How do I perform exactly the SHL (Short-Hopped Laser) with Falco on SSBM?

Posted by CyberSheep

It may be obvious, and I might even know how to do that, and just not knowing it was called like that. Anyway, what do I press/click in order to perform this trick/move?

Thanks in advance... :)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Like it says, short hop. At the peak of your short hop, or highest point, laser. Then Fast fall/jam the joystick down and the laser should be canceled by the landing. Practice it and master it. Its the ultimite spam attack.

Join the site in the sig and find me. I got a falco vid of me executing some things you might be interested in. I'll tell you how to do everything I can or what you want to know ^.^, But through there only.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Or you could try using the Down A air spike real quick. I prefer that one over the short hop laser. To me it's very useful and dirty. Now that I use this technique more my friends hate me when I use Falco, mainly because of that and the fact that when I want the game to end fast I'd throw them off the edge and spike them for a quick win. The most dirty technique to use against my friends for now.:cool:

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Mystic, I remember you from the days of ol. I would like to send you a vid of me playing with falco one day so you can see that the laser is sick. The spike is sick also, but they are both so fast that you can use both intertwined. Together they create a barrier that even jesus can't break if he were real. But yea, you got AIM or MSN? It's like 10 megs tops :D

Posted by Mystic Hero

Yeah, I'd like to see exactly how they are used effectively. Send me the vid via PM if you can. I'm more of a spiker, that move is really dirty, but I think if I can see how the laser is used effectively I may use it more often.

Posted by CyberSheep

Dark Bulb 4.1: Ahhh... That link is down, I don't know... Anyway, I've added you to my MSN Messenger list, OK?

BTW, if I "short-hop", then press "B" in order to perform the "laser"... The laser is cancelled and nothing happens... So, what is it for, anyway? Or am I doing something wrong?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

The cancel "cancels" the animation of the laser. If done wrong though, you want to kill the animation after the laser so you don't have to wait to do it over and over again. The link isn't down, this site just has nazis who play with my sig :).

When you do the jump and laser at the peak and jam the stick down, what you should see is your laser come out and you landing quickly after. Your gun won't retract as if you were on land. A ****load quicker and effective. My 2 cents. I'll PM you later with something.