**** guys, i need to boost my self esteem

Posted by Stalolin

how do i accomplish this

and no, compliments won't really help (don't kill yourself included) they make me feel better temporarily, but not permanently

basically the topic of this thread is: why are you happy?

Posted by Roger Smith

I get to make fun of lesser beings such as wackohater and timeskipz. Sometimes The X too.

^ Secret of happiness.

Posted by Iris

Clearly you haven't met the rep function, Stalolin.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Iris;811247]Clearly you haven't met the rep function, Stalolin.

oh hey, i've got GALLONS AND GALLONS of e-self esteem, but in reality i'm just a big whiny baby

unfortunately i'm a huge attention whore and i constantly feel the need to reassure myself that i'm a normal human being just like everyone else

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I have a well paying job with minimal responsibilities. That is why I am happy.

I suggest you stop worrying about life, stop caring what happens, what did happen and what you should do and just let life take you where it wants. That should get rid of your self-esteem issue.

Or get to the bottom of what's causing your low self-esteem and fix it. Not doing what you're passionate about? Start doing it. Feel bad about yourself? Make a plan to improve yourself and follow through with it. If your issues are coming from outside sources, like friends or family, get rid of them or distance yourself from them. Not hard, just takes time and dedication.

Or kill yourself. Simplest solution.

Quoted post: unfortunately i'm a huge attention whore and i constantly feel the need to reassure myself that i'm a normal human being just like everyone else

No one's normal. Faster you realise that the better! All the "normal" people I've met end up beating their wives and kids, cheat on their spouses, are alcoholics, etc etc. It's all just appearances, buddy.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;811253]No one's normal. Faster you realise that the better! All the "normal" people I've met end up beating their wives and kids, cheat on their spouses, are alcoholics, etc etc. It's all just appearances, buddy.
Yeah, norms are normally complete *******s..

Posted by Xero

I have friends, the internet and a job.

As long as I have those 3, I'm a happy soul.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Video Games make me happy. Maybe it's my authority complex, but knowing Mario will always jump when I tell him to is a good feeling. As shallow as that might be, the distraction cheers me up enough to actually take action in the real world.

Posted by ExoXile

Put your penis next to a matchstick, usually makes me feel better.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Is it the way you look? Or just some things about yourself that you don't like?

Or both?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=cats;811866]Is it the way you look? Or just some things about yourself that you don't like?

Or both?

Combination of the two.

but I'm trying to improve, and trying helps me keep going for now.

Until you realise you're not succeeding at anything and a year later you're at the same place you started... then it's just a downward spiral after the crushing realization that nothing you can do will ever improve who you are and you just don't have it in you to care anymore.

Then you'll be happy.

Posted by mis0

Exercise is probably what contributes to my overall happiness. It helps relieve stress. So, unless it's raining or whatever, I usually ride my bike every day. That, and I like machines that go, so playing with my car or bikes and GOING MOAR FASTER makes me cheery.

Posted by Ant

Why am I happy? Well, I really shouldn't be, being as I'm inbetween jobs right now, my social life is about to be ruined with the new job I'm about to be working (graveyard shift sort of ****s me over), I've got almost no money, no girlfriend, and I've listened to ever CD I have at least 100 times and I'm sick of them. I'm out of shape (unhealthy, not actually a bad shape), and I'm always feeling tired.

But I figure that no matter how bad my life gets, it's only going to be that much worse if I care about it. I mean, no, I'm not finding some gay silver lining or anything, nor am I waiting for a light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm just not as concerned with the miserable state of my life as I should be.

EDIT: Haha, oh ****ing lol, I'm on Ant's name. This is Judge.

Posted by Ant

eh, most of that could apply to me. but once again, don't care. it normally hits me like a pile of bricks for about one day, then I seem to just move on for awhile. weird.

Posted by Roger Smith

He's too sexy for his fat.

Btw, thought you had a girlfriend ant ?

Posted by Ant

like, a year ago dood.

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh, where have the times gone? lol

EGGROLE

she's dead to all of us now.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Guaranteed university place in September, my job involves XBOX AND COMPUTERS, and no bills to play. Comfortable relationship with my girlfriend, and I don't have any arch-rivals or nemesises. That is why I'm happy!

Be glad that your VGC name is awesome.

Be glad that, though your life may suck, people on the internet still like you and think you're a great guy.

lol

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=The X;812419]my job involves XBOX

I'm such a ****ing g0d; I pity you X.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting TimeSkipz: *** you life must rock. I long to be you.

For once you say something worth reading.

Posted by Ant

XBOX
XBOX
XBOX

Posted by cool gamer dad

WOAH. Xbox spelled backwards is Xobx.

schobsche

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

This thread has boosted my self-esteem.

Posted by Shade

[quote]why are you happy?

Because I've got my polar fleece lounge pants on and have no responsibilities.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Shade: Because I've got my polar fleece lounge pants on and have no responsibilities.

Huh, I'm wearing fleece pants, too. super cozy

Posted by ExoXile

Fleece shirt and pants, fell asleep like a baby. ^__________^
ON THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK LAP, HECK YEAH.

oh, thought this was da

edit still stands

Posted by Roger Smith

Doesn't seem like a thread that belongs in Wacko.

it belongs here because it was posted here

Posted by Roger Smith

Seems like something Slade would post in DA.

Posted by Slade

That doesn't sound unnatural at all!

I'm starting to get a little less happy because I've already been wearing these fleece pants for a week, and I figure tomorrow for sure they'll smell RLY BAD. guess that means it's laundry day. laundry day makes me unhappy.

Posted by Roger Smith

See, told you guys.