KOTOR3!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=92630

IT'S FINALLY COMING, AND ITS BIOWARE WHO ARE DEVELOPING IT **** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [spoiler]in before vamp and speedfreak agree on kotor being bad[/spoiler]

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I never got to beat KOTORII. :(

None the less, excited.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Didn't really like kotor. Really didn't like the second one. So I'm not too excited.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Buying Force Unleashed instead

Oh man, so buying that. I'll stick with mass effect for my bioware rpg.

Posted by Poco

Mass Effect for the PC in May. Hope you console fanboys got a taste of what a good game is like without mods making it better.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Mods don't make games better.

Yes they do. The first mod out will be naked characters and lord knows that makes Mass Effect so much more kickass.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I was going to say G-Mod, but then I realized that HL2 didn't need G-Mod.

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh wow, I'm watching 2 trolls roll about in the mud bickering.

I must be the luckiest guy in the planet.

I hope they release a triple pack with all KOTOR games in it. Holy **** I'd jump on that.

Oh wait, this is outside of Wacko U? Cut that troll **** out.

Posted by The Sageless Ranger

yay ive been waiting for this, and haha i do know that Frank West has covered wars.

Posted by Alastor

ABOUT
****ING
TIME

Posted by Fate

Definitely going to buy this one.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Skitzo Control: Mods don't make games better.

so i bet you think oblivion is a goty game unmodded eh?

Posted by Skitzo Control

I think Goldeneye: 007 is a Game of the Year game (1998) unmodded, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a Game of the Year game (1999) unmodded, Halo: Combat Evolved is a Game of the Yeaer game (2002) ummodded, Half-Life 2 is a Game of the Year game (2005) unmodded, and Call of Duty 4 is a Game of the Year game (2008) unmodded. :)

Oblivion isn't GotY, but it's definitely already a VERY good game that, modded, is a less-than VERY good game.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Skitzo Control: I think Goldeneye: 007 is a Game of the Year game (1998) unmodded, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a Game of the Year game (1999) unmodded, Halo: Combat Evolved is a Game of the Yeaer game (2002) ummodded, Half-Life 2 is a Game of the Year game (2005) unmodded, and Call of Duty 4 is a Game of the Year game (2008) unmodded. :)

Oblivion isn't GotY, but it's definitely already a VERY good game that, modded, is a less-than VERY good game.

Do you happen to play console games?

Posted by Skitzo Control

I play PC and console. I prefer console for most games for one simple reason: controller>mouse+keyboard. In games like Obliivion, a controller feels so much more right. I'll say this: M&K>Controller in FPS and RTS, but that's about it. OoT with M&K would have been so bad.:(

kotor still sucks

Posted by Poco

Quoting Skitzo Control: I play PC and console. I prefer console for most games for one simple reason: controller>mouse+keyboard. In games like Obliivion, a controller feels so much more right. I'll say this: M&K>Controller in FPS and RTS, but that's about it. OoT with M&K would have been so bad.:(

wow. wut a nublet. have fun playing dota.

Posted by #061402

I hope they make it more like the first, and less like the second. There was nothing wrong with KOTOR 2, aside from having some difficulties finding a darn lightsaber, but I still preferred KOTOR.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Poco;852073]wow. wut a nublet. have fun playing dota.
See how that worked out for you, there? You completely validated my point and my ability to form a non-biased opinion by pointing out the fact that I play a mod of an already popular PC game. :) Thank you.

Quoted post: I hope they make it more like the first, and less like the second. There was nothing wrong with KOTOR 2, aside from having some difficulties finding a darn lightsaber, but I still preferred KOTOR.

Everything was wrong with the second. It was objectively worse. Quite a bit worse at that.

Posted by Ms.Leading

"EA has rubbished recent reports that a new Knights of the Old Republic game is in development at Bioware.

