Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Jamie425/1203095223483.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Aerosmith]Any band that can go from 'Don't Want to Miss A Thing' to the ***-kicking 'Sweet Emotion' to the cheekiness of 'Love in an Elevator,' to the classic ballad 'Dream On' shows why Activision chose us to headline this game based on the diversity of the Aerosmith catalog," boasts the band's vocalist, Steven Tyler. "Not only is songwriting a *****, but then it goes and has puppies.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

Posted by Degeneration

Aerosmith is good, but not like that. Is this the game that Activision was calling Guitar Hero IV a while back?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's the game people assumed was GHIV. Either way, haha, oh wow. What a stupid ****ing game. Pass.

Posted by David M. Awesome

I don't want to, but I already know that I'll end up playing it.

Not BUYING it, mind you.

Posted by Shade

WHY

I'll probably end up getting it, too. :(

Ugh, why? It's Aerosmith.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No way there'll be more than three tiers. Unless they expect you to play whole albums. Mother****ers.

Posted by Shade

I'm guessing it'll be more than just Aerosmith songs, just featuring them heavily or somethin.

All Aerosmith. Originals, covers and remixes. Calling it now.

Posted by Synth2012

This is the craziest thing I've ever heard. Of all the great bands out there, they pick Aerosmith?!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;817910]All Aerosmith. Originals, covers and remixes. Calling it now.
Aerosmith only
No star power
Final Destination

Posted by Shade

Quoting Synth2012: This is the craziest thing I've ever heard. Why not just make an actual Guitar Hero IV!?

fix'd

EDIT:

[quote=GameSpot]Guitar Hero: Aerosmith will follow the career of the band, from its first gig to playing packed out stadiums at the height of its fame and will feature a bounty of classic Aerosmith tracks, along with tracks from bands and artists that have performed with Aerosmith or were an inspiration to the band.

'Dream On' is also available as free DLC starting today, I think.

Huh, wow. Stupid.

Posted by The Hate

I didnt think they could do worse then the 80s one....I guess I was wrong.

[quote=The Hate;818088]I didnt think they could do worse then the 80s one....I guess I was wrong.

Shut up, the '80s game was great.

Not great. But good.

Posted by s0ul

Weren't there only like 3 songs on the 80s one that weren't covers?

Posted by Shade

Weren't there only like 3 songs on Guitar Hero II that weren't covers?

Used to it by now.

Posted by Speedfreak

Maybe they're getting the modern crap out of the way so they can do 5 versions in a row of nothing but 50's rock and roll CHUCK BERRY FUCK YEAH.

Guitar Hero: Elvis Presley.

Posted by Shade

Worst idea ever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Playing the Aerosmith DLC has only solidified my conclusion that this game will suck balls. Even on Expert, it was a total drag.

Posted by Synth2012

Yes Shade. That is what I meant to say. lol :P

A Guitar Hero game centered on just one artist is stupid in general, no matter who the artist is.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I dunno, one centered completely around Led Zeppelin would be pretty rocktacular.

Posted by Synth2012

*Braces for impact*

I always thought Led Zeppelin was a little overrated.

Posted by The Hate

........No they arent

Yeah, they are. I can understand liking them back when, but they suck.

Quoted post: Weren't there only like 3 songs on the 80s one that weren't covers?

Oh hey pre-2007.

Posted by NeXidala

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith?

This sounds awful. It's obviously apparent that Guitar Hero's reputation is going to spiral downwards very soon. It's already been going down a bit, but with the addition of this game, it'll be be even worse.

I predict Rock Band completely taking over Guitar Hero and emerging as the better, more unique, popular musical game that people will be turning to in there dissapointment from Guitar Hero.

Posted by Panic!

I'll buy it, just because I am a hardcore Guitar Hero fan. I just hope it isn't full price and just okay like Rocks the 80s was.

Edit: Rock Band isn't that good. I don't like it.. but if this is what GH is gonna come down to, I could see Rock Band killing it.

Quoted post: I predict Rock Band completely taking over Guitar Hero and emerging as the better, more unique, popular musical game that people will be turning to in there dissapointment from Guitar Hero.

No kidding. That's what everyone is saying, and it's halfway there already. It just needs to be cheaper.

Posted by Shade

Except it won't become cheaper. More **** = more money.

I don't really get the fuss about Rock Band. I mean, it's great when you've got people over, but Guitar Hero plays better, IMO.

Yeah, the sequencer in Rock Band is sort of hard to get the timing right on. It's more like Beat Mania, whereas Guitar Hero's sequencer was similar to DDR's.

Posted by Big Boss

Meh... Metallica would've gotten my attention. I like Aerosmith, just not that much.

