happy valentine's/terrible day to be alive

Posted by Stalolin

HOPE YOU GUYS ARE AS MERRY AS I AM TODAY YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My Valentine's Days with my girlfriend have followed a distinct pattern -

- I buy her something, she doesn't buy me something (2005)
- She buys me something, I don't buy her something (2006)
- I buy her something, she doesn't buy me something (2007)

I didn't buy her anything this year, under the assumption that she hasn't bought me anything. I EXPECT TO BE SURPRISED.

Posted by Ant

I don't understand why people are so hard on themselves on this day just because they don't have a girlfriend. If you do have one, that's nice, enjoy the day. But if you don't, no big deal.

So to those of you that have a partner, have a good day with them. If not, no need to be down, maybe next year, yeah?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Ant:
So to those of you that have a partner, have a good day with them. If not, no need to be down, maybe next year, yeah?

k.

I don't have a partner, but I'm not making a big deal out of it. Although I know I will have to deal with a friend who will feel like crap today. He's very moody these days so I'm sure today's event won't help =/

Posted by ExoXile

Hang out with the gal.
Even though we can't physically do so, atm.

That's what Skype is for. :)

I'll also be hoping that the package I sent will reach her in time.

We'll make up for the lackage of physicalness in April, I are not worried. :D

Other than that, I think people should listen to Antsu.

Posted by Ashen

Yeah, I'm kind of, you know, sick. I've been watching random Let's Plays on YouTube. Good ***, Mondo Medicals is a weird game. On a better note, I'm thinking of getting my gaming stuff on this school computer. Or hope that I get the money for my new laptop soon. 'Cause I get to keep that for my life.

And I need to figure out how to record crap. Because I'm planning on doing something like LPs. It might be fun. For you guys that is.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Ashen: And I need to figure out how to record crap. Because I'm planning on doing something like LPs. It might be fun. For you guys that is.

LPs like albums? Or what? No idea what you're talking about otherwise.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Playing some DMC4 and maybe go out for a free dinner. Good games and free food? ALL RIGHT!

Posted by Ashen

Quoting Omni: LPs like albums? Or what? No idea what you're talking about otherwise.
Sorry, should've qualified, 'cause I was talking about Let's Plays earlier. They're pretty much just like video walkthroughs in a way, though they can be very, very funny. Like this one of Super Kaizo World I was watching. That guy seriously freaked so bad. XD

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So my Valentines had:

- a girl I hardly know BAWWWWWing to me because a song came on over the PA that her ex-boyfriend used to sing to her.
- a woman falling down some stairs and breaking her arm and cutting open her face.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Ant: So to those of you that have a partner, have a good day with them. If not, no need to be down, maybe next year, yeah?

*unties noose*

Yeah today's gonna be filled with a lot of nothing.

Posted by Nazo

Eh, it's another boring normal day for myself. Even though I gotta g/f we're not doing anything particularly special. For one, she's in North Carolina, and I'm in Mississippi... I'll be up there in a couple weeks though, so I'll give you some incite on what happens then. ;)

Posted by WillisGreeny

Has it ended yet? man this sux.

Posted by Shade

Just another half hour, you can make it.

I played Lost Odyssey and got my balls fondled by a doctor. GREAT SUCCESS.

Posted by Fate

I had fun today. Carlos and I ended up going to a Japanese restaurant and watched someone prepare our food for us. Neat. :)

I ate, like, thirty scallops wrapped in the most undercooked, fatty, thickest bacon I've ever had. My ***... truly the best meal I've ever had. Totally feel sick though. But it was free so all right!

Posted by Xero

I went to school, watched students kiss. Then went to work and watched couples eating together. Cute day.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I got a very special message from a very special friend that made me feel very special... but at the same time made my heart ache.:(Otherwise the day was fine. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, DAMN YOU!;)

Posted by Arcadios

Went to school.
Went home.
Fapped.
Played Donkey Kong Country 2.
Went to work.
Flirted with some new girl.
Went home and and kicked *** as WEEGEE.
Fapped.
Went to sleep.

Sounded like a good day to me. :)

Posted by CrystalPain

Now im broke...
Restaurent 36$: not bad we had a nice japanese meal with sushi.
Gas 15$: no comments
Flowers:27$ for three ROSE's!!? Since i had school i needed to get special roses that had a small tube thingy that has water it in. ( it stayed in my locker for like 2 hours)
Being with Kalika(my gf): Priceless!

I don't really like Vday it brings stress, but it all depends on you.

Posted by Pit

I made chocolate truffles with my girlfriend

Posted by Xero

Quoting Arcadios:
Played Donkey Kong Country 2.

