And The Giants Win!

Posted by Skitzo Control

Honestly, was there anybody in the U.S. watching the Super Bowl that wasn't surprised? No, there couldn't have been. The Patriots had dominated team after team, and then to suddenly lose to New York in the big game? There wasn't a single face in complete shock in the stands, on the field, or at their TV.

New York Giants, Super Bowl XLII, winners.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I hate Brady, so this was a nice change.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

It's funny that the Pats beat them when it didn't matter too much.

No matter which team you were looking for, you have admit that it was an amazing superbowl. I'm glad there was no shutout, one way or another. Keeps you interested all the way till the end.

Posted by Slade

So that's what all the noise was about. I could hear people screaming and yelling through the vents from two stories below me.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I don't get it. Not a fan of football, but as an outsider to the sport I'd think, as a fan, you'd want history to be made. Something that has never happened before finally happen, that being a 19-0 season. Yet, all I kept hearing was people *****ing about the Pats and how desperately they wanted them to lose. Pretty dumb if you ask me, but whatever.

Posted by Linkman

I watched.

I cried.

I moved on.

Posted by Ant

I liked how they were stupid babies and left the field basically before the game was even over.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Eh, Ant, I'm pretty sure only one person left the field before the game was over, and that was Patriots Coach Bill Belichick, with two seconds left on the clock. Sorry, but at that point, the Giants had the ball, the lead, and, thus, the game was over. It's like in baseball when they don't bother playing the bottom of the ninth inning if the team that's going to bat is already in the lead. If a winning team has the ball and there's anything less than two minutes on the play clock, the game is over, 'cause the team can simply take a knee and run out the time. It makes sense to discontinue play at this point, although what Belichick did many people consider very unsporting.

But, come on, as a coach, if your team is undefeated, you'd be pretty upsed if you were beat by a team you had beat earlier in the season, right? Not to mention at the Super Bowl, of all places.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I don't get it. Not a fan of football, but as an outsider to the sport I'd think, as a fan, you'd want history to be made. Something that has never happened before finally happen, that being a 19-0 season. Yet, all I kept hearing was people *****ing about the Pats and how desperately they wanted them to lose. Pretty dumb if you ask me, but whatever.

Watch the Patriot's QB Brady in an interview and it will all make sense. The man had become extremly big headed. When he said stuff like "The NFL isn't really a challenge for me, infact, I don't have anymore challenges", a lot of people felt like it was time for Brady's bubble to be popped.

I thought History was still made though, considering this was such a huge upset.

History's made every year then if you want to look at it that way. Someone always wins the superbowl, there's always some sort of upset, etc etc. But no team has gone undefeated and that's a pretty big deal as a fan, or so I thought. Who cares if someone's ego is inflated? Ten bucks says the majority of them think they're hot **** no matter how they act during interviews.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: History's made every year then if you want to look at it that way. Someone always wins the superbowl, there's always some sort of upset, etc etc. But no team has gone undefeated and that's a pretty big deal as a fan, or so I thought. Who cares if someone's ego is inflated? Ten bucks says the majority of them think they're hot **** no matter how they act during interviews.

Agreed. I wanted The Patriots to go undefeated to see them go 19-0. Although in the end, I wanted to the Giants to win. I wanted the Giants to win because my brother was a fan, and they were the underdog in the game at 2:40 seconds left in the fourth quarter. I have no favorite team, so when I watch a game, I always want the underdog to pull through. I end up being more disappointed than not, but seeing that amazing drive by Eli Manning last night was incredible.

Although the hate that people have for The Patriots is OFTEN unwarranted.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: History's made every year then if you want to look at it that way. Someone always wins the superbowl, there's always some sort of upset, etc etc. But no team has gone undefeated and that's a pretty big deal as a fan, or so I thought. Who cares if someone's ego is inflated? Ten bucks says the majority of them think they're hot **** no matter how they act during interviews.

First time 2 brothers playing as QBs consecutively won the super bowl, so NFL history was still made.

