Countdown to MLB 08:The Show....

Posted by madcap08

Anyone else looking forward to this game? The previews for it look amazing although I wish there was more info out there about it. If you do have 07....They are enhancing the 'Road to the Show' mode so you can play defense as well! Can't wait to try that...That feature is one of the coolest things in the game....Also no more boring in game music in season mode....cause it has a jukebox that lets you jam all your own tunes....( What a relief)

Posted by Big Boss

Yes, I read about the jukebox, which is a good thing. Though, to be completely honest, I grew to like the soundtrack from the last two games.

Sony has the gameplay down, but they really need to improve on character modelling and lighting. The stadiums still feel very artificial, and a lot of the in-game player models look nothing like their real-life counterparts. This is largely due to limited body templates (3?) that are shoehorn on every player. "C.C. Sebathia is big, so we'll give him the big template. Oh, but Jason Giambi is also big, so we'll give him the same template even though their bodies look completely different."

Also, they really need to improve on player stances. Someone's entire job should be to look at every player's batting stance from every angle and see exactly how they look at the plate. It's not just an issue with little-known players, as even big stars like Chipper Jones get the mistreatment. It looks like they're trying to improve, as his stance improved from '06 as well as other players'... but there's still more work to be done.

Lastly, they really need to add more stats to the game. Give me half-season stats so I can make comparisons on where my players shined the most. It is well known that many players start off hot and then break down towards the end, while others heat up as the Pennant Race approaches (Johan Santana). Also, let me check their monthly stats for similar reasons, as well.

But hey, I'm just nitpicking.

Posted by tina.anderson

Yeah there could be improvements made to the game, but MLB 08 looks like it will be a lot better and easily the best baseball game yet. I can't wait until it hits the stores. That new jukebox feature seems like it is going to be pretty neat also.

Posted by madcap08

Cool new preview for MLB: The Show up on ESPN.com . It's the most complete one I've seen.. I've been waiting for a good one... Have to admit I was even more psyched for the game after checking it out. Lots of stuff they are putting in that I didn't know about.