Posted by Ant

Woooooooooooow, way to ****ing run this series into the ****ing ground. Here's looking forward to rock band 2 :D

Posted by Omni

[quote]will feature a bounty of classic Aerosmith tracks, along with tracks from bands and artists that have performed with Aerosmith or were an inspiration to the band.

Okay, so aside from Aerosmith, that would give you Guns N' Roses, M

Guns and Roses and the Rolling Stones are great, shut up. D:

Posted by Shade

I'd love to see some Zeppelin in there. =/

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I was going to crack a "Don't wanna miss a thing" about this game, but it turns out that I really do want to miss it.

Posted by The Hate

Quoting Big Boss: Meh... Metallica would've gotten my attention.

Metallica would probably have the best game from just one band.

Posted by Shade

WRONG.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You're wrong, boys. Here's your Guitar Hero game.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/StreetlightPeople.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Omni

Quoting Mr. Awesome: Guns and Roses and the Rolling Stones are great, shut up. D:

Guns and Roses doesn't exist and the Rolling Stones being in the game is outweighed by the fact that there's a bunch of crappy hair metal bands and Aerosmith in there.

Quoting The Hate: Metallica would probably have the best game from just one band.

Haha, no.

Quoted post: Haha, no.

Agreed. It'd be awful.

Posted by Shade

It'd be better than Aerosmith, though.

I like Aerosmith more, personally.

Posted by Ezili

I personally dont like any of the guitar hero games. Id pick up a real guitar before playing that game any day.

Posted by Shade

You can't honestly be comparing Guitar Hero to actually playing guitar.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

He probably sucks at real guitar, too.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Eh, I played Dream On Guitar Hero III and attempted to play it on my acoustic guitar, and got bored within the first three chords. Because of the massive amount of original music they released and the huge fan base, I still think that a game based entirely off only one band would be most succesful if that one band was Led Zeppelin. Even if the music wasn't by Led, covers would be fine, the name recognition alone would put it at the top of the list. Plus, all the bands that have been affiliated, influenced, or inspired by them in any way could bring in another massive list of songs.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Dream On was five minutes of held notes that wouldn't even be challenging in a Medium-level, low-tier song. Game is gonna suck ***.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

terrible idea... maybe on the loading screens they can show the lead singers daughter and her terrible acting, yeh I said lotr fan boys... TERRIBLE.... how soon everyone forgets about her in Armageddon just because she is a hawt elve few years lata.

Posted by Ziggy R

... I got lost a few pages back...

I don't think this is gonna be real though. the game GH4 might come out itself, but I don't think anything like the pic on page 1 says it will be.

For all I know, it'll be much like the other 4; an adicting arcade-style game.

None the less, I myself am anxious for the next release.

Posted by muffla

not real, what is that supposed to mean?

Uh, yeah. It's a real title. It's the equivalent of GHII's '80s edition really.

Posted by Ziggy R

Then if it's like the 80s edition, it wont count in the one with the numbers.

Areosmith's good and all, but so is Pearl Jam, Poison, Guns 'N Roses, even my band is oki.

I'm against the idea that the game should be of just one particular band, even if it's just the name. That'll drive customers AWAY from it, leaving it bad for business.

Quoted post: Then if it's like the 80s edition, it wont count in the one with the numbers.

No one is saying it is. It's not a main title, much like GTA Vice City wasn't a main title of the GTA series.

Posted by Shade

So wait, is this what we all thought was GH4, or is there still a real GH4 coming out this year?

When the Aerosmith game was originally announced people just assumed it would be GHIV. But now we know it's not. There's Aerosmith and there' GHIV.

Basically, here's why everyone was confused:

Quoted post: On September 4, 2007, Billboard announced that the band Aerosmith was "working closely with the makers of Guitar Hero IV, which will be dedicated to the Boston group's music."[8] Guitar Hero IV was also confirmed as in development following the announcement of the merger between Activision and Vivendi Games in December 2007.[9] It is as of yet unclear whether this announcement was in reference to Guitar Hero IV, or the announced expansion to Guitar Hero III; Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Aerosmith is cool, but not the best band that would be great to make a game out of. Still, at least it isn't as bad as the one for the DS, and i'm pretty sure that I will love it. I sure know my friend will because, not only is he kick-*** at Guitar Hero, he freaking loves Aerosmith. Come on, at least they didn't pick Fall Out Boy.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, that's the silver lining. :rolleyes:

Posted by Panic!

I dunno if anyone here reads GamePro, but they had a thing on GH: Aerosmith in the most recent copy. Includes a set list for the first 3 tiers. It actually looks pretty good. Better than I thought it would be when I first heard about it.

Posted by Shade

For all those interested, the track listing can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero:_Aerosmith