The fact is Brady said he wasn't challenged in the NFL, and from that boasting a lot of people became Brady fans. People who love Brady love Brady's unstoppable image, somthing that he hardly deserves (even he's said this, though he shortly forgets and continues boasting) for having such great recievers to throw to, and O line to block. Truth is Brady has lots of fans, far more than any other QB, and even though there's many factors for the patriot's offence success besides Brady, fans don't really care. I'm amazed of how many people defend Brady's image when there's barely and opposition, this myth that "Everyone hates Brady because they're haters" is just that, a myth. Hell, it's the Brady fans I dislike the most, not so much Brady, though his arrogant remarks did make his defeat sweeter.

Not saying people hate Brady, I don't pay enough attention to know that, but sure as hell seems like everyone wanted the Patriots to lose.

Posted by WillisGreeny

There's three good reasons for that: 1, It's the American underdog fetish that the media loves to hype. 2, people thought it was lil manning's turn to win a super bowl. And 3, Giant's coach proved to the owners he deserves to keep his job (they were about to fire him)

Wanting the Giants to win was circumstancial for most people.

Yeah, I get that. I just think, as a fan, I'd want a 19-0 season. That's about it.

Posted by Arcadios

I was working during the game.
Was going home when I saw black people out in the streets smoking blunts and drinking 40 Cal, screaming like monkeys saying "GIANTS WON"....yea.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Skitzo Control: Eh, Ant, I'm pretty sure only one person left the field before the game was over, and that was Patriots Coach Bill Belichick, with two seconds left on the clock. Sorry, but at that point, the Giants had the ball, the lead, and, thus, the game was over. It's like in baseball when they don't bother playing the bottom of the ninth inning if the team that's going to bat is already in the lead. If a winning team has the ball and there's anything less than two minutes on the play clock, the game is over, 'cause the team can simply take a knee and run out the time. It makes sense to discontinue play at this point, although what Belichick did many people consider very unsporting.

But, come on, as a coach, if your team is undefeated, you'd be pretty upsed if you were beat by a team you had beat earlier in the season, right? Not to mention at the Super Bowl, of all places.

Except all of his players and AC's stayed on the field, and as the head coach, it's just **** babyish and disrespectful to leave the field while there's still time on the clock. And oh yeah there's all the post-game stuff that his players and AC's also stayed on the field for while he was in the locker room having a fit and chocking back tears.

And Vamp, pretty much everybody (except Linkman, apparently) wanted them to lose. And it's not just Brady who's a cocky *** in interviews, it's the whole team, then there's the whole matter of them spying on other team's practices, so on and so forth. Nobody likes the Pats. As a fan, if a team that you hate breaks the record, you'd be kinda ticked, I'd think.

Anyway, there's already been an undefeated season (sup dolphins). Two extra games gets trumped by dislike every time.

Posted by Borealis

Quite! Both maian and I agree that there was definitely some ruckus during the Superbowl on the TV as we listened to Brawl music.

No, I actually did watch. I was suprised, blah blah blah

Quoted post: As a fan, if a team that you hate breaks the record, you'd be kinda ticked, I'd think.

Not me. I watch a lot of hockey and never have that problem. I can appreciate a person or team who smashes a record, even if I don't like them or they're incredibly cocky. I care more about the sport as a whole than any individual team.

Posted by tina.anderson

There is something admirable about hockey fans that fans of other sports don't really have, and that's being really defensive of their sport and proud of it in a good way. They respect records being broken, great teams, great players and great coaches. Not to say they are all classy, but compared to other sports, hockey fans are a very loyal, committed group who are not as big in number as baseball, basketball or football fans but have just as much if not more passion for their sport. I am not a big fan myself, but I will watch a game every once in a while.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Getting ****ed off at the away team is America's favorite past time.

Posted by Shade

Quoting tina.anderson: There is something admirable about hockey fans that fans of other sports don't really have, and that's being really defensive of their sport and proud of it in a good way. They respect records being broken, great teams, great players and great coaches. Not to say they are all classy, but compared to other sports, hockey fans are a very loyal, committed group who are not as big in number as baseball, basketball or football fans but have just as much if not more passion for their sport. I am not a big fan myself, but I will watch a game every once in a while.