<3

Posted by Drudge Ravioli

Valentines day for me and my girlfriend was amazing ^_^ We got to exchange gifts and such. I got a little stuffed pet giraffe ♥ Also I gave her a card, and some of her edible favorites.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=The Judge;817354]*unties noose*

Yeah today's gonna be filled with a lot of nothing.

Hey.. HEEEEYY. Get back up there and be a trooper.

So, I buy two single females a few dozen roses. Because, relationships are for squares and I'm playing the field a little. And a third girl, whom happens to have a birthday on this stupid day; I bought her a Japanese fighting fish because she handed me some sob story about no one getting her anything.

The first girl and third girl, I end up partying with that night. The second girl; we chillax at her house in between and she calls me a prick because I said something of condescending nature, and artsy.. I thought chicks dug artsy?! My bust..

Going to be seeing the three of them together at another party, tonight. So much for my teeth and flawless face.

Quoted post: YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, **** YOU!

It's cats. Or Soul. Probably soul. He seems the mushy type.

Posted by Slade

meow meow valentine's meow

Oh, and I take back whatever I said before. I forgot I got a mini-sucker the day before valentine's. It was grape, my least favorite flavor.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's cats. Or Soul. Probably soul. He seems the mushy type.

NOPE!

My Valentine's Day was alright I guess!

Got a wittle baggie of candy. :3

Went to the doctor.

Came home and went on the computer.

Posted by Average n00b

I was sick yesterday--but that's a good thing since my boyfriend was at my place for a whole week. :) I really don't enjoy celebrating it to the full extent. I just really treasure what I have and I had it! I spent the whole day with him, played on the Wii, played hide and seek at the woods(My idea) and went to the mall and teased him a bit at Victoria's Secret. 8D

Quoted post: Got a wittle baggie of candy. :3

Me too. Someone I don't know left my whole family little baggies of candy in the mail. It was kinda creepy.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;817582]It's cats. Or Soul. Probably soul. He seems the mushy type.Nah, this one has a vaj.:eek:

you got me, I'm stumped.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Skitzo Control: Nah, this one has a vaj.:eek:

Dude, you weren't supopsed to tell anyone.

**** I KNEW IT

Posted by Speedfreak

I gave my girlfriend breakfast in bed, got her some candy, flowers, cooked her dinner.

Don't really see the point though. Isn't Valentines for single people? When you're a couple you totally see it coming.

Posted by Tyler Durden

No, it's a holiday strongly meant to be shared between couples.

I just choose to buy single chicks flowers anyway, to be nice.

Quoted post: Don't really see the point though. Isn't Valentines for single people? When you're a couple you totally see it coming.

Valentine's is for love in general.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Speedfreak: I gave my girlfriend breakfast in bed, got her some candy, flowers, cooker her dinner.

...Lies. :mad:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;818762][COLOR=skyblue]...Lies.[/COLOR] :mad:

And here I thought I didn't do enough.

Really though, being romantic is about being spontaneous. It's not spontaneous if you're with someone, they expect you to do something on valentines. I always thought it was the day you confessed your love to someone or something.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

I had a romantic outing at fapchan......

Posted by Fate

Quoting Speedfreak: Really though, being romantic is about being spontaneous. It's not spontaneous if you're with someone, they expect you to do something on valentines. I always thought it was the day you confessed your love to someone or something.

Valentine's is a cheap day to express love. Restaurants are crowded and there's heart crap everywhere. Just because it's expected doesn't mean it should be ignored. I mean, I got a sweet new iPod Nano (the one that plays videos) from Carlos and I only mentioned it like twice. I wasn't expecting him to get me something I would actually use, but he did and that was cool. I see it as a give-presents-and-do-favors day, not really a love day.

Posted by Arcadios

**** yea, unconditional love

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Fate: I see it as a give-presents-and-do-favors day, not really a love day.

That's what everybody who had a disappointing Valentine's Day says.

Quoted post: I see it as a give-presents-and-do-favors day, not really a love day.

It's just a day to do something extra special for the people you love, whether you give them gifts or express your love in a different way. It's like mother's day, you always love your mom, but on that specific day you do something extra nice for her.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Speedfreak;818832]I always thought it was the day you confessed your love to someone or something.

I never confess my true love for someone.. Hence why I only bought my best lady friend a dozen "yellow" roses, no card, and just the candy she personally likes. Just subtly allowing her to know that it's possibly there if she really wants it. The last time I expressed emotionally or willingly told someone I loved them, I ended up breaking up with them because they got all drama queen on me and couldn't handle the "L" word.. Chicks are strange.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Tyler Durden;819165]I never confess my true love for someone.. Hence why I only bought my best lady friend a dozen "yellow" roses, no card, and just the candy she personally likes. Just subtly allowing her to know that it's possibly there if she really wants it. The last time I expressed emotionally or willingly told someone I loved them, I ended up breaking up with them because they got all drama queen on me and couldn't handle the "L" word.. Chicks are strange.

