DONT TASE ME BRO

Posted by ZOSO

Who would you like to see win the presidential election this year?

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Well, I'm fed up of republican rule because all it's brought is more tension with the middle-east... and I wouldn't like to see Clinton win because she's only got where she has due to being Bill's ex.

So by process of elimination: Obama ftw

Posted by Average n00b

I'm not one for the democratic party, and John McCain looks like he knows what he's doing.

If I had to choose from the democratic party, it would not be Clinton since it sounds like everything she says sounds rehersed and pulled out of her arse. I'm not really big for Obama either. I like some of the views he talked about, but I personaly think that America isn't ready for a female or black president yet. Heck, even Obama realizes and says the risks he's taking as president with racist groups still out there.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Clinton is an abolitionist. She's looking to ban everything and increase security on so many others. Her views on gun control, violence in the media, and many other subjects is why I didn't vote for her in California, and why I won't vote for her come the election. Barack Obama, although inexperienced, seems to me that he would make a great leader of our country; he wishes to give every American citizen health care (BIG THUMBS UP!), but I understand that he wishes to pull all troops from Iraq, and, although I don't agree with this war, I don't think that is currently the best strategy. I like that McCain wants to reduce the cost of health care (little thumbs up), but it seems to me he's too gung-ho about continuing this war. There are better ways to go about it and all-out removal or our troops or a continuation of the invasion are two very bad options.

Posted by Shade

Hate Hillary and the war. Obama would get mine by process of elimination.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

mccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

Obama.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for great speakers.

Posted by junior senior

Barak, besides the fact that he's hot and has a tape up, he knows what he's doing and knows what he's talking about.

oh, and Hillary has the most annoying voice ever.

Posted by mis0

Hillary is a phony, simply put. McCain is not only hawkish in regards to war, but he seems to be flip-flopping on his previous values to win the Neo-Con vote. I'm tired of the lies.

Obama seems like an intelligent and articulate person. I couldn't care less if he's not "experienced"; we have plenty of politicians that have experience in office now, and they got us into the mess we're in. Someone who isn't a moron is going to be the one who can sort everything out.

Posted by Synth2012

I'm pulling for Obama, also by process of elimination.

Posted by Average n00b

I give kudos to Hilary for trying for so long, she's got persistance, I'll give her that. But it's pretty obvious that she's not going to be elected.

Posted by Ashen

Obama by process of elimination, though I might go for McCain in the general election. I have to do more research. I actually decided with the MD primary by process of elimination because there's a Wikipedia article on the political positions of Clinton, but not one on Obama, so she got a bunch more strikes for me that Obama didn't. (*is registered Democrat, even though she's truly an Independent*)

There's also the small fact that Clinton thinks national security is so much more important than personal privacy that the latter shouldn't exist. (a hyperbole, but you get the point)

Obvious? Not really...

Posted by Ant

Thank ***, she can go back to her dreamland of good hope and false promise.

McCain seems like your typical old politician and is a moron about the war and economy. Which leads me to want Oboma. Although I disagree with some of his things, I think it would be nice to bring in some newish blood to Washington to stir things up a bit and hopefully bring the country into a new direction.

Although I would have preferred Ron Paul, but that's just not going to happen.

Quoting Average n00b: I give kudos to Hilary for trying for so long, she's got persistance, I'll give her that. But it's pretty obvious that she's not going to be elected.

Not really, she is barely trailing Obama, and she most likely will win Texas and Wisconsin which will put her in first place. If she beats Obama, she will most likely be our next president. The nations approval rating for Republicans is very low right now.

[quote]
Although I would have preferred Ron Paul, but that's just not going to happen.

Its a shame that when we finally get a republican worth voting for, the media ignores him, even after he wins ever debate.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, but as evidenced by the last two elections, the candidate doesn't really need majority approval to win the presidency.

Posted by Ant

Difference between delegates and the electoral college there buddy.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Ant: Difference between delegates and the electoral college there buddy.

[quote]If she beats Obama, she will most likely be our next president. The nations approval rating for Republicans is very low right now.

He was talking about the Presidential race, which is determined by electoral college so I don't really see what you're getting at here.

I've been in hardcore idiot mode all day, so bear with me if I'm way off.

Posted by Ant

oh, yeah it makes sense now I guess. though my statement doesn't make much sense either. and I'll be ****ed if I'm going to change it now.

Posted by David M. Awesome

I'm pulling for Obama right now, but I need to do a lot more research before election day comes around.

Posted by Shade

If Hillary wins the Democratic, just vote Green party to take a vote away from her.

Posted by Ashen

Quoting Hyperactive Poster: The nations approval rating for Republicans is very low right now.

