Amy Winehouse

Posted by Borealis

in a couple [URL="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=510670&in_page_id=1773"]months[/URL], that is.

Posted by Crazy K

I thought she was really dead. Why did you trick me so?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Druggies are gross.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;811052]Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Druggies are gross.

what

oh i see how it

Posted by Borealis

Quoting Crazy K: I thought she was really dead. Why did you trick me so?

what? i didn't trick you mr. i'm too impatient to hover over the link for more than 5 seconds

Quoted post: what

oh i see how it

is? Pot doesn't count. You're safe, buddy.

Posted by Roger Smith

Both are 2 of the ugliest couples I've ever seen.

Posted by Shade

****, you got my hopes up. I thought she was trying to steal Ledger's thunder.

Posted by Omni

The part where the husband talks about his mother calling Amy's father "The Fat Controller" is pretty funny.

I thought she was really dead, too.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Misleading thread name is misleading. I only clicked this so I could tell people that someone I completely don't care about died. Kind of like Heath Ledger.

Don't deny it, most of you did the same.

Posted by Xero

"They try to make me go to rehab
I say no no no"

Posted by David M. Awesome

[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/davidmawesome/outsource/LittleSisterSave.jpg[/IMG]

They try to make me go to rehab. I say NO! NO! NO, NO!

Posted by junior senior

You got my hopes up. :(

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;811052]Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Druggies are gross.

Drugs are gross, period..

Posted by Roger Smith

Flick them needles, pop them veins. OOOHH YEAH STICK IT IN THERE AND RELEASE YOUR FEEL GOOD INTO ME.

Posted by neonmole

Hopefully now that she's in rehab she can maybe get off the drugs for good and sort herself out.

Fat chance.

Posted by Xero

Quoting neonmole: Hopefully now that she's in rehab she can maybe get off the drugs for good and sort herself out.

I see her getting off drugs now for obvious reasons. But will she be able to stay away from those afterwards? Don't think so.

Yeah, drug rehab success rates are like <30% after x months out of the program. Naturally they only tell you the rates after y months when the rate is still >70% because they want you to think that they're actually doing some good.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

she's a sad story. I enjoyed her music.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Why does this thread even exist??

Posted by Xero

idk

Posted by neonmole

But it's not impossible, there are people who can get clean and drug free after having an addiction. For exaple, Fergie out of Black Eyed Peas was addicted to Crystal Meth. That's a terrible drug, it makes people crazy and it makes them age really really fast. Like a 30 year old could look 70!

Posted by Kodachi

Any crack whore obnoxious enough to make a song like Rehab deserves to die.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

Its real sad, she made some really great music. I hope she sobers up and is able to pull through.

I doubt it though.

Did she? I had actually never heard of her before this.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Hyperactive Poster: Its real sad, she made some really great music.

Quoting Mr. Awesome: Did she?

Nah. I listened to Back to Black and it's pretty much bland except for 2-3 songs. Don't waste time listening to this album unless you really like pop (almost soul) music.

Back the Black is mediocre, Frank is a much better album.

I usually dislike Pop very much, but for some reason, not sure if its how she incorporates Jazz and blues into her music, or maybe I just have more of an open mind when I listen to her, but I think she is amazing.

Posted by Xero

I haven't heard "Frank" yet. But if you say that it's much better than Back To Black, then I'll request it and give it a try. :)

I also am picky when it comes to pop music. So far, the only band that really caught my attention is Gorillaz because they're original, silly and they add an electronic to many of their songs.

Posted by Shade

Her music's pretty horrible. Why they gave her 5 Grammy's I'll never know.

What is horrible about her music? Its not poppy, its not repetitive, her vocals are awesome and the lyrics are great. Sure its neither metal or rap, but those aren't the only genres.

Posted by Shade

[quote]Its not poppy

Okay?

[quote]its not repetitive

Yes it is.

[quote]her vocals are awesome

There's a difference between 'awesome' and 'not terrible'.

[quote]and the lyrics are great

Hahaha.

Quoting Shade: Yes it is.

I know it's entirely subjective, but how is she repetitive?

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Hyperactive Poster: Back the Black is mediocre, Frank is a much better album.

I usually dislike Pop very much, but for some reason, not sure if its how she incorporates Jazz and blues into her music, or maybe I just have more of an open mind when I listen to her, but I think she is amazing.

I have yet to really listen to her music, so I am going to download the album and check it out based solely on your claim that it incorporates jazz and blues into the music. I hope I am not disappointed and my expectations are met.