Maybe you should wait more than three days before telling them iunno.

[quote=s0ul;819062]That's what everybody who had a disappointing Valentine's Day says.
[quote=Fate;818762][COLOR=skyblue]...Lies.[/COLOR] :mad:

:(

Posted by Fate

Quoting s0ul: That's what everybody who had a disappointing Valentine's Day says.

My V-Day wasn't disappointing. When you've been with someone as long as I have (or tons longer), the express-love thing doesn't mean as much. It's just expected that you will have a delightful day.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[quote=s0ul;819062]That's what everybody who had a disappointing Valentine's Day says.

She got an Ipod Nano. That doesn't sound very disappointing to me.

I, on the other hand, did nothing at all. I couldn't even dye my hair red because the dye had dried up since the last time I had used it.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Mr. Awesome: She got an Ipod Nano. That doesn't sound very disappointing to me.

Man if my ***** got me a nano I'd punch her in the throat til my ipod grew more gigs

Posted by David M. Awesome

I still use my old mini. ;_;

Posted by Fate

Quoting s0ul: Man if my ***** got me a nano I'd punch her in the throat til my ipod grew more gigs

You don't understand how much I love gaying out to Justin Timberlake vids. :(

Posted by Iris

Bling, home-made meal, chocolates, and sex. It was a good day.

Valentines is a day to be particularly romantic, it just happens that giving stuff and flattering the person generally does the trick. I've never considered it a day simply for revealing love, but rather expressing it more than usual.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Speedfreak;819274]Maybe you should wait more than three days before telling them iunno.

Three days?

Wait, wha-

Quoted post: When you've been with someone as long as I have (or tons longer), the express-love thing doesn't mean as much. It's just expected that you will have a delightful day.

Nah, it's the exact opposite actually. Jeez.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;819631]Nah, it's the exact opposite actually. Jeez.
What can you expect Vamp.

Fate just chooses to live in a fantasy world of make-believe, where feelings don't exist between two stale bodies. She forgets that VGC IS LAW! Remember kids, it's Vamp's Gaming Channel.. no some sissy "vidyagamechatz"..

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Nah, it's the exact opposite actually. Jeez.

Is expecting a delightful day expecting too much? :amy:

Posted by Shade

Duh.

Posted by Arcadios

/thread

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Ant: I don't understand why people are so hard on themselves on this day just because they don't have a girlfriend. If you do have one, that's nice, enjoy the day. But if you don't, no big deal.

this is true , people feel like crap cuz they see alot of couples and want that joy .

Quoted post: Is expecting a delightful day expecting too much?

On every day but Valentines? Yes.

Posted by Fate

Every day is a gay journey of love and affection. Valentine's is just the day you ask the particulars, like what is wanted or what place to eat.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Now this radio station has the right idea. [url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080213/ap_on_fe_st/odd_valentine_s_divorce]See for yourself.[/url]

Nah, valetine's is just a day for love in general. Like a friendly reminder to appreciate those you love. Whether that's the case for your relationship or not, it is for pretty much everyone else! People tend to take others for granted...

oh look, a whole new page. that was directed at fate

Posted by Ant

Quoting Fate: gay

haha you said gay

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;819861][COLOR=skyblue]Every day is a gay journey of love and affection. Valentine's is just the day you ask the particulars, like what is wanted or what place to eat.[/COLOR]

Sounds more like a transaction than an act of romance.

Valentines definately started off as something for single people, though. You'd confess your love and wear some heart brooch on your sleeve or some shit if she felt the same way. The only way in which couples were affected is it's supposed to be the day women can ask men to marry them.

I do hate it, feeling obliged to be romantic just because everyone else is doing it really sucks.

Posted by Fate

Yeah, I know, the obligation sucking is what we agree on. Like I've been saying, when you're in a meaningful relationship all that V-Day stuff is like adding extra oomph. Love + Love = <333

Posted by WillisGreeny

The only thing wrong with Valentine's day is how it's capitalized. All those heart shaped boxes drive me crazy. :horse:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;820047][COLOR=skyblue]Yeah, I know, the obligation sucking is what we agree on. Like I've been saying, when you're in a meaningful relationship all that V-Day stuff is like adding extra oomph. Love + Love = <333[/COLOR]

More like jumping through hoops to me. Same idea from different perspectives???

