Kasimasi ~Garu Mitsu Garu~

Posted by Ashen

[quote=Plot@Wikipedia]Kashimashi revolves around the lives of a group of friends in high school and how they cope with the dramatic change of their friend, Hazumu Osaragi, the main character. The story is set in the fictional town of Kashima-shi in Tokyo Prefecture. Hazumu is a timid young man who does not have much confidence in himself and does not have many close friends. One day after school, Hazumu declares his love to Yasuna Kamiizumi, one of his classmates and a close friend, but is summarily rejected, much to his dismay. In a heart broken state, he climbs Mt. Kashima, a tall mountain that overlooks the city in which the story takes place, to find peace among his beloved plants and think on what to do next. After climbing to the summit, Hazumu looks up to the stars and sees a shooting star. Not wanting to waste the chance, Hazumu begins to make a wish on the shooting star, and is surprised to see it still in the sky a few moments later. Little does he know that the star is in fact an alien spacecraft on a crash course heading straight for him. By the time he realizes that something is wrong, it is already too late, and the spacecraft crashes into him, killing him instantly. In order to rectify the accident, the alien in the UFO brings Hazumu back to life, but in the process inadvertently turns him into a female. Afterwards, the plot often revolves around whether Hazumu's new female body changes or does not change her relationships with her friends and loved ones.

Throughout the series, a love triangle emerges between the three female main characters of Hazumu, Yasuna, and Tomari, Hazumu's childhood friend. This mainly consists of the characters unsure whether to act on their feelings due to them being the same sex. Another conflict arises between Yasuna and Tomari who fight for Hazumu's affection while she is still unable to choose between them. The drama that ensues between the three is often quite melodramatic.
Thank you, Wikipedia.

So, yeah, I'm pretty much going force everybody to watch this anime. Mostly because it's my favorite show of all time. And that includes the stuff on US television. I absolutely ADORE it.

It has been released by Media Blasters, with the romanization of "Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~." I don't particularly like to use the English title, mostly because I don't really want to think of it as a yuri/shoujo-ai anime, even though most people would contest that it is. In my opinion, it's a little difficult to tell, since Hazumu was originally a boy, so are the relationships really girl-girl, or are they boy in a girl's body-girl?

This anime's also an unspoken champion of the anime-loving transgender community, as Hazumu gets what we all long for. I think she's a lucky *** *****, but that's just me. :D

I'd post links with images and links to torrents of the subbed version on AnimeSuki if they still exist, but... I tried doing an image, didn't work. So I'm not going to try it.

Check it out when you can though! The music is beautiful, the artwork is astounding (though nothing ground-breaking; it's just really well done and pretty), and the story is top-notch. There's quite a few comedy elements, but, at its core, Kasimasi is a heart-warming (and -wrenching) drama that's sure to charm anyone.

Also, if you've seen it, discuss. :3

Posted by Shade

Hmm, I'm a little iffy about checking it out. But since you're forcing me, I guess I have no choice. :p:

I'll put it on my 'to watch' list after Gurren Lagann and Air.

Posted by Ashen

Oh yes, I failed to mention that the series is finished. It's only twelve episodes with an OVA that serves as a better closing than the final episode of the series.

Posted by Arcadios

Meh, dosen't look so great.
And I'm making Shade watch Gurren Lagann.....MAKING him.
He'll like it....I know it....since it's my favorite anime of all time.

Posted by Shade

A little obsessive, are we? ;)

Posted by Ashen

It looks like it. :O

I guess it's a matter of taste anyways. I avoid things like Gurren Lagann like the plague, mainly because I prefer the more slice-of-life/slightly fantastical anime. I'd probably enjoy Air if I bothered myself to watch it.

Though, seriously, how am I going to force anyone to watch it, eh? :X

Posted by Shade

Skills of persuasion, of course. :)

Watch Kanon, if you haven't already. Sounds it'd be something you'd be into.

Posted by Arcadios

I give out good shows to watch and it makes those people watch more anime I suggest. Shade is one of a few people who I actually suggest animes to.

As for my taste in anime....I'm really, really open to any kind as long as the artwork is good and the plot draws me in. The only anime I've ever dropped out of pure, outrages boredom was Hidamari Sketch.