Advice: Help Today

Posted by Kaise Suratu

Here's the Story:

I need advice for making cash. I'm 17 years old, and looking for a good solution. I have a job but my hours cut down from 30 to 15, to 8.0, to 7, and now 6.5 with minimal wage [new g.m is making people quit]. I've been working here for about 5 months and promised a 1$ raise within the next month, however, our new G.M said I'd only get a 25 cent raise within 6 months. The old G.M I worked with said in 30 days she'd talk to her boss about giving me a raise, but that didn't happen. Now I have to wait and my raise will be 25 cents. It's bull-**** I'm not about money whatsoever, but I have to make a living by helping pay rent and bills.

*I've worked 7.5 hours in ONE day, with a 30 minute break, and now I get 6 a week? Plus I really wouldn't consider my self a bad employee.*

Okay I'm done with my rant.
Now I need some real help.

I understand in order to get more cash I'd have to fix this problem. I need to either quit, stick it out for another month and see if my hours will raise, or find 2-3 jobs. I go to school from 7:45 to 4:30 when I get home, and I'm thinking about finding an 8$ an hour job with intermediate hours, which leaves certain days open for other jobs while staying with my old job.

While I'm still in high school, and under 17 what should I do?

Any suggestions?

Posted by Xenos

Out of curiosity, why is it that you need cash so desperately? Just to save or for tuition?

Posted by Kaise Suratu

I need to worry about helping my parents pay rent and bills. I had about a 250$ pay check every two weeks and half of that went to my parent's bills.

Posted by Lord of Spam

get a job busing tables at a place that lets you get a cut of the tip. you will only make like $2 an hour, but the tips should more than make up for it. Plus, after a while there, you should be able to talk them into letting you wait on tables and make even more money.

The only downside is that its a ****ty job with **** hours, but its just about the most you can honestly make while iin highschool unless you want to deal drugs (which i really, REALLY advise against).

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quit your job, for sure. You won't be getting your raise, trust me. Run your own eBay business instead.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I've been working here for about 5 months and promised a 1$ raise within the next month,

Hahahahaha.

And 25 cents is a pretty good raise all things considered.

But yeah, good luck finding a decent job at 17. Most well-playing businesses will only hand jobs at to those 18 and above, if that. Can't really suggest much because it depends on the city you live in and what's in demand there. If there's nothing, yeah, you could be looking at a couple minimum-wage jobs.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Sell drugs, or your body, or both.

If you live in California, getting a job as a bus boy isn't that bad.:)

Posted by The Heir Apparent

Never believe what a boss tells you. Even in the future when hopefully youll have a good career. How many other jobs are in your area? Check them out. In the meantime stick it out til you find something else.