Posted by Fate

No! It's the same idea. It's more like this:

[We go to the restaurant. It's a nice place. The lady tells us there is a two-hour wait. After a few words of whether or not to stay, we leave.]
Carlos: So where to?
Me: I don't know! I wanted to eat here!
Carlos: I know, but waiting two hours is ridiculous.
Me: Well, ****! How was I supposed to know there was a ****ing two-hour wait?! I should've made reservations or something.
Carlos: This is your night! Doesn't this mean something to you?
Me: No! It's just another night! ...I want Quizno's. I'm ****ing tired of this ****! I just want to sit down and enjoy the ****ing night! *sigh* Thanks for the Nano.
Carlos: I know you're going to post this in your journal. It's the principle of the thing. If I didn't get you a gift you would post in your journal about how I didn't get you anything and about how we ate at Quizno's. We need to do something nice.
[We end up going to a Japanese restaurant.]

It's all about the principle of the thing. It's not an extra-special day, but it is extra-special when you spend it with someone you care for. Christmas, birthdays, religious gatherings, conventions, etc. can be more meaningful.

Like I said, I don't like the obligation to do something romantic. But, to be frank, I am a girl and it just must be done. It doesn't have to be romantic. It can be as easy as doing something different for the night, like a movie you would never normally see or going somewhere you normally wouldn't. You can even do a favor for someone. It's just supposed to be a day of nice things.

Posted by Speedfreak

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. If it's something that must be done then is it really meaningful when they do something nice? Isn't the whole point of being nice that you don't have to, but you do anyway? It's like when you were a kid and your parents made you say sorry for something but you really weren't sorry, so it was meaningless. But if you said sorry on your own it would have much more meaning. Valentines pretty much removes all the meaning out of being romantic.

Sorry to be so very cynical btw.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Man, you two sound pretty bitter. Why even bother to celebrate birthdays or Christmas if you look on things that way?

Posted by Speedfreak

Until you said that, other holidays were fine...

Posted by Fate

There's a stigma, that's why. It has to be celebrated. Can you imagine getting gifts every Christmas and then suddenly getting none (given your financial status hasn't changed)? It'd be pointless to not celebrate, if only the holidays that have gifts involved are thought of.

I can tell you this right now, for sure: If I didn't spend money for the bf on V-Day, I would feel terrible.

Quoted post: It has to be celebrated.

So? What's wrong with that? It should be celebrated if you ask me. Personally, it feels good to give gifts and show my affection for those close to me. I'm not doing it because I have to or I feel obligated, it's because I want to.

Posted by aarathi

Valentine's Day is celebrated on February 14. It is the traditional day on which lovers express their love for each other; sending Valentine's cards, or gifting candy. It is very common to present flowers on Valentine's Day. Anyway my late Happy Valentine's Day to all lovers of this forum.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;820287]So? What's wrong with that? It should be celebrated if you ask me. Personally, it feels good to give gifts and show my affection for those close to me. I'm not doing it because I have to or I feel obligated, it's because I want to.

Why wait for Valentines, then? So you can save some cash and not buy more presents than you need to per year? So you don't feel guilty about not having anything on the official present giving day?

It's not selfless giving when you're peer-pressured into it.

Posted by Fate

I'm thinking we're agreeing in a different way, Vamp. I actually want to celebrate it, too. I'm saying that even if I privately didn't want to celebrate it for whatever reason, it probably should be anyways. Holidays tend to stick with people longer than regular days.

Quoted post: Why wait for Valentines, then? So you can save some cash and not buy more presents than you need to per year? So you don't feel guilty about not having anything on the official present giving day?

Why not wait for Valentines? Why would I pick an arbitrary day when there's a good, fine day once a year that everyone else celebrates? It's not different than christmas or a birthday really. It's just a day once a year you celebrate with those close to you.

Quoted post: It's not selfless giving when you're peer-pressured into it.

That's your problem then, because I sure as hell don't feel peer-pressured.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm not a very organized person, so Valentines Day helps a lot by having the date set and the traition of a gift exchange. Helps a lot.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;820571]Why not wait for Valentines? Why would I pick an arbitrary day when there's a good, fine day once a year that everyone else celebrates? It's not different than christmas or a birthday really. It's just a day once a year you celebrate with those close to you.

That's your problem then, because I sure as hell don't feel peer-pressured.

I feel peer pressured because if I don't do something it's bad, unlike any other day. It makes doing something nice feel less genuine.

Birthdays and Christmas are different. Everyone gets a birthday and Christmas is a thoughtful exchange of gifts. On Valentines most girls don't do jack s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it, and when they do the guy is still expected to do way more for her than the other way around.

I don't think it counts as doing something nice when doing absolutely nothing simply isn't an option.