Quoting Philsdad: I have yet to really listen to her music, so I am going to download the album and check it out based solely on your claim that it incorporates jazz and blues into the music. I hope I am not disappointed and my expectations are met.

Lol, she incorporates it more into some then others, my favorite being the third song on Amy Amy Amy(Which has three songs on the track) but yeah, its a great album.

Not a fan of her voice myself, and I actually kinda like that type of music.

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Hyperactive Poster: Lol, she incorporates it more into some then others, my favorite being the third song on Amy Amy Amy(Which has three songs on the track) but yeah, its a great album.

Jeez, I thought she was brand new or something, didn't know she had all this available. I was about to download the "Frank" album since you recommended that one, are there jazzy tracks on that album?

Yeah, a lot her music incorporates jazz. So if that's what you're looking for you'll find it on Frank.

Posted by Omni

[QUOTE=Hyperactive Poster;818993]What is horrible about her music? Its not poppy

Her music is poppy. There's something wrong with your ears if you think otherwise. Pop music isn't automatically bad. There's a difference between good pop music and throwaway pop music.

[quote]
You should be stronger than me,
But instead you're longer than frozen turkey,
Why'd you always put me in control?
All I need is for my man to live up to his role,
Always wanna talk it through- I'm ok,
Always have to comfort you every day,
But that's what I need you to do - are you gay?

Yeah, really amazing lyrics. Wait, no. It rhymes and it's probably really catchy, but it's not really creative or original.

I've only heard one song by her, and even though I don't remember what it sounded like, I know that I didn't really care for it.

Yes, most prefer back to Black(Mainly because of popularity), but Frank is the superior album, and has some jazzy tracks.

[quote]Yeah, really amazing lyrics. Wait, no.

Everyone has a crappy Vs or two.

I refuse to argue music with you though.

Quoted post: There's a difference between good pop music and throwaway pop music.

**** YEAH PIANO POP

Posted by Shade

Quoting Hyperactive Poster:
I refuse to argue music with you though.

Good choice. You'd either lose or kill yourself in frustration.

Oh ***, with Omni? Yeah he would, hahaha.

Posted by Xero

Totally. When it comes to music, Omni knows what she's talking about. ;)

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, according to the laws of VGC.

Elitist fag. [COLOR=dimgray][spoiler]Omni is cleverly a "he".[/spoiler][/COLOR]

Music is music only known otherwise based on opinion.

Music is fact.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Chris: Totally. When it comes to music, Omni knows what she's talking about. ;)

Or stubborn enough to make whoever she's arguing with want to kill themselves. That was more my point, really. :) nah but she's right a lot of the time too

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Hyperactive Poster: and the lyrics are great.

Quoting Kodachi: Any crack whore obnoxious enough to make a song like Rehab deserves to die.

[spoiler]Good lyrics? [/spoiler]

Posted by Ant

You know who I wish was dead? THE Kodachi.

Posted by junior senior

she looked as if she was on ecstasy with her uncontrollable shaking when she was doing her Grammy performance
[youtube=5v5o1oiWOcc]5v5o1oiWOcc[/youtube]

Its a ****ing shame, her voice is all distorted, her body looks like ****..... its just sad.......

Posted by Last Fog

Man this ***** has an obnoxious voice. I'm not talking just about that Grammy performance (which was worse, no doubt), but always. I don't know what people see in her.

And it's interesting how someone can **** themselves up to the point of critical condition, and then when they make a partial recovery are hailed as some kind of hero.

Posted by Xero

I'm not surprise her voice sounds bad. It's live. A lot of artist that performed live sounded much more terrible than on their CD.
As for her body, I actually had a hard time to focus on it because of those 3 hyperactive guys on the side. They were quite distractive...

Posted by Omni

Quoting Chris: I'm not surprise her voice sounds bad. It's live. A lot of artist that performed live sounded much more terrible than on their CD.

Singers who are actually decent can sing passably live. If someone sounds much worse, they're not a good singer. Almost anyone can sing well in-studio, since you have an almost unlimited number of takes to get it right, not to mention how easy it is to filter audio and make it sound better with studio eqipment. You're basically faking it. A live performance shows who's actually good and who's taking advantage of the studio to sound good.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Chris:
As for her body, I actually had a hard time to focus on it because of those 3 hyperactive guys on the side. They were quite distractive...

You didn't miss much.

She sounded horrible.

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

[YOUTUBE=ihFzr