RED WINGS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NHL

fix'd

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Shade;814384]Except all of his players and AC's stayed on the field, and as the head coach, it's just **** babyish and disrespectful to leave the field while there's still time on the clock. And oh yeah there's all the post-game stuff that his players and AC's also stayed on the field for while he was in the locker room having a fit and chocking back tears.

And Vamp, pretty much everybody (except Linkman, apparently) wanted them to lose. And it's not just Brady who's a cocky *** in interviews, it's the whole team, then there's the whole matter of them spying on other team's practices, so on and so forth. Nobody likes the Pats. As a fan, if a team that you hate breaks the record, you'd be kinda ticked, I'd think.

Anyway, there's already been an undefeated season (sup dolphins). Two extra games gets trumped by dislike every time.Belichicks actions were very unsportsmanlike, and it labeled him a bad loser, but the guy has put a lot of effort into his team. For all we know, he didn't want to be emasculated on camera, so he went to the locker room, locked himself in the coach's office, and bawled his eyes out over a bottle of JD.

I didn't want the Patriots to lose. You guys are idiots if you think the Patriots are a cocky team. Look at their interviews, for hell's sake. The only arrogant thing that was said was when Buress claimed The Giants would win the Super Bowl 23-17, at which Brady scoffed. And why the hell shouldn't he? They had an average of, what, 36 points per game? That's not cockiness or arrogance, that's just confidence.

In almost every single interview with Patriots players, they all had the same thing to say about the game: whoever plays the best will win. They never said, "We'll play the best, we'll win." They never said, "We have a better team." The entire Patriots team is more humble than most monks, for hell's sake. You only think they're cocky because, looking at how good they played, they had a right to be cocky.

The only reason The Patriots are disliked is because they are a damn good team. Americans are well-known for hating good teams, and that's just the way it is. It happens with every sport, just take a look at how people have felt about the Chicago Bulls, the New York Yankees, Tiger Woods, and on the gaming front, StK/3D/Final Boss. History-making plays, scores, drives, and win/loss records should trump petty dislikes of a team, especially if you dislike just because they're good.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Skitzo Control: Belichicks actions were very unsportsmanlike, and it labeled him a bad loser, but the guy has put a lot of effort into his team. For all we know, he didn't want to be emasculated on camera, so he went to the locker room, locked himself in the coach's office, and bawled his eyes out over a bottle of JD.

agreed.

[quote]
I didn't want the Patriots to lose. You guys are idiots if you think the Patriots are a cocky team. Look at their interviews, for hell's sake. The only arrogant thing that was said was when Buress claimed The Giants would win the Super Bowl 23-17, at which Brady scoffed. And why the hell shouldn't he? They had an average of, what, 36 points per game? That's not cockiness or arrogance, that's just confidence.

"I'm the guy who ate at subway all the time" yet I started banging a super model when the oppurtunity came, even though I got this other lady pregnant. It's this crap that Brady pulls about being so common, yet he's a football player like all the others who've achieved great stats. Actions speak louder than their PR prep, and I wish Brady would admit in a interview he's not so normal, and that his needs to accomplish even more might be ecentric(aka, Brady arrogance). To think that the Patriots are any less arrogant than any other football player is stupid. What was CBS going to do? Smear Brady for what he really is? That would certainly make more football stars come knocking for interviews, amirite?

[quote]

In almost every single interview with Patriots players, they all had the same thing to say about the game: whoever plays the best will win. They never said, "We'll play the best, we'll win." They never said, "We have a better team." The entire Patriots team is more humble than most monks, for hell's sake. You only think they're cocky because, looking at how good they played, they had a right to be cocky.

I like how this has switched from "they're not cocky" to "they have a right to be cocky". So they jerk off to the press, saying everything like a politician.

[quote]
The only reason The Patriots are disliked is because they are a damn good team. Americans are well-known for hating good teams, and that's just the way it is. It happens with every sport, just take a look at how people have felt about the Chicago Bulls, the New York Yankees, Tiger Woods, and on the gaming front, StK/3D/Final Boss. History-making plays, scores, drives, and win/loss records should trump petty dislikes of a team, especially if you dislike just because they're good.