Like I said, the peer-pressure thing is your problem. And most of my girlfriends did more for me on valentines than I did for them, it was never an issue, so idk. I just think you're way too sour on something that's supposed to be simple and thoughtful. You seem to think you have to go all out when all a girl wants is just to feel appreciated and get something that makes them feel loved, whether you do that every day or not. And if that's not the case for you, might want to try finding a less shallow, less stuck-up ***** of a girlfriend. Might help.

Posted by Omni

I like doing nice things for people who are close to me. You guys are making being nice to people you like sound like a chore.

Posted by Ant

Look, if his girlfriend wasn't so obsessed with Achievements none of this would be a problem. But Microsoft insists on shoving Achievements down everyone's throats as to ruin Valentine's Day.

Posted by Slade

So far I've never really had a Valentine's day. I typically use it as a way to show someone who likes me that I'm not interested in them. But I can see how it'd be different if I really liked someone!

Posted by Ziggy R

Same here. I could never hold a steady relationship for more than a year.

Quoted post: Look, if his girlfriend wasn't so obsessed with Achievements none of this would be a problem. But Microsoft insists on shoving Achievements down everyone's throats as to ruin Valentine's Day.

Oh wow, I laughed super hard.

Posted by Ziggy R

lol so did I.

Heh, I haven't heard some one quite make fun of the da like that. jolly Good show, lad.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Why not wait for Valentines? Why would I pick an arbitrary day when there's a good, fine day once a year that everyone else celebrates? It's not different than christmas or a birthday really. It's just a day once a year you celebrate with those close to you.

It's a far shot from Christmas or a birthday. Those actually have significance and meaning. Valentines might have at some point, but it sure as hell doesn't now.

Oh right, like Christmas is in a completely different boat :rolleyes: It's just as, if not more commercialized and so removed from its original intent that it's barely even the same holiday. Does that really matter in the long run though? Nope. People still celebrate it on the same specific day every year, they still ("have to") exchange gifts to show their appreciation for others, they still spend it with their loved ones, etc etc.

I only included birthdays because, really, it's a pretty pointless event that you "have to" give gifts on.

Posted by Screenname

It was quite busy for me. I think I was ****ed at the time that this ****ing Cock slut is a liar. Honestly 90% of the females out there now have no morals, break promises, and love quick ****s. I honestly think I'll marry no one because of that reason.

I wasn't depressed tho I got good V-day wishes.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oh right, like Christmas is in a completely different boat :rolleyes: It's just as, if not more commercialized and so removed from its original intent that it's barely even the same holiday.

Ahhh, my bad. That's true. I did word that post so that it completely ruined what I meant. I'll be SUPER CLEAR now. Saying Valentines doesn't have a point wasn't referring to the commercialism and consumerism. Birthday and Christmas are entirely different holidays from Valentines in that they actually signify something. Birthdays are of course the anniversary of the day you came into the world. Christmas is (and this is how I look at it and why Jesus was said to be born on Dec. 25) the celebration of the days starting to become progressively longer and the coming of a spring.

Valentines Day is, what? A day to be nice to those you love? Kind of pathetic we need an alloted day to do that.

My point: They're an entirely different kind of holiday and celebration in meaning.

No ****. Doesn't change the fact that all three of them mainly revolve around giving gifts and appreciating loved ones, does it?

Posted by Shade

That's what happens, but not what the significance is. Which is what I was addressing in the first place.

Posted by Speedfreak

I didn't say a single thing about my girlfriend, dips[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it. I can have an opinion of the stupid holiday outside of my experiences with my girlfriend, can't I?

Like it or not, Valentines is different to Christmas and birthdays. I hate the commercialisation of Christmas too, which is why I make my parents think about something I like instead of throwing money at me. I figure a holiday where you think about eachother is pretty worth it regardless of the psuedo-religious crap and commercialisation, as is one day a year devoted entirely to you. Valentines is like a half-arsed mix of both. You exchange gifts, but if you're a guy you're expected to do much more. Sorry, but you're living in a bubble if you think otherwise. Outside of the 2% of the population that aren't morons, guys think they have to spend tons of money and girls think they're entitled to it and all they have to do in return is put out. Even if people didn't suck that much or the holiday was entirely one-sided I couldn't get behind it. I don't see the point in trying to be spontaneous and romantic when my girlfriend knows it's coming. Despite all the effort I put it in this year it felt worthless because it didn't feel special; she knew I was going to do something it and every other guy on the planet was doing something similar.

Maybe you don't mind being so cheap, but when I'm romantic I want her to be completely surprised and have no idea it was coming. Valentines day takes my favourite part out of it.

Posted by Fate

I like V-Day. My bf isn't the give-gift type, so it's really cool to expect a surprise something. I feel like I'm in Vegas.

"Will I get a gift? Will I get a gift? What's it going to be?!"

