Vista

Posted by Xenos

The OS came with my laptop. I am wondering if I should keep it or remove it ... so far its not giving me and problems and it seems okay. What do you guys think? I haven't used it long enough to give an actual opinion.

Posted by Borealis

I doubt you should bother changing. Vista, at launch was pretty buggy and incompatible with several softwares, yeah, but now mostly everything is compatible with it.

I reckon not to go through the trouble unless you're presented with a critical issue upon havin Vista instead of XP, or something.

Posted by Stalolin

go back to xp

right now

don't let it's prettiness fool you

it's only evil

Posted by Shade

Trade your laptop in for a Mac with Leopard OS. It's the only solution.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Try it for a couple weeks and see how you feel. Some people really like Vista, some people really hate it. It just depends if it interferes with your computer usage.

Posted by Xenos

I sorta of want to change it, but at the same time, I don't want to go through all the trouble of the possibility of not having the right drivers for XP, or even just getting ahold of a copy because I lost mines awhile ago.

and no i haet mac

Posted by Stalolin

Most companies still post drivers for XP.

What brand is it?

Though some drivers might not work even for XP. I still can't get my webcam working. not too concerned though, you guys don't want to see lolin stripping

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I know I do.

Quoted post: I sorta of want to change it, but at the same time, I don't want to go through all the trouble of the possibility of not having the right drivers for XP, or even just getting ahold of a copy because I lost mines awhile ago.

Don't bother then. It's really not a fun process and if you can put up with Vista is might grow on you.

Posted by lanzer

is it possiable to have a dual boot where you can have a choice of starting up XP or Vista? that could be a solution.

if not, then just stick with vista adventually we will all have to go to it.

Yeah. Just make a partition and install the OS to it. You should get a screen on boot-up asking you which OS you want to you.

Posted by Gollum

Don't keep it unless you have 2GB of RAM, else it'll be way too slow and ****ty.

Otherwise, it's been a year, SP1 is being released soon, and Vista is finally going to settle down and get better.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Does your laptop have a dual core processor?

Figured if it came already installed the specs would be up to snuff.

Posted by Xenos

Man. I have a 2gig Ram, but its still so ****ing slow. I didn't even realize how bad it was until I started to use more heavier programs like Adobe Photoshop/InDesign, etc. Its so bad. It takes me fifteen minutes to load up a tiny menu.

Now I am seriously going to get XP back again, but I am unsure whether or not my drivers are capable of handling it ...

It shouldn't be that slow...

Posted by muffla

vista blows, I personaly dont care for mac's but i prefer them to vista

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It shouldn't be that slow...

Oh yeah? It just so happens she started typing that post over a week ago. It took about 10 days for her just to type those two paragraphs.

Well that's just some kind of badass then.

Posted by Xenos

hush

Posted by Trigger

I run Windows Vista on all my machines and don't have any problems using the program. I am almost certain my laptop would have worse hardware installed than your laptop does, as I have had mine for a while. I can run World of Warcraft in Windows Vista on my laptop without problems.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

I have a lot of trouble with Vista because it eats up most of my ram. I can run three programs at a time max, and I mean a browser, a IM, and a music player, and even then I still have some trouble with it freezing up.

Just depends on your ram.

Posted by Synth2012

I dislike Vista very much. Vista and I have learned to tolerate each other now, but we'll never be lovers.

It seems like Microsoft has tried to dumb everything down so much that in reality they just made everything more complicated. The ram eating is pretty insane to, mostly for things you don't even want/need.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Didnt work out for me so i upgraded to Windows XP

Posted by Trigger

Well, as with anything, turning off non-essential programs and services will increase performance on any machine. You can make Windows Vista run a lot better if you whip it into shape. Buy a Mac or use Linux if you truly dislike Microsoft products that much.

(Oh my *** bumped, but I totally don't care!)

Posted by Stalolin

windows 7