Manning beat Brady! For New York, that's History made.
What people actually care about is their hometeams, and a few great players outside of that. MOST DON'T CARE ABOUT RECORDS, much less, know what they even are. Because of this, America will never favor a team that wins a lot regaurdless of the circumstances. That's American Sports for ya.

Quoted post: There is something admirable about hockey fans that fans of other sports don't really have, and that's being really defensive of their sport and proud of it in a good way. They respect records being broken, great teams, great players and great coaches. Not to say they are all classy, but compared to other sports, hockey fans are a very loyal, committed group who are not as big in number as baseball, basketball or football fans but have just as much if not more passion for their sport. I am not a big fan myself, but I will watch a game every once in a while.

Probably helps is a national identity and not just a sport to Canadians.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=WillisGreeny;814900]"I'm the guy who ate at subway all the time" yet I started banging a super model when the oppurtunity came, even though I got this other lady pregnant. It's this crap that Brady pulls about being so common, yet he's a football player like all the others who've achieved great stats. Actions speak louder than their PR prep, and I wish Brady would admit in a interview he's not so normal, and that his needs to accomplish even more might be ecentric(aka, Brady arrogance). To think that the Patriots are any less arrogant than any other football player is stupid. What was CBS going to do? Smear Brady for what he really is? That would certainly make more football stars come knocking for interviews, amirite?Yeah, that does make him more common. The common guy would dump prego for some fresh vag, so what the **** are you getting at? The fact that the vag happens to be attached to a super model is just a perk. You look at these people and think they have to be extraordinary because they have an extraordiny job, but you fail to realize that they are just as ordinary as you are in their real lives. And, come on, the statement about the Pats being less arrogant than other players is dumb. Have you even followed sports, lately? Have you ever even heard of Terrell Owens?

And what is this crap about Brady's need to accomplish more? Where the hell did that come from? Brady gets paid millions of dollars to do what he does well: play football. Do you really think that he sits in his house, saying, "Man, I need to win the Super Bowl! New England will stop paying me $10 million a year if I don't." No, idiot, he wants to win 'cause it's a ****ing awesome feeling to win. That feeling of loss sucks when you're a competitor, especially when you're considered the best quarterback that plays the game.
[quote=WillisGreeny;814900]I like how this has switched from "they're not cocky" to "they have a right to be cocky". So they jerk off to the press, saying everything like a politician.I wasn't trying to say they had a right to be cocky, but COME ON! What the hell would you have said to that? Also, that was just one minor incident where Brady had a right to feel as he did about the game. To try to blow it completely out of proportion and believe that the Pats have thought like that all season about every single game is simply ridiculous. And to truly call that "cockiness" is a huge overstatement! He was stating facts, and the fact was that the Patriots scored an average of 38.6 points a game and Plax dissed them when he didn't even think they'd score half of what they had all ****ing season long.

Plaxico Buress's statement about beating the Patriots 23-17 was the most cocky thing any player said during the entire post-season, so why in the **** did everybody hate on the Patriots for their one minor moment of pride when Plax was running his mouth?
[quote=WillisGreeny;814900]Manning beat Brady! For New York, that's History made.
What people actually care about is their hometeams, and a few great players outside of that. MOST DON'T CARE ABOUT RECORDS, much less, know what they even are. Because of this, America will never favor a team that wins a lot regaurdless of the circumstances. That's American Sports for ya.
And how in the hell can you compare the upset of New York over New England to New England having a perfect season? Giants>Patriots will be in the record books forever, sure, but if you are like how you claim most sports fans are (most sports fans aren't that way, but more on that later), in less than three years, you along with thousands if not millions of other people will have already forgotten who even ****ing won Super Bowl XLII.

HOLY HELL! So many more fans care about records than those that don't. Just take a look at the huge following of Fantasy Football! It's the most played "sport" in the U.S., a "sport" based entirely on... what? RECORDS! Tom Brady threw a record amount of touchdown passes this season, thus meaning every single fat former jock who "would have gone pro if not for his knee injury" that gets first-round pick in their little circle jerk will take Tom Brady as fast as any of us common guys would take his girlfriend's mouth on our cocks.