Oh, and, FYI, I spent more money on the bf than he did on me.
:)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Fate;820866][COLOR=skyblue]Oh, and, FYI, I spent more money on the bf than he did on me.[/COLOR] :)
And? Who cares? This is pretty good evidence that you don't get involved in Valentine's for selfless reasons.

Posted by Iris

Seriously. Valentines ISN'T just another day to show your love, or else it wouldn't be so widely celebrated. You can show your love any time, but Valentine's exists for added romance on a specific day, not solely for spending money and declaring love. If you can't be spontaneous and romantic because it's Valentine's then there's probably a fault in your relationship. I don't know a single girl that wouldn't want Valentine's to be more special than a normal day.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;820866][COLOR=skyblue]I like V-Day. My bf isn't the give-gift type, so it's really cool to expect a surprise something. I feel like I'm in Vegas.

"Will I get a gift? Will I get a gift? What's it going to be?!"

Oh, and, FYI, I spent more money on the bf than he did on me.[/COLOR] :)

Wow, thanks for proving my point. That Vegas thing really tips the scales. I'm sure your boyfriend would love to know you see him as a series of f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking prizes. The fact that you equate "doing more" to "spending more money" helps my generalisation of women a whole lot too. It's a shame because I really want it to be disproven, way to go.

[quote=Iris;820875] If you can't be spontaneous and romantic because it's Valentine's then there's probably a fault in your relationship.

Whoa, I greatly resent that. Because I like to surprise my girlfriend there's something wrong with our relationship?

[quote=Iris;820875]I don't know a single girl that wouldn't want Valentine's to be more special than a normal day.

Funny, cause I don't know a single girl that would rather know that their boyfriend is going to do something for them than be completely surprised.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Speedfreak:

Whoa, I greatly resent that. Because I like to surprise my girlfriend there's something wrong with our relationship?

Yes, there's something wrong if you can't do both. "SURPRISE HUNNY! I did jack **** for you today! I know-I know, today's valentine's day and you'd expect to be getting chocolate or a teddy bear or some ****, but we're ABOVE that. I can show my love for you through not doing anything that is expected from a typical boyfriend!"
Way to go Speedfreak. You've once again proven guys will say just about anything to get away from having to buy their girl anything...Typical men, we are.

Think of the implications for how christmas would be using this logic, lol. Kids run down the stairs only to see a small postcard from santa under the tree, saying "I'll come when you least expect it". Then those same kids look out the window at their neighbors, watching the kids playing with all their new toys and having a great time.

Quoting Speedfreak:
Funny, cause I don't know a single girl that would rather know that their boyfriend is going to do something for them than be completely surprised.

... You've lost me... You couldn't be comparing spontanious romance to V-day romance...are you? You can't be spontanious on V-day because?

Quoted post: That's what happens, but not what the significance is. Which is what I was addressing in the first place.

It pretty much is. What's left of Christmas other than gifts and spending time with people you care about?

Quoted post: Maybe you don't mind being so cheap,

Who said anything about being cheap? Neither of us expected anything wildly expensive and neither of us got anything like that. Last Valentine's I still spent a nice chunk of change, she just happened to spend a bit more. That's more or less always been the way it is and it never seemed to matter because it always came down to the thoughtfulness of whatever it is rather than the pricetag. As for what girls expect, again, that's only the case because of who the men pick. A ****ty valentine's is easily avoided if don't pick a ****ty companion.

Posted by Shade

Quoting WillisGreeny: ... You've lost me... You couldn't be comparing spontanious romance to V-day romance...are you? You can't be spontanious on V-day because?

His point being that you can't surprise them on V-Day because they see it coming a mile away.

Posted by WillisGreeny

That's limited to your imagination and planning. His point still sux. All they know is "something" could happen.

You can still surprise them with what you planned and did for them.

Posted by Iris

Surprises aren't about just giving a gift or not giving one, it's what you give and the amount thought put into it. I wouldn't be surprised with a Wal-Mart teddy bear, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be surprised by any other gift, regardless of value.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Then what is given should be the surprise (which is what I agree with), not whether or not it is given on V-day.

Personally, I'd be really surprised with a walmart teddy bear. If only because I didn't expect something so... lame.

Posted by WillisGreeny

...(*cancels teddybear sent to Ontario*)

Posted by Iris

Well, I wouldn't really be expecting it, but rather I wouldn't consider it romantic and spontaneous since it's so generic.

Haha, yeah, I knew what you meant. Though given in the right way from the right person even a gift like that could be pretty sweet and caring.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=WillisGreeny;820987]That's limited to your imagination and planning. His point still sux. All they know is "something" could happen.

