Rankings for Smash Brawl

Posted by SupraKing777

Attention Brawlers! Were you as disappointed as I was when you learned there weren't going to be any rankings for Smash Brawl? Well, other fans and I are working hard to fill the void leaving this feature out has created and make online Smash Brothers everything it can be! Smash Brawl Rankings smashbrawlrankings .com has just launched. It'll feature continuous rankings, a directory system for friend codes, live chat, and a forum. Check it out for more details and help us build a great community!

Posted by Linko_16

That's a good idea, but this should probably be in the Smash Brothers forum.

EDIT - There we go, moved. Thanks for cluing us in.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

OH LINKO

it's spam. Just useful for once.

Posted by S

I checked it out, it's actually a nice looking place. I'll feel it out for now, but it has a low population. If it picks up, I think it might be a good tool.

Posted by Iris

I really don't like the ranking idea. If you want to play high ranked people, add them to your friend list, if not, add people who aren't so good. Online rankings are too easily abused and hardly accurate.

Posted by S

Agreed. The only thing I'm gonna use it for is friendly matches. I don't have very many friends with Wiis, unfortunately. Though, I think I'll have quite a few people to shoot the **** with on here.

Posted by Zeta

Rankings ruin everything, especially for the players that can never move on up.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: it's spam. Just useful for once.

Yeah, that's what I thought. "I could delete this for advertising, but I think some people actually would want to know about this."

Posted by SupraKing777

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by posting the heads up about Smash Brawl Rankings - just trying to bring it to people's attention.

I understand the concern about ranked matches taking some fun out of the game, which is, in part, why the friendly matches are being offered.

Also, though, and we haven't said this on the site yet - we will be having multiple ranking boards by area. We feel this accomplishes a number of things. One, in his interview, Sakurai essentially said that everyone trying to climb a single leader board leads to maybe the top 5 being happy, but leaves players that are talented in their local community upset. Well, by having multiple leader boards by area, those talented within a smaller community can still do well. Second, the rankings by area is important for latency concerns. Not everyone will be able to play with everyone else and since rankings should be comparative, it is hard to say who is better!

Posted by maian

I don't have a problem with it. I may check it out once I have Brawl. I don't really have much of a preference, really. I don't care for rankings when it comes to the actual status, but I would like the ability to be able to play with people my own level exclusively, so 80% of the random matches won't just end up as mediocre people.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Online rankings are too easily abused and hardly accurate.

They're more accurate than they're not. You'll rarely run into someone at a high level that doesn't belong there, and even if that's the case, consider them an easy win.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Zeta: Rankings ruin everything, especially for the players that can never move on up.

yeah , but it could be cool to have the option to have it there

Posted by Rikoru

I've always liked to compare myself to other people in rankings