Posted by WillisGreeny

eeck, loooong retailiation.

How can Brady be common when he's able to date a super model? And speak for yourself about what you would or wouldn't do if you had the opportunity, because we're obviously different people.

How can there be some people who don't like Brady, and at the same time care about the records? When did every fan play Fantasy Football?

I'm a common person, but I can't get a super model gf. Though if I did have the chance, I probably still wouldn't take it. It follows my character of never drinking, never smoking marijane, following the rules, exc. I'm boring, and it maybe my fault, but it also means their are exceptions in life. For me, I can not like Brady because I'm such a square. Only an arrogant person would think the way they are is how most people are.

Problem with you is you think everyone who dissagress with you is an idiot. And you also beileve everyone feels the same way you do, and would also think everyone who dissagrees with them is an idiot. I don't think you're an idiot, I just don't like Brady fans...ehem...

Quoted post: How can Brady be common when he's able to date a super model?

He's able to date her because he's famous and makes a ****ton of money. Haven't read the argument, just this, but you can still be common, or that typical "every-day-man," while being a well-known "celebrity" and having a multi-million dollar contract.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Maybe that's my real problem. Brady being such a common ****-head jock could be what's driving me to hate fans who like him.

I don't know if he actually is, mind you.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=WillisGreeny;815390]Problem with you is you think everyone who dissagress with you is an idiot. And you also beileve everyone feels the same way you do, and would also think everyone who dissagrees with them is an idiot. I don't think you're an idiot, I just don't like Brady fans...ehem...I think you're an idiot on this subject for disagreeing with me because Brady has never shown himself to be an arrogant jerk. There aren't times he says anything like, "I'm the best, my stats prove it." The guy has never been T.O., if you see what I mean. I don't feel that Brady is arrogant because he's never shown to me he is arrogant. But prove me wrong! I'm open-minded, I'm not stubborn, so show me when he's been arrogant.

In an interview with All Access, he said, "As a team, each year, you set out with expectation. We set our goals pretty high around here. I think we've done plenty of good things over the course of these first 9 games. Being in my 8th year, I realize the most important games are the ones you're about to play. You really need to make improvements over the course of these next 7 weeks, or else you're not going to be able to fulfill the expectations you set earlier. I'm proud that we're 9-0, but I also realize it doesn't mean a **** thing. We have got to continue to get better." How's that for arrogance? Having the dominant record in the NFL at the time and the guy still believes there are things that can be fixed.

I've never thought people feel the same way I do. If I did, I'm in the wrong for arguing for Brady, no? I only call them like I see them, and I see Brady staying rather humble despite his excellent QB rating and yards gained every game. I'm not even a Brady fan! I'm a Bears fan! But I know football, and I know that you can't properly judge a person to be arrogant when he has yet to show any sign of arrogance.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Now, I think you're an idiot on the subject that the reasons you choose to think he's not arrogant are from all his arificially well-polished interviews. Man, I wonder who you're going to be voting for... Brady would have to say flat out "I'm an arrogant *******" for you to consider it, wouldn't he. The truth is you're arguing that People hate Brady for no reason. I already mentioned the quote and the interview. I already mentioned my distaste for Brady is more directed at his fans. I've already said what I wanted to say. Defend Brady's name to the death if you must, but not everyone who dislikes him are the same.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=WillisGreeny;815428]Now, I think you're an idiot on the subject that the reasons you choose to think he's not arrogant are from all his arificially well-polished interviews.What the hell do we have to go by, other than what you see on T.V.? Since all you have to go by are his interviews, which go fine, that's all you have to judge the man, and thus making it nearly impossible to properly judge the guy. I'm not saying I'm a fan of his, I'm just somebody who sees the guy and realizes you have no reason to call him an arrogant jerk because YOU DON'T ****ING KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM.