If she knows I'll do something then it's not a surprise. Sure I can surprise her with what I'm doing for her, but I can't surprise her with the fact that I'm actually doing something. Sounds like a small difference but I know for a fact that it's a world of difference.

Plan something for your girlfriend next week and don't let on anything. Make just as much effort as you did for Valentines. In fact, not just you, everyone who disagrees with me here do it. Afterwards tell me honestly that they weren't a million times happier because they didn't know you were going to do anything.

six in one hand, buddy. As long as they get something nice girls will always be happy. You really don't have to do much to please them, just as long as its thoughtful. It's not the surprise it's everything else--the thought, the time you took, the show of affection, etc. I can honestly tell you she wouldn't be "a million times happier" definitely more surprised, sure, but not necessarily happier.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Speedfreak: Wow, thanks for proving my point. That Vegas thing really tips the scales. I'm sure your boyfriend would love to know you see him as a series of f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking prizes. The fact that you equate "doing more" to "spending more money" helps my generalisation of women a whole lot too. It's a shame because I really want it to be disproven, way to go.

We ****ing live together, dude. I buy him gifts all the time because I feel like making him smile in other ways than one-- because, you know, we love each other and stuff and if I didn't make him happy without gifts then we've got problems. When you live together with a person you actually love and want to spend the rest of your ****ing life with, one single day out of the whole year not being oh-so-****ing romantic means JACK ****. THINK.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Fate, your head is screwed on SO backwards.

I used to live in a fantasy world with my head rammed straight up my own ***, pretty much just like yours is now. Buying some **** all the **** time proves dick about how much you care about them. Open up your cock laden eyes and understand. Sometimes- it takes more than material wealth and momentary itemized happiness to connect to your sig-other. You have to listen to them, take them on walks, enjoy the same faggoty **** they enjoy. Comprende? And I lived with said used **** for four years solid; just her, me, and the wide open world before us. **** gets old, **** gets boring, **** gets out the door and looks for new romance. Fool..

Uh, I think Fate would know better than any of us if her relationship with Big Boss is okay as is. Clearly it's working out all right for her, isn't it?

Posted by Ant

Tyler Durden aka Brad Pitt knows better.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I wasn't speaking only of her relationship in general. That was more of a rant about how ****ty it is to just rely on buying someone else's happiness.

I could care less if she's having the time of her life, this is the internets. Grow the **** up.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;821138]six in one hand, buddy. As long as they get something nice girls will always be happy. You really don't have to do much to please them, just as long as its thoughtful. It's not the surprise it's everything else--the thought, the time you took, the show of affection, etc. I can honestly tell you she wouldn't be "a million times happier" definitely more surprised, sure, but not necessarily happier.

Well I like to go the extra mile because I'm f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking awesome.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;821658]Uh, I think Fate would know better than any of us if her relationship with Big Boss is okay as is. Clearly it's working out all right for her, isn't it?

I've been with my girlfriend longer than Fate has with Big Boss. Not by much longer (matter of months), but I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about too.

FYI Fate, we live together too, and we had to travel a f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ckton further than you two did.

Quoted post: Well I like to go the extra mile because I'm ****ing awesome.

Have fun with that.

Quoted post: I've been with my girlfriend longer than Fate has with Big Boss.

Congrats, buddy.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;821850]Have fun with that.

I do. Surprising people is one of the most rewarding things you can do in life in my opinion.

Do go on.

Posted by S

Quoting Ant: Tyler Durden aka Brad Pitt knows better.

Brad Pitt... or Edward Norton?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden = Brad Pitt = Jack's complete lack of surprise = Edward Norton?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;822089]Do go on.

No need, proved you wrong and you already admitted it. You're losing it, man.

Haha, riiiiight. Nothing was prove right or wrong, you faggot. All you said was that you thought you couldn't surprise someone on Valentine's when you, you know, can, and thought you could surprise someone better on a different day which really doesn't matter. You don't have to surprise them in a huge way. I honestly don't know where you get that from. A surprise is a surprise and that only goes so far. Again, it's everything else the woman cares about, being hugely surprised is the cherry on top.

wow

Posted by Freedreich

Stupidest argument ever.

Posted by Shade

And here I thought you guys would stop your arguing and talk about Fight Club.

DISAPPOINTING

Posted by s0ul

My favorite part is when they fight in the club.

Posted by cool gamer dad

**** ***** spoilers. UGH.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;822366]Haha, riiiiight.

pile of lame.

wow

[quote=Freedreich;822370]Stupidest argument ever.
Tell me about it, Dr. Phil.

[quote=Shade;822378]And here I thought you guys would stop your arguing and talk about Fight Club.

DISAPPOINTING
Like srsly, what else is thar to talk abouts?!