News broke earlier this week (which we and many others eagerly reported) that a recent presentation to analysts by EA CEO John Riccitiello referred to a Knights of the Old Republic game.

The slide in question, called "Best Creative Talent", also mentioned Black, Boogie and Skate, among others.

However, EA has now told Eurogamer that those references "speak to past portfolio releases and the pedigree of the studio but do not specifically address future sequels".

"The MMO in development at Bioware Austin is listed a 'New MMO'. We apologise for any confusion this may have caused," a spokesperson added.

Elsewhere, LucasArts clarified its relationship with Bioware, telling IGN "it has nothing to do with Knights of the Old Republic".

The Black sequel rumour was shot down almost simultaneously by a Criterion employee." (Eurogamer)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

WHERE IS MY BALDUR'S GATE

Too Human

lol

Posted by Speedfreak

BIOWARE SUCKS.

This is a valid opinion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

if you're retarded

Nah, just KotOR. Mass Effect is pretty **** good. Fixed all the lame **** from KotOR.

Posted by Fate

I actually liked KotOR I and II and totally loved Mass Effect. :/

Posted by Speedfreak

Bioware didn't make KOTOR II did they?

And from what I hear they screwed up everything in Mass Effect that was working in KOTOR!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Mass Effect is nothing like KOTOR anyway.

Posted by Speedfreak

If they improved on everything that sucked in KOTOR and screwed up everything that didn't it'd be it's polar opposite!

Quoted post: And from what I hear they screwed up everything in Mass Effect that was working in KOTOR!

Well, like X said, they play a lot differently, so it's tough to screw up everything KotOR did when it doesn't do too many things similar. Only thing Mass Effect screwed up in my opinion is side-quests (being too few) and the inventory system. Otherwise, there sure as hell isn't a lot to complain about.

Also, yeah, some other ****ty developer made KotOR II.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Obsidian. They actually made a better game, but Lucasarts cut their development considerably short because they wanted a Christmas cash-in when originally the game would have released in summer the next year.

Excuses. Kotor II flatout sucked, therefore Obsidian sucks. It's perfect logic.

Posted by Fate

It didn't suck and you suck for saying that.

You suck for disagreeing with me. I mean, Kotor I can accept as being good, I don't like it, but it's all right. Kotor II though? Everyone thought that game was a huge step down. It sucks; you suck.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The gameplay and graphics weren't a step down, it was more the fact it was an unfinished product with half its content missing.

Posted by Fate

I thought of it more as an expansion than another actual game. I had fun with it so Vamp sucks.

You can't call it a sequel and expect it to be taken as an expansion at full retail price. That's retarded.

Posted by Fate

I played through it like four times so I guess it was worth it? :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I played through it once initially then again on the PC with most of the deleted content patched back in. Much better.

Posted by dadudemon

[COLOR=windowtext]I liked II very much. I liked the different ways you could develop your character. I liked the influence you had over your teammates, too. Also, the game fixed a few glitches or annoying operations in the game. There were still bugs. I can't remember anything specific off the top of my head, but I remember playing KOTOR I through completely and then immediately playing II and noticing several fixes.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=windowtext] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=windowtext]I still felt that KOTOR I was a better game, though. The story just seemed better. The story in II seemed more predictable.[/COLOR]
[FONT='Times New Roman'][COLOR=#000000]I look forward to KOTOR III. I hear that it's rumored to be an MMORPG. If so, then I will be greatly disappointed. MMO is fine for those who want to do that and have the time, but I think it should have a massive single player option, similar to RTS games.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by #061402

[QUOTE=dadudemon;889658]I liked II very much. I liked the different ways you could develop your character. I liked the influence you had over your teammates, too.

I still think this was done better in the first KOTOR. *Spoiler*[spoiler] Like if you decided to become a Sith... Instead of having everyone die, like in KOTOR II, depending on how much your teammates liked you and how loyal they were, they'd either go with you or fight against you.[/spoiler] *Spoiler End.*