Again, I'm not a Brady fan, I'm a Bears fan. :)

Posted by WillisGreeny

Lines: "The NFL is not a challeng for me anymore"
"I don't think the NFL is the last stop for me"
"“I hate myself for not winning the ESPY this year, and I hate Peyton Manning for taking it from me,” said Brady. “But this kind of thing only strengthens my resolve. I am a man on a mission now. The past few years, I admit, I just haven’t been focused. But this has been a real wake up call for me. Next year—mark my words—I will be standing at that podium, tears in my eyes, clutching that ESPY above my head for everyone to see. Then all those Super Bowl championships will finally pay off."

I see this as arrogance while others may see it as confidence. It's that "unbeatable" additude, which can go either way. Reguardless, I knew about these lines BEFORE making up my mind, as I've said. So all this bull **** you've said about me "don't know him" crap applies more-so for you towards me. I did look into Brady before basing my opinion. And my opinion (sorry to say) is just as valid as your defence for Brady.

The first quote is really the only arrogant quote. The others, especially the last, is just as you said, confidence, setting himself a goal. There's just more blunt passion to his words than you'd typically expect, but he's a football player, not a poet.

Posted by Shade

[quote]HOLY HELL! So many more fans care about records than those that don't. Just take a look at the huge following of Fantasy Football! It's the most played "sport" in the U.S., a "sport" based entirely on... what? RECORDS!

I would just like to point out that fantasy football is scored based on stats, not records. The player doesn't need to break a record to get you some points. And it's not even a fake sport. Fake sports include stuff like cheerleading and marching band. Fantasy football is straight up clicking a mouse.

YES THAT IS WHAT I CHOOSE TO FOCUS ON

Posted by Moogs

I won 400 bucks off of this game. I came close to calling it perfect... i was the closest though. I said 20-17 in OT Giants win. But I was excited the Patriots lost because that way my team (Eagles) have a shot at being the undefeated team next to the Dolphins. The Patriots are a hell of a good team, but the Giants out-played them throughout the entire post season and in the big game. I'm an Ole Miss fan so that's the reason i was pulling for the Giants to beat them and not just any team. As soon as word came the Eagles were out of the playoffs.. i cheered them on their last two games against the Saints and Bills and went to cheering for Eli, who pulled out a great drive at the end of the game.

I don't hate the Pats, but I think SOME of their players could be less jerk offs. I mean, Tom Brady laughed when he heard Burress say the Pats will get no more than 17 points. WTF. Apparently Tom Brady has never heard the term On Any Given Sunday. He had no right to laugh just because they avg 30 some odd points a game... because anything can happen in the Super Bowl.

And, no I wouldn't love to see a team caught cheating go 19-0. If you actually love the sport of football then you wouldn't want that.

Posted by Jim Rome

Tom Brady is the man. Have you ever watched him on the sidelines? During games when the Patriots are winning? Have you ever noticed him taking it easy? No. He has the same death stare (stolen from the SG) all game long. He went ballistic on a linement in that 40 point lead over the Redskins. The WRS were joking around and he sits there staring at the field. 100% focus. He is the leader of the most dominant franchise since the Cowboys in the 90's. He drives himself to be perfect. Is he? Hell no. He does make bad decisions here and there. His body does get nicked up during the season. He does come off as a condenceding jerk sometimes to some people.

But lets get real here. Some in this thread was saying something about his great recievers. Wait a second let me check something. Wes Welker was a scrub before coming to NE. Randy Moss, yet he's all universe talent, was getting sucked into oblivion in the Oakland black-hole the past few years. Donte Stallworth wasn't good enough for the Feagles or Aints. They come to the Pats, get with Brady and they run the Pats system to perfection for 15-16 games this year and set all kinds of records. AND REMEMBER THE PAST TEAMS? Let me throw some names out there. David Givins. David Patton. Caldwell. Deion Branch.

What have those guys done after Brady? Jack****. How people can hate on Brady is mind boggling to me. He dates a supermodel HOW DARE HE! He got his old girlfriend preggos HOW DARE HE! He scoffed at Plexiglass's prediction HANG THE MAN! Really, if that's the worst you can come up with, I'm nominating Tom Brady as the greatest living human being in the last 1,460 years.

His life is under a microscope, so of course he's going to give cookie cutter interviews and say the right things. This compliant bugs me. When an athlete says something out of the norm, he gets blasted for being arrogrant and stupid. When he gives the normal status quo company approved response, he gets blasted for being boring and bland and not telling the truth. What do you people want?

