I won medals at an academic cramming study competition.

Posted by Xenos

[IMG]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd147/Veiraza/Academic%20Decathlon%20February%202nd/DSC01885.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Roger Smith

.....cramming?

Posted by Omni

I'm pretty sure it's related to studying and learning.

Posted by Omni

Oh, and that's pretty cool, Xenos.

Posted by Xenos

Uhh fixed.

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh wow, for a second I thought I missed the word 'academic.' I know I can be airheaded sometimes but holy **** I was worried there for a moment.

But yeah, congrats Xenos.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

you can win medals for studying? Man, I can only imagine what all the white kids were thinking "ugh, of course an asian wins." congrats, buddy.

Posted by Ant

nice sweater.

Posted by Shade

Studying competition? Oh man I would suuuuuck that up. Good job on winning those metals. :)

Posted by Xenos

You basically get three three inch binders, absorb all information, and take a test from 7 AM to 4 AM, and a final exam where you have to answer questions in front an entire audience.
funnn

Posted by Stalolin

that's something I would totally lose at

BUT ****ING AWESOME JOB AT KICKING *** XENOS

Posted by Shade

Quoting Xenos: You basically get three three inch binders, absorb all information, and take a test from 7 AM to 4 AM, and a final exam where you have to answer questions in front an entire audience.
funnn

TWENTY ONE HOURS OF TEST!?

I'd probably kill myself. Or kill everyone else in the room, and then kill myself.

Posted by Xenos

Er, 4 PM. Sorry. I'm tired.

... why on earth would anyone do that to themselves. I don't get it. You won some money or some sort of scholarship, right? Something of value to make it somewhat worth the effort?

Posted by Shade

Did you not see the medals? Such glorious craftsmanship.

couldn't see past the sweatered boobs

Posted by Xenos

I'm only one of two Asian girls in my class that have D/C-ized breasts. :(

And no, I didn't get any money.

That's it then, a medal? fuuuuuck that.

Posted by Xenos

w-waht about the knowledge??

Haha, no. I didn't study when I had to, definitely would never study on my own accord. Then again, reading notes was never how I absorbed information anyways.

Posted by Shade

My studying consists of maybe paying attention in class and then hoping I remember enough for the tests. Notes? lol

Posted by Slade

That probably looks good to some prestigious academy somewhere, right? ...That's what my parents always told me about Knowledge Bowl.

Nice job. What kind of stuff did you have to study?

Posted by Omni

I've just about never studied for anything unless it was mandatory.

Posted by Xenos

Economics, Math, Science, Art History, Writing, Speech, Impromptu, Interview, Essaying, History, and Music. Usually there is a theme that each year abides to, and this year it happened to be the Civil War.

Posted by Dark

Ah, so you really were a girl.

Sorry, I'm about two years behind on the forum's in-jokes.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Oh wow. That's something I may have done in grade school, but not really getting anything out of it? I don't think I'm that dedicated anymore. Unless I stopped playing vidya. Congrats!

Posted by cool gamer dad

I almost did it. If only to compete with Xenos. And lose horribly.

Congratulations. :3

Posted by Borealis

Intense. Congrats.

Posted by Poco

i won thrid at a wrestling tourney at the 160 weight class

i weigh 144 pounds

congrats on knowing civil war stuff, i have to write a paper on grant soon.

Posted by junior senior

lol id fail right out of that competition it's not even funny

Posted by mis0

Quoting Xenos: You basically get three three inch binders, absorb all information, and take a test from 7 AM to 4 AM, and a final exam where you have to answer questions in front an entire audience.
funnn

Wow. That's really impressive, to be able to endure a nine-hour test, in addition to a final, etc. I bet your brain hurts after that!

Posted by Xenos

I didn't do nearly as well as my boyfriend though. The guy got twice the amount of medals that I did. He's better at test taking than me because he has the ability to be more ... zen.

Posted by Iris

Congratulations, Xenos. You bring us non-Asians to shame.

And it's about time you actually got awarded for all your studying. I just hope your awards don't get engulfed by that chest. :cool:

Posted by Xenos

Its not that big. :o

I woulda aced that test if it was lectures. Loooooove lectures.