want to buy Lost Odyssey. Haven't completely decided yet.

Posted by Shade

Do iiiiiit.

I saw you playing it a bunch. What do you think? Like, really good?

Posted by Shade

I like it a lot, but I'm a fag for story driven RPG's with old school battle systems. Judging by some of your posts, I'm guessing that's not really your thing, but I'd say give it a rent to try it out.

Oh, and the bosses actually require you to think rather than just nuking them to death.

EDIT: I remember you being negative towards the random ecounters, and the rate isn't bad at all. Probably like, every 30-45 sec or so, maybe more. Not the kind of frustrating thing where it's like, *walk 3 steps BATTLE*

I'm not against RPGs like LO, it's just that I've played them for basically 15 years and I'm pretty burnt out on them. However, I haven't played one in quite awhile, so I feel like getting back into a JRPG again, and this one seems pretty interesting. And that random battle thing is good news... so maybe I will check it out. Just the fact that I'm considering means I likely will.

Posted by Synth2012

I actually have a list, on paper and everything because I work at FYE and we get games in used, which I get 30% off of. I'm supposed to get 20% off of used stuff, but for some reason it takes 30% off of games. ^_^

Anyways, I give it to the nice manager and she holds them for me when we get them traded in. lol

XBox 360:

Virtua Fighter 5 Online
Dead Or Alive 4
Assassin's Creed
Culdcept Saga
Rock Band (We get the whole set in used sometimes. Someday I'll have the money... if they ever give me better hours!)

Wii:

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

Virtual Console:

Kirby 64

PC:

The Witcher (Someday, when that "enhanced edition" comes out in America)

Posted by Shade

If you're getting DOA4 get ready to be buying replacements for broken controllers.

Posted by Poco

PC GAMIN NIGGAZ:
Bioshock
The Witcher
FEAR: Extraction Point
Dawn of War Platinum
Galactic Civ 2 Gold
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

support pc gamin: jrpg-free from the beginning thru forever

Posted by Shade

Final Fantay VII's on the PC. FAIL

Oh yeah I need Tales of Vesperia when it comes out.

Posted by Synth2012

Awww man, I just played the demo of Culdcept Saga. I really want to get that game. It reminds me of my Magic The Gathering days...

Posted by fanboy100

xbox 360:
bioshock
doa4
halo3
gears of war
orange box

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Xbox 360:
Gear of war 2.
Grand Theft Auto IV.
Resident evil 5

I really wish I still had my DS.
and wii. :(

maybe i'll just have to pick them up again.
as soon as i get some money.

is SSMB really THAT good?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Synth2012;822595]Virtua Fighter 5 Online
This game is all you need. Don't bother with DOA4. It's an assload of **** compared to VF5.

For me:

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Fallout 3
Ninja Gaiden II
Grand Theft Auto IV
Street Fighter II HD Remix
No More Heroes
Dead Rising
Splinter Cell Conviction
Mario Kart Wii
Killer 7

Posted by Kit

Mario Kart Wii
Guitar Hero 2
Rock Band
Left 4 Dead
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Tetris DS

Posted by sreeja

I want to buy a lot of games like
World of warcraft
Xbox 360
Pokemon
Tf2
etc

Posted by Arcadios

Xbox 360:
Eternal Sonata
Soul Caliber 4
Gear of war 2
Resident Evil 5

Nintendo DS:
Kirby Super Star Ultra

Maybe Wario Land: The Shake Dimension.

Posted by Speedfreak

THIS RIGHT HERE IS A LIST OF GAMES THAT SPEEDFREAK WANTS TO BUY AND ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT HATE

Bangai-O Spirits
Dragon Quest V
Gears of War 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Another World
Chrono Trigger
Megaman 9
Monster Hunter Freedom 2

This Christmas is gonna be the best ever.

Posted by Zeta

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Persona 4

That's... That's about it.

Quoted post: Bangai-O Spirits
Dragon Quest V
Gears of War 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Another World
Chrono Trigger
Megaman 9
Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Wow, look at all those ****ty rehashes.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

would really love to pull up that quote where speedy was hating on most of VGC for wanting to buy resident evil 5 right about now

He was hating on people for wanting Gears 2 also.

Posted by Speedfreak

Haven't played a Bangai-O, haven't played Dragon Quest V, Soul won't play Gears 1 with me, MGS3 made the manifesto, I owe Capcom and Square for emulating Megaman 3 and Chrono Trigger and MHF2 is the best version of a game I haven't played yet.

My rehashes rant was still sorta when I couldn't find anything worth playing and looked at everything pretty negatively. But I am still not buying Resi 5.

Also getting: Left 4 Dead.

