Lost Odyssey

Posted by Phantom75230

I just saw the commercial for Lost Odyssey and thought it looked pretty good... at first I thought it was a Final Fantasy XIII commercial but it wasn't.

Anyone know anything about it?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Odyssey

Famitsu gave it 38/40, but then again... They gave Blue Dragon 37. Games with random encounters are so archaic that I could hardly stand to give it a shot.

Posted by Shade

Reserved my copy today. Eight days wooooop

Posted by Borealis

Quoting Phantom75230: At first I thought it was a Final Fantasy XIII commercial but it wasn't.

Anyone know anything about it?

A portion of the Final Fantasy's key designers are in on Lost Odyssey, including Hironobu Sakaguchi himself, if I'm not mistaken.

As for me playing it, I highly doubt I would. I'll have to agree with The X; random battle encounters have never been my cup for as long as I could remember. I mean, I try to enjoy it, but I can't think of anything besides Pok

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

X knows what's what, completely agree with him. Random encounters? No thanks. Bad enough that it's essentially a JRPG, does it really have to devolve too?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'm not a fan of random encounters, but I don't hate them. Looks like some of the team that worked on Shadow Hearts is working on this, too. I'll rent it at best.

Posted by Shade

The frequency of random encounters is essentially the same thing as opting to fight every monster you come across in games that allow you to see them (eternal sonata, FFXII). I fight all of them for the EXP anyway, so it's not really a big deal for me.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Really depends on the game. I play RPGs for the storyline, not to fight through endless random battles for exp. Sure, it might be fun for awhile, but it gets old. Really fast.

Posted by Shade

Then don't play games with boring battle systems. Problem solved.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... Which is why she won't be playing Lost Odyssey. It's what caused Nagel to mention the problem in the first place. durrrrrr

Posted by Roger Smith

It must be a big game if it spans across 4 DVD-L disks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

15GB of dialogue and terrible orchestrated music await us!

Posted by Roger Smith

Huzzah.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: It must be a big game if it spans across 4 DVD-L disks.

40 hours apparently.

But yeah, only thing I'm interested in is the story. Unfortunately I don't want to deal with a twenty-year-old combat system that only slightly improves on it by adding team placement and a timed button-press that's been seen in countless other games. Shame, really.

Posted by finalfantasylover

these games are my thing, i love final fantasy rpg turn based games. They are awesome, i just got this game and im hooked, im already on the second disk, but im having troubles, i get to a certain spot and it will not go any further, dont know what it is, but im gonna strangle something if i cant get it to work. Ahhhhhhhhhhh