[quote=s0ul;822407]My favorite part is when they fight in the club.
I likes to get drunk and see Jerod Leto get his ***.. and face handed to him, on his backside.

[quote=cats;822416]**** ***** spoilers. UGH.
If you read the book first, then that's also a spoiler.

Posted by S

Quoting s0ul: My favorite part is when they fight in the club.

My favorite part i[spoiler]ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
sssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss ss ssssssssssssss ssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssss Jack's morbid sense of curiosity.[/spoiler] Oh man, that part was ****ing awesome.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;822366]Haha, riiiiight. Nothing was prove right or wrong, you faggot. All you said was that you thought you couldn't surprise someone on Valentine's when you, you know, can, and thought you could surprise someone better on a different day which really doesn't matter. You don't have to surprise them in a huge way. I honestly don't know where you get that from. A surprise is a surprise and that only goes so far. Again, it's everything else the woman cares about, being hugely surprised is the cherry on top.

wow

Sure buddy.

Posted by Omni

If anything, it being harder to surprise someone on that day gives you more of an incentive to be creative.

Posted by Speedfreak

Impossible. I said IMPOSSIBLE.

Posted by neonmole

Didnt recieve any cards, but did get a teddy bear from someone at work, which was sweet!:cool:

Quoted post: Sure buddy.

So I win. Cool.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;822725]So I win. Cool.

No.

Posted by Shade

De fukken nied

edit: both of you just shut the **** up and go back to arguing about vidya

Posted by Speedfreak

We ARE arguing about vidya.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I won. You all suck. HAHA

Suck my e penis.

Posted by Iris

It's March, shut up already. :mad:

Posted by Speedfreak

That sounds like a challenge.

Posted by Iris

I'll challenge you to a match of Brawl on March 9th. :)

Posted by Speedfreak

No point, the lag will be about 10540800000ms (not a random figure).

Posted by Shade

Sounds like your wussing out. Pansy.

Posted by Speedfreak

...that's the amount of milliseconds in the 4 months of EU delay. Though from what I've heard it's a laggy game anyway, even if I imported it and the Freeloader worked.

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT!

A match between speedy and iris would probably be a slideshow.

Posted by Ant

Most of the videos I've seen aren't that laggy...though at least it doesn't skip when it lags. Hell, I always liked it when it slows down in games. Makes for some epic moments.

Posted by Speedfreak

As long as it's slowdown lag and not opponent-teleports-across-the-map lag.

I'm sure Iris would kick my ass at the game, I don't have a problem losing. I just want to lose because of me, not because of my 400ms ping.

Yeah, if it's like, uh, DoA where it's like it enters into slow-mo, that's fine I guess. Better than nothing. But I doubt that's the case. Probably gonna be like Bomberman Live where you think you trapped someone in between two bombs and suddenly they're on the other side of the board and you're trapped.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Speedfreak;824175]As long as it's slowdown lag and not opponent-teleports-across-the-map lag.

I'm sure Iris would kick my a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s at the game, I don't have a problem losing. I just want to lose because of me, not because of my 400ms ping.
It's a shame I have to wait until Q3 2008 to do it. ;)

Posted by Ant

no, it's slowdown. it doesn't skip.

Posted by Speedfreak

VAMP MADE HIMSELF VERY CLEAR THAT IT'S PROBABLY GOING TO BE LIKE BOMBERMAN LIVE. FAGGOT.

Yes, and as everyone knows when I say probably I mean it will in fact be that way for sure, no questions asked.

Posted by Iris

Well, I knew that.

I'd hope so. It's a fact that everything I say is a fact.

Posted by Iris

You don't even have to spell it out, Vamp. We know. :D

Posted by CrystalPain

I love it how this thread started with hating Vday and ended up being a challege in a match of Brawl between Iris and speedfreak.

Wasn't she the one complaining about changing the subject a few days ago?

Posted by s0ul

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

huh, wow. Even I thought those last few posts were ****ing stupid. Doesn't matter what speedy does but he always manages to make himself look dumber and dumber.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Atleast the man is persistant.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;824867]huh, wow. Even I thought those last few posts were ****ing stupid. Doesn't matter what speedy does but he always manages to make himself look dumber and dumber.

Of course, because I keep disagreeing with you over and over. The factor by which I am dumb purely for disagreeing with you stacks.

Right, because those last few posts were exactly that, right? Not just the same moronic post constantly repeated? Okay, pal.

Posted by Speedfreak

The irony appears to be lost on you.

No, you were just being an idiot.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yes I was. Man you're dumb.

Nah, you're dumb.

Posted by Stalolin

i would like to request this topic locked

i can do that right?

sure. though me and speedy are super mods anyways

Posted by Speedfreak

There had better not be a shitstorm over me deleting this...

**** STORM