Considering: Disaster: Day of Crisis if they make it cool like Another World instead of a bunch of quick timer events.

RE4 with new controls sounds good to me.

Posted by #061402

Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Left 4 Dead

PC
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Only ones so far, but more are certainly to come.

Posted by Big Boss

Persona 4 (PS2)

It's only been a few weeks since I finished crunching, so I've resumed playing console games again. I'm currently replaying Metroid Prime, and this time I plan on finishing it before moving on to something else. Therefore, I won't play PE4 until I return to PE3 and finish it after finishing MP. Still, I may have to buy PE4 shortly after it comes out, especially if Atlus just ships an inadequate number of copies. Then again, I could hope for a revision of the game, as it came to be with PE3:FES.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC (Xbox 360)

I spent many sleepless nights playing Mortal Kombat: Deception (PS2), for various reasons. I have been a fan of the series since its arcade genesis, and MK:DE offered serviceable, addictive online play, as well as a lengthy RPG-like mode that served to teach the Player about every character's playability and story in an ingenious way. What I'm trying to say is, I would've definitely gotten the new MK at launch without the "DC" next to its title.

However, DC characters should definitely be an interesting addition, but I hope the other modes that make MK such a unique product as a whole aren't sacrificed for license sake.

Mega Man 9 (PS3)

I grew up loving Mega Man, Mega Man X, and the offshoot Mega Man Legends series, so I will obviously be getting this.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed (PS3 or X360... can't decide yet)

I was a fan of the original NES game, so I'll definitely play this, too.

Others I'm thinking of:

Lego Batman, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Wii Music, Yakuza, Yakuza 2, Fable II, Dead Space, de Blob, Resistance 2, Monster Hunter 2, Trace Memory, Left 4 Dead, and likely others I'm forgetting.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;885082]RE4 with new controls sounds good to me.

They added those in recently though, right? Like, there's no trailers of it yet.

Posted by maian

Due to many things that are probably more important that I need to buy, I probably most certainly won't end up buying all these games. Not on release, anyway. But here's some games I would like to get this holiday season:

Fallout 3

Looks pretty awesome to me. I like FPS games, but I don't really like most FPS games, if you know what I mean. A futuristic first person shooting RPG sounds pretty awesome to me. I haven't played other Fallout games, but this one not only looks really cool to me, it's been getting a lot of good hype anyway.

Little Big Planet

I'll have to look into it more and see how the reviews turn out and junk, but conceptually, this game looks really cool. It'll be interesting to see what players can do with it. Not to mention I could use a new, awesome sidescrolling platformer.

Lord of the Rings: Conquest

Even though it may not look as good, or may lack a lot of things a lot of games should have (Since that's what I thought about Battlefront 2) I'm still extremely psyched for Conquest. I always thought after playing Battlefront, "Wouldn't it be awesome if the makers of this game made a LOTR version? Too bad it'll never happen LOL" and here it is. Some of my best multiplayer memories have come from Battlefront 2. And since me and my Battlefront friend love LOTR just as much, this one should be a total blast.

Bioshock (PS3)

Sue me. I haven't had a chance to play Bioshock yet. Amazing, huh? Well, getting it for PS3 sounds like a no brainer to me, since I don't think I've ever even seen negative criticism for this.

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Collection

Y'know, I just figured I need a Lego ______ game, and I have yet to own one. And I LOVE Legos, man. A whole entire wall of my room has all my sets built LOL. But the Lego games are fun enough, and I'm a Star Wars junkie, so I'll figure I'll get this one.

Final Fantasy X/XII

I really need to play one of the 3D FF games. Badly. I still haven't played one of the main ones past VI. From what I've heard, FFX and XII are both great games, although I'm leaning on XII, if not only to prepare me for FFXIII.

Metal Gear Online: Gene Expansion

MGO is pretty much the only online game I play, and I really need to get the expansion. >_> MGS4 really only came with a starter pack, so even though I have fun, it's pretty limited. And I'm sooo excited for Meme expansion to come out whenever it does. :cool:

That's all I have in mind right now. There's a TON more that I'm not listing, but those are all basically games I missed out on due to lack of a PS2 and Xbox during the entire last gen. Most of these are simply holiday season.

Quoted post: Silent Hill: Homecoming,

Man, I don't know about this game. On one hand it looks pretty good, and on the other it looks pretty awful. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks to find out.

Quoted post: They added those in recently though, right? Like, there's no trailers of it yet.

We'll see it at TGS, but the producer said it's Gears-like. Meaning you can likely run and shoot. And since Gears has some fantastic shooting controls (minus A button) that can only be good.

