Do you keep your WiiConnect 24 on?

Posted by Zelda_Guy

So do you?

Posted by ExoXile

Dumb question, really.

If you have a Wii and internet, why the hell wouldn't you?

Posted by Arcadios

Of course.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Quoting ExoXile: Dumb question, really.

If you have a Wii and internet, why the hell wouldn't you?

Because it might over heat

Posted by ExoXile

Well, then I'd get a new one!

Posted by WillisGreeny

or turn it off for one day each month...doi.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Hey Willis do you have a Wii? If so I did not know that???

Posted by Arcadios

Wait....My Wii's never seen a day off and it's always on top of my iO box which is pretty hot. Never over heated.

Posted by Ant

It actually can happen. So I normally do. The only time it isn't is when there's a power outage and I don't turn my Wii on for a few days.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zelda_Guy;812606]Because it might over heat
In standby mode? lol

I have mines on, and that glowing blue slot ****es me off. Can't be assed installing updates most of the time, so I have to look at the glow as I sleep.

Posted by Degeneration

Ever since I read about WiiConnect24 causing overheating, I've kept it off during standby. I only enable it when the console is in use, and that isn't very often.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I honestly can't see it overheating. I leave my 360 on for upwards of twelve hours at a time and that'll generate more heat than the Wii will put out in half a year. I just like darkness when I sleep, and a ****ing big blue light doesn't really work well with that.

Posted by Ant

I just check the messages when I get them :o

Posted by WillisGreeny

Toad has messaged me more than anyone else.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Only person who messages me is Mailtoad.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I bet Mailtoad would kill himself if Wii-mail stopped working.

Posted by ExoXile

I turn it off every once in a while.
But until the guarantee expires I won't think of it too much.

Posted by Speedfreak

Not really. My Wii's standby mode might use very little power but my TV and Freeview box don't, and they're all connected to the same multitap.

Posted by Big Boss

I leave it on. I love when the blue LED flashes after getting a message. Since there are times where I don't use the Wii for a week or more, my Wii glows the entire time... which is cool to look at.

Posted by maian

I turned it off awhile ago due to reports of Wiis crashing after being left on for months. I'm not too worried about it, but I decided it'd be a good idea to turn it off for a little bit after it's been on for weeks and weeks. Of course, it's been off now for at least a couple of months, I guess I haven't really cared enough to turn it back on. Oh well, I suppose I'll do it next time I play. Do love the blue LED.

Posted by skaterzpenguin

Yes, I have my on, because I have internet... This is a weird topic, but w/e. :)

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that about the overheating its not that big of a deal as it happend to me. If you dont turn on WiiConnect 24 for a while then it starts working again.