The nation's approval rating for President Bush is very low right now. That has absolutely no reflection on the Republican Party as a whole.

Anyways, though it is possible that Clinton may win Texas and Wisconsin, there's still the super delegates, which put a whole new meaning on "majority vote" (the new meaning being no meaning). In the past few weeks, Obama's gotten backed by eleven super delegates, as compared to Clinton's one. I'm not sure about the exact numbers, but people are jumping ship from the Clinton campaign. She has a few things that are going "right" for her, but otherwise, the pendulum's going Obama's way currently.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Ashen: The nation's approval rating for President Bush is very low right now. That has absolutely no reflection on the Republican Party as a whole.

If the last election was any indication of how the country feels about Republicans, it's not very good. You know, considering how the once strong republican house was voted out and now held by the democractic party? no, doesn't ring any bells?

Posted by Ashen

The House and Senate wave back and forth all the time. It's not like they voted out every single Republican in office. There's still quite a good number, meaning there's at least a somewhat decent amount of support/approval left.

... I'm probably just putting buckets of water in my own canoe, but hey, isn't that how the war of semantics goes? xD

Posted by Fate

I'm going for Obama all the way.

Hil haet vidgamez.
:(

Posted by Xero

I'm the only Clinton supporter here and I'm a Quebecer.

Poor her.

I feel sorry for her a little bit, she has worked harder then probably anyone else to try and win this election, and it looked like all the hard work was going to pay off until just a few weeks ago. She probably deserves to win more then anyone else, but I still think Obama would do a better job.

Quoted post: She probably deserves to win more then anyone else,

... why?

Posted by Shade

D you have any idea how many times she's had to **** Bill to get where she is? That's why.

Twice, tops.

Posted by Shade

Twice? Jesus, no wonder Bill ****ed that one chick.

I figure once before marriage and once on their wedding night. They honestly don't seem like they really care for each other.

I say she deserves it more because how much work she has out into it. She has been working on this campaign since before 04.

Doesn't mean she deserves it.

Posted by #061402

Jack Thompson.

Just kidding. I'm not American, but I'd go for whoever wants to pull the troops outta Iraq. Soon America are bound to nuke us due to the number of refugees..

Posted by ExoXile

Hillary, I mean, come on.

Posted by Ant

spoilers: she's out of the running.

Posted by ExoXile

Posted by Average n00b

I agree that Hilary put a LOT of work into becoming president, spent a lot of money too. It's pretty harsh, really. But she did make history for coming this far, I think.

Now, for McCain, the guys got experience, that's all he's got imo. Obama? Hm..SEEMS promising, but not entirely sure.

Posted by G-Sides

oll

Posted by Panic!

Obama.

Posted by Shevanel

nader

Posted by Shade

He's gotta win sometime.

Posted by S

I think that's been his campaign for the last twenty years.

Quoted post: I agree that Hilary put a LOT of work into becoming president, spent a lot of money too. It's pretty harsh, really. But she did make history for coming this far, I think.

Harsh? Pff. Yeah, she'd make a great president. I mean, she wasn't in debt already or anything. And it's not like one of america's top priorities is to get out of debt. She would've fit the position perfectly.

And history shimstory.

Posted by The underground

McCain for the shear fact that obama is inexperienced and hillary is is too weak. she lets her emotions take control of her actions.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I like both McCain and Obama. I just wish McCain would go back to his moderate roots and Obama would quit blowing smoke up everybody's ***. McCain sounded NOTHING like a regular GOP, and was considered a maverick 5 years ago. Now he's telling the GOP what they want to hear to ensure he gets the conservative votes. But trust me, he's not as conservative as he lets on. Obama keeps prattling on about "change" and his vision and whatnot, but that's all it is, prattling. He has no solid ideas or even blueprints for any of his blowhard boasts, and people are too charmed by him to realize that he's doing the exact same thing that most politicians have done- make baseless boasts and promises. I want to hear "It is time for a change. Here is what's screwed up. Here is what I will do to fix it: (plan)." instead of "It is time for a change. I will make a change." /endcommercial How can I think he's all about progress and change when he's just making open promises like everybody else ever has?

And Ron Paul is TOO conservative, economically, for me. He adheres too much to the Austrian School of economics, which I feel gives way to abusing capitalism by big companies and greedy bastards, to be a viable economic strategy in today's global economy. But I guess I'm biased, having seen the South's economy go to utter **** because every manufacturing company that was located in South Alabama is owned by greedy dickholes who packed up and moved their factories to Mexico so they could rip off Mexican workers, all in the name of "capitalism".

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Obama.

Posted by Fragliche

This sums it up:

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/2csgjux.jpg[/IMG]

McCain is catching up to Barack though. It's like, what, 48 to 46 for Barack now?