Posted by Zeta

Knights in the Nightmare, assuming it gets a US release. Totally forgot about that game until now.

Posted by Speedfreak

Bangai-O Spirits - BOUGHT
Dragon Quest V
Gears of War 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Another World
Chrono Trigger
Megaman 9
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - BOUGHT
Left 4 Dead ***New Entry***
Animal Crossing Let's go to the City ***NEW ENTRY***

I figure I'll just update it like this.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Fallout 3
Saints Row 2
Gears of War 2
Fable 2

All collector's edition and on pre-hold.... ughh thats like 320 bucks....

Far Cry 2 and Fable 2 come out on the same day. Seriously ****ed up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

OH WHAT THE **** DO THEY

decisions decisions

I think I'm going to buy Far Cry and leave Fable for around christmas...

Assuming Far Cry has amazing multiplayer anyways. Because if it does, need to get in on that **** right away, otherwise too much catching up to do.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

94 from PCGamer, apparently everything owns. Fable seems like the kind of game I'd just play for hours at Christmas break, so **** yeah

Yeah, totally. RPGs are christmas games. Plus, I don't want to be involved with a game like that a week before Fallout hits, because I'm dropping everything for that.

And there's nothing worse than picking up an RPG you set aside midway through. Lost so bad.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

TRY AND GET YOUR COMBAT MULTIPLIER EVEN HIGHER

Wait, where do I know that from?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i will give you one hint

its fable

Oh yeah...

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]First and foremost is Resident Evil 5. For 4 years, I've been anticipating this game more than any other; as soon i finished Resident Evil 4 the week of its release, i went online to try to find out more about when RE5 might be coming out. The setting of Africa is the perfect choice to tell the series' origin story, and knowing that it'll be revealed what Chris has been up to for the last 10 years makes me want this game even more. To most people that may not be a big deal, but to me being a HUGE RE fanatic, it's something I'm really looking forward to.

I'll also be getting Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2. Thankfully i pretty much got all the multiplayer achievements i wanted to get because once GoW2 is out, I'm sure no one will want to play the original. On a side note, why was Banjo Kazooie:N&B set for release 3 days after Gears? With the economy the way it is, i doubt most people are going to pick more than one game that week and that doesn't look good for BK.

I also wish there were some good games coming out for the Wii so i wouldn't have to keep calling it the Brawl playing machine. Although Super Mario RPG:Legend of the Seven Stars finally came out on the virtual console, but i already bought it so it shouldn't be on my "games to buy" list.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: why was Banjo Kazooie:N&B set for release 3 days after Gears?

Because parents will be buying games for their kids and what will they pick up? Gears or Banjo? Yeah.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Get real. Little Timmy is at home right now playing Halo or Call of Duty and thinks platformers are gay. When he asks mommy and daddy to buy him a game for Christmas, he's gonna make sure they get him the hottest new shooter. Because platformers are for fags, he says.

I don't know, maybe in Canada little kids prefer the platformers.[/COLOR]

I'm talking 11 and under. Not all parents care what their kids play but a lot do! That's where Banjo comes in.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's cheaper too. Parents love to buy **** as cheap as possible.

The whole Gears thing reminds me that the LAN centre I **** around in sometimes has a GoW2 tournament coming up where all under-18 participants have to bring their parents. loooool

Always embarrassing. I remember waiting in line for GTAIV (got a *****in' free hat) and right before the doors open all the kids had to call their parents to wait in line with them. A ton of 16 year-olds trying to distance themselves from their parents as much as possible in a cramped line. It was awesome.

Posted by Speedfreak

Dragon Quest V
Gears of War 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Another World
Chrono Trigger
Megaman 9
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - ...STILL WAITING FOR IT
Left 4 Dead
Animal Crossing Let's go to the City
Sin and Punishment 2 ***NEW ENTRY***
Punchout Wii ***NEW ENTRY***

Posted by maian

I don't know if I posted this, but, Bioshock.

Sue me, I haven't played it. I downloaded the demo on the PSN recently, and wow, it's awesome. My favorite games are the ones that have amazing atmospheres, and Bioshock sure has that one down.

Posted by WillisGreeny

And I had thought I bought Bioshock late!

Diablo III
StarCraft II
Little King's Story
GuildWars II
Fallout III

Posted by strahanned

****..went to go get 2k9 cause they held it for me, and was gonna sell a buncha games to trade for it, but I needed a license to sell my games. ****.

Seriously? I've never heard of that.

Posted by Oblivion Playa

street fighter 4
mirrors edge

for 360

Posted by Unite

Resident Evil 5
Street fighter 4

Posted by Ant

SF4
RE5