R4an gaem

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So, my R4 finally came in the mail (9 weeks wait, lol) and I'm looking for good DS games to rock out on. Know I'm gonna get Planet Puzzle League and the third Phoenix Wright, but what would DA recommend me?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Why'd you have to wait so long? Where'd you get it from? And how much was it? I've been thinking about getting one.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Deal Xtreme for

Awesome, I'll go check it out. I've been meaning to play more DS games, and older gen roms. I don't like playing them on the computer.

You should try out Revenant Wings. I've been wondering if it's any good.

gah, the site doesn't look like it's taking any new orders. Guess I'll look for another place.

Posted by Slade

I'm not sure what you've played, or if you'd be into playing RPGs or what, so here's an uninformed list:

Megaman ZX (and Advent)
Sonic Rush (and Adventure)
TAIKO NO TATSUJIN
Worms Open Warfare 2
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Kirby: Canvas Curse
TLoZ: Phantom Hourglass
FFIII
FFXII: Revenant Wings
and maybe Contact

These are mostly games I play on a pretty regular basis, but I've only played Contact for about two hours.

Quoted post: Awesome, I'll go check it out. I've been meaning to play more DS games, and older gen roms.

To play GBA roms, you've gotta get one of these:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967
and then get a program called a '3in1 Tool' that will take GBA roms from your R4 and put them on the cartridge. It takes a while to put each game on there(<5 minutes for a big game), and the cartridge can only hold one at a time. But it works perfectly.

Right now, there are no other emulators that really work right. :( I was hoping for S/NES games and things, but that won't be happening for quite a while.

On the other hand, the PSP has emulators for every system up to and including the Playstation. lame

Posted by Ant

adding onto what salade said:

eba, rub rabbits, phantom hourglass, and yeah...there's more you could get. why limit yourself?

Yeah, I downloaded a whole bunch awhile ago. Really want to try out Luminous Arc, too.

Posted by Slade

I dipped my little feetsies into Luminous Arc, and it seemed like once I got over the fact that the d-pad directions are rotated 90 degrees from what they are in games like FF Tactics Advance, it'd be pretty fun.

edit: also, ouendan. but holy ****, taiko no tatsujin is a must-play. like, if you're having a bad day, just load up that sucker and drum your hardships away

ps: you can even dress up your little drum guy like a puppy

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

pirating games? Too far, pal. I'm reporting you.

We would never do such a thing.

Man, now I reeeeally want one. **** you THE X

Posted by Ant

oh boy, I can't wait to play sum Planet Puzzle League with you, YOU'LL BE MY FIRST FRIEND ON THAT *** **** GAME!

Posted by maian

Days of Ruin. :X

Posted by maian

OPPS I THOUGHT I WAS IN THE SMASH BOARD LOL

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I think my avatar would suggest I already have it.

Posted by Slade

I think I might be, uh, gay... I don't know what to tell my parents though. I mean, remember when I got caught smoking a bowl? Well this will be 10 times worse. I'm actually kinda scared... what do I do...?

Quoted post: I think my avatar would suggest I already have it.

Doubt it.

Posted by Slade

I think that thread he made called "ADVANCE WARS BEST GAME '08" in which he says something like 'i luv this gaem so much its so phun' would suggest that he already has it.

Posted by Ant

well, he made a thread about a ds game in xbox blog. so it's not going to get any attention.

and no, it's actually really good(planetpuzzleleague, that is)

Posted by Slade

Quoting Ant: well, he made a thread about a ds game in xbox blog. so it's not going to get any attention.
doesn't excuse maian for not reading it!
[quote]and no, it's actually really good(planetpuzzleleague, that is)

wow, is it really that ****ty? maybe I should check it out.

Quoted post: I think that thread he made called "ADVANCE WARS BEST GAME '08" in which he says something like 'i luv this gaem so much its so phun' would suggest that he already has it.

Doubt it. Nice try though. I can make up fake threads too. Oh hey guys, did you hear Slade is gay now? Don't believe me? Check the "Hey, guys, I got something to tell you" thread. Nah just kidding, that thread actually exists. You faggot.

k so, where should i get mine from? Reliable site that isn't out of stock, please.

Posted by Slade

I'm pretty sure you'll have to wait until the shortage is over. It comes in waves every so often, so pretty much everywhere is probably out.

Well, I've seen a few places have them in stock. Haven't checked too many, though. But yeah.

Posted by Slade

ur rong im rite the end

ur gay im str8t. maybe.

THE END

Posted by Slade

maybe.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Try ConsoleUP.

Didn't some manufacturer of these recently get busted?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hence the shortages. What exactly can you bust the manufacturers for, though?

Same reason they bust people for installing mod chips or selling modded consoles.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Might as well bust the makers of Action Replays, too.

Completely different. R4 is made to play illegally downloaded games, same with a modchip.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

MULTIMEDIA DEVICE FOR ENJOYING MP3S ETC

NOTHING TO DO WITH ROMS

Which is probably why most people busted for it haven't been prosecuted. Or so I assume. They can't really prove anything, much like it's fairly difficult to shut down a torrent site.

Posted by Ant

CAN YOU PLAY ONLINE USING A R4?!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yep. Once you load the game, it's pretty much the same as having the real cartridge.

Posted by Ant

THEN?!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... we play Planet Puzzle League.

Posted by Ant

YES, post your **** friend code. Though I'm not going to play now. I need to sleep for about 3 hours. Then school, then work. :D

Quoting The X: Try ConsoleUP.

Oh man. On back-order, plus just the R4 minus a flash card is