Right now, in the NFL, no one has deserved the right to talk more smack than Tom Brady. He could go on TV and say I'm banging the hottest woman on earth, I make more money then you people combined, I own both Boston and New York City, I'm the best thing to enter the league in a long long time now get down on your pasty knees and praise me for my greatness. You know what? You better do it because its the **** truth and he's won that right to be as cocky as he wants.

Is he the best? I don't know. He sure seems to have his team in the hunt. Remember last year? They should have beat the Colts and their best reciever was that bug eyed Caldwell.

You should be glad he acts the way he does. Just think if TO had accomplished what Brady has.

Posted by Shade

[quote]Wes Welker was a scrub before coming to NE.

**** you. Welker's got serious talent without Brady throwing to him.

Posted by The Hate

Eli manning is a scrub

Posted by Jim Rome

HE'S A SMALL FAST WHITE GUY THAT CATCHES SHORT PASSES.

Who had 1 touchdown in his career before Brady.
Who had a total of 96 catches in 4 years before Brady.
Who was Brady's quick check option when Moss was getting double teamed.
Don't act like Welker would be anything special if he wasn't playing in a system that uses what skills he has perfectly.

A lot like Stokely in Indy or AzHakim in STL or MIKE FLURRY last year for the Lions with 98 catches or Troy Brown in 01 who had almost the exact stats.

Posted by Skitzo Control

There are some tremendous players in the Pats uniform, perhaps too many. I honestly think Welker's talent is wasted in New England for the simple fact that Brady has three other choices to throw to, all just as talented as Welker, but Brady just so happens to see the other guys (MOSS!) first.

Posted by Jim Rome

I'm SELLING that.

He looks for MOSS first because he is the one running the dangerous routes that would get them the big play. And I don't think Welker would be very good in that role. Wes did get just 11 yards a catch.

I think the injury to Morris really hurt the Pats more than anyone cared to admit. Maroney came around, but Morris was the straight ahead power runner the Pats missed since getting rid of Dillon.

The real question is next year, WHO YOU GOT?

I think the Colts choked more than anyone this year, and they'll be make with vengence. The Chargers made that turn and are now in the same picture with the Colts and Pats (depending on their health). Pittsburgh got leaped by the Bolts and you got the Browns playing good football so that'll be interesting to watch as well.

Are the Giants the favorites in the East? Why not. It's amazing to think how many rookies made big plays for them in the playoffs. That defense front 7 should be back and Eli is still Eli. He'll go 18-32 for 230 and 2 TDs and the NY media will be calling him the greatest as long as they win.

I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU IT IS YOUR SHOW YOU TAKE IT OVER

Posted by Skitzo Control

I can't wait for Rex Grossman to get his head out of his ass and pull Chicago into another great season. Or, rather, I can't wait for the Bears to have a decent QB along with an decent offensive line.

Posted by Jim Rome

I hate Chicago quarterbacks. I think the last one I liked was Jim Miller before the injury. Then go back to Kramer for that one year. Then there's McMahon.

I mean look at the trash we had to deal with

Tomzack, Harbaugh, Peter Tom Willis, Mirer, McNown, Orton, Grossman, Krieg, Walsh, HUTCHINSON?, Kordell, Matthews, STEVE STENSTROM, Moreno, Chandler, AND CRIAG THE U KRENZEL and Jonathan Quinn the medicine woman

That's why teams should give stud qbs anything they want.

Posted by Jim Rome

And oh...The Jags should do everything in their power to get Chad Johnson.

Posted by Shade

[quote]Don't act like Welker would be anything special if he wasn't playing in a system that uses what skills he has perfectly.

You were originally saying that it was because of Tom Brady, not the system, which is what I was arguing against. And I'll argue against the system, too, since any team could use him as a quick short pass option.

As for my pick, it hasn't changed in years. RAMS ALL THE WAY.

Posted by tina.anderson

I agree, there is nothing more important than getting a franchise quarterback. The Bears need one desperately. If they could even acquire a decent quarterback, they would have a very good team.