Game programs???

Posted by gamewiz

Ok so i was wondering does anyone know any good video game design programs for a begginer that is free off of internet?

Posted by Roger Smith

lol your name is misleading.

Posted by gamewiz

lol thats what everyone says though im kinda trying to change that :)

Posted by muffla

[url]www.alice.org[/url]
im taking a beginers programing class in school and this is what we use, its free, sponsord by EA and other people and when 3.0 comes out it will have sims 2 graphics

Posted by Borealis

Uh, RPG Maker?

Posted by gamewiz

eh ill check out that program and do u have links to an RPG maker?

Posted by ritu

Hi guys,Game programming, a subset of game development, is the programming of computer.If you have this awesome video game idea, and are thinking of creating your own video game. You can use game maker software.Using easy to learn drag-and-drop actions, you can create professional looking games within very little time.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=muffla;814465][URL="http://www.alice.org"]www.alice.org[/URL]
im taking a beginers programing class in school and this is what we use, its free, sponsord by EA and other people and when 3.0 comes out it will have sims 2 graphics

Ive heard of it but never went to it, thanks this looks pretty nifty.

[quote=ritu;839116]Hi guys,Game programming, a subset of game development, is the programming of computer.If you have this awesome video game idea, and are thinking of creating your own video game. You can use game maker software.Using easy to learn drag-and-drop actions, you can create professional looking games within very little time.

Not sure what you mean here....links please

Posted by Skyway

At my school me and a few of my friend friends r making a cheap rpg game....

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

In our computer tech class, we're messing with Adobe Flash Proffessional, but that's for if you want to make flash games, not actual games. If you are trying to make a flash game, you could probably find a good torrent for Adobe.

Posted by Speedfreak

Lol, alice is awful, we had to use it for the first month of two of my degree to teach us the basics of object-oriented programming. I can't imagine making a game with it.

Posted by Inferno

Agreed. If you really want to make games, don't rely on a software package to do so. You may have a great idea for a game, but you're going to want to write it down because you won't be making it any time soon.

For people who want to make real games: Learn how to actually program first. Go grab a book on C++ or something (I'm not actually sure what language game developers use the most...) and start there. You're not going to be able to start pumping out a game if you don't know how to program. It takes work a lot of work; Way more than most are willing to put into it. You do need to know how to use image and modeling software but that comes last. Then there are graphics APIs(DirectX, OpenGL) which are even more hell. You're not going to be able to make a decent 3d game right off the bat. Heck, you're not even going to be able to make a decent 2d game. Start small with tetris, pong, pacman, or something similar. And if you like it, stick with it. Then years down the road you might be able to join a team that will do something worthwhile.