Anyone got a Creative Zen V?

Posted by maian

...Mine froze one day, as it has many times before. I wasn't aware of the reset button, so I would simply let the battery die and it would recharge if I plugged it in. After not using it for a month or so, I turned it on, and it froze on the welcome screen. Slightly aggravated, I plugged it in again to the computer after it died.

However, it didn't charge as normal. Now, the player just sits there, and nothing happens. The computer doesn't recognize that anything is plugged in, yet, the two blue lights on the player glow when it gets plugged in. So basically, it's not charging, yet, it knows its plugged in. I don't know if the problem lies in the player, or if something has gone wrong in my software that's not making it recognize it anymore.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

A lot of MP3 players won't charge unless you have the software installed, which leads me to believe something's messed up on your computer. Maybe try uninstalling it and installing it again.

Posted by maian

Bah, reinstalled, and getting the same result. I sent an email to Creative, but getting a result could take forever.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Tried googling it. Like "creative whatever won't charge" or something?