Importing SSBB

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Well im doing it! Is anyone else? If you are, I will play you online! Also when the game comes out in the US will I be able to play with people from the US online or will I have to buy the US version also?

Posted by Roger Smith

....just wait jesus. It's only like...2 months or less away.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Zelda_Guy: Well im doing it! Is anyone else? If you are, I will play you online! Also when the game comes out in the US will I be able to play with people from the US online or will I have to buy the US version also?

Stop acting your age.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had to get a US version aswell... Waiting would be wise.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

yes AND I CANT WAIT SO I HAVE TO IMPORT i will tell you all about it when you have to wait that painful month while im playing it

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Quoting WillisGreeny: Stop acting your age.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had to get a US version aswell... Waiting would be wise.

Well stop acting like your a character from family guy CAUSE YOUR NOT

srry for double post

Posted by WillisGreeny

HEY... You don't know... Shush.

Posted by Malevolence

Importing takes quite a while. Sometimes shipping can be 2 weeks plus, so if it arrives on the average time it should, then you'll only be 2 weeks ahead of everyone else. In my opinion, you should wait. Having the English version will cost you less, be easier to read, and give you less trouble.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zelda_Guy: Well stop acting like your a character from family guy CAUSE YOUR NOT

srry for double post

Quoting WillisGreeny: HEY... You don't know... Shush.

Mmmmmm..you got a nice catch there Willis. Young, confident and headstrong.

Invite him downstairs for some popsicles.

Posted by Zeta

Region locked. Enjoy wasting money on a new Wii.

Also, Wifi in NA probably won't be set up until it's released here.

Posted by maian

Ever heard of a thing called region locks?

You're doing one of two things: Ignorantly ordering a Japanese copy with immense shipping times and fees, thinking that you'll simply be able to play it on your American Wii, or ordering a whole new Japanese Wii and game for even more immense fees, to be two weeks ahead of the game, in which you will inevitably buy another American copy, anyway.

Anyway, in case you didn't know, you do have to have a Japanese Wii, to play Japanese games. Unless of course, you've gotten your Wii modded. But that's a stupid idea as well, because the game's automatic system update will most probably catch it, in which case your Wii will stop functioning completely, unless you spend more money or time to try to download more stuff to prevent the update from being seen, which will only add more hacking that could be easily caught later.

All of that work, for any option is NOT worth it to have a game for three weeks before everybody else in a language you can't read. =/

Gamestop demos are coming in a couple of weeks, anyway.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

2 things

first is i own a jap. wii
second is i live near an asian mall that said they would get some copies in by end of this week

srry im typing on wii

Posted by WillisGreeny

I can see myself getting a Japanese PS3 (more text filled games) for studying purposes, and that would keep its value well after two/three weeks.

Well, if there's a mall and what not, go ahead...hell, it's not my money.

Posted by maian

Well. That changes anything then. >_>

Where exactly do you live, anyway?

Anyway, if that's really true, then props to you! Either way, I'm scouring the internet alive for any leak whatsoever, so I'm going to know about everything in the game within days, as the rest of the community.

However, your location says Canada. You're positive an "Asian mall" would get copies? It's a Japanese release. Seems iffy. If you actually do get it, then I do indeed look forward to hearing how it is.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zelda_Guy: 2 things

first is i own a jap. wii
second is i live near an asian mall that said they would get some copies in by end of this week

srry im typing on wii

I think it's a stupid ****ing idea but whatever.

Posted by Malevolence

I don't believe it considering the age.

Posted by Ant

If I had rich enough parents I'm sure I'd exploit them for it too. lol

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Zelda_Guy: yes AND I CANT WAIT SO I HAVE TO IMPORT i will tell you all about it when you have to wait that painful month while im playing it

Or we could just put you on ignore.

And yes, you can wait. For fuck's sake.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

ok well you guys just shut up if you dont belive me. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The mall is called Pacific Mall (google it) THey import everything for about 5-10 $ more expensive. You can buy the blue DS, you can get japanese games ect.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Oh, I've been to that mall. Wonder if I can actually find a wii there, cause there's ****all in St. Catharines. But yeah, he's right. It's a Chinese mall, so if you can find a copy there why not get it? Especially if you live right near there. Jeez.

Posted by S

I think a better question is: Why the hell do you have a JP Wii?

Probably because he bought it from the Pacific Mall.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Because I like games and I prefer Japanese games over US. I also own a US wii too. The reason why I have a jap. wii is because I was saving up for a computer and then my Mom changed her mind about leting me have a computer so I bought a Japanese Wii instead END OF STORY

Posted by Iris

Yeah, Japanese symbols and voice-overs make the game 100 times better. I can't imagine what it's like playing it in your pathetic english language.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Iris: Yeah, Japanese symbols and voice-overs make the game 100 times better. I can't imagine what it's like playing it in your pathetic english language.

I'll be honest and say that I kind of like the Japanese VO's better than the English. There is just something epic about somebody yelling in a different language. Perhaps it's just because I've watched so much subbed anime.

Although the Japanese symbols are quite the annoyance.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Ya but I've started importing Japanese games to learn Japanese. Its good practice

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Zelda_Guy: Ya but I've started importing Japanese games to learn Japanese. Its good practice

The only real thing you'll learn is what 1 player, or menu, look like in Japanese. You can call it practice, but I'd imagine you need to know at least the basics in order to start putting the pieces together.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Well I meant the reason for me haveing a Japanese Wii, not for getting the Japanese version of Brawl. Im only getting it cause I have a Japanese Wii

Posted by maian

Meh, I don't really see all the hate to Zelda Guy. If I had a Japanese Wii, (whichcould always be useful) and a mall right next to me with fscking Brawl, why not get it?

Posted by Zeta

Because you'd never touch it again after the English one comes out.

Posted by Arcadios

Patience is a virtue.

Posted by maian

idk, $50 without shipping fees, or time for an extra month of gameplay and not sitting there hearing everybody else play it would be worth it for me. I can't even comprehend having Brawl in a store nearby and waiting a month to pay $50. :cookie:

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Zelda_Guy: Ya but I've started importing Japanese games to learn Japanese. Its good practice

Yes, good practise if you've taken classes or have been studying intensively longer than 2 months.

Better off getting a PSP, where some American ported games have put in a Japanese setting. FF1 even has a setting where it's only hiragana, perfect for beginers.

I can't say it's a bad idea to have an imported console, though the PS3 would have been my choice considering RE5, Metal Gear, and FF13 have quite a bit of text-though not for beginers really.

Quoted post: idk, $50 without shipping fees, or time for an extra month of gameplay and not sitting there hearing everybody else play it would be worth it for me. I can't even comprehend having Brawl in a store nearby and waiting a month to pay $50.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, I buy sixty dollar games that only last me two weeks (what's up, Bioshock) and I don't regret that at all. Why not a ****ing massive title that'll keep me happy for over a month?

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Yea but PS3 games arn't region locked so I figured that I didn't need a PS3

Posted by Bebop

If I imported an American copy, played with that and later got the PAL one would I still be able to use the same save file? Surely I will?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

On the same console? What would be the point in the buying the game twice?

To get the PAL translations of course!

Posted by Bebop

If I import it I'd have to sit through that annoying Freeloader start up process everytime. When PAL one comes out I can avoid that. Otherwise I'd be doing it for 6 years.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

There are Freeloaders out for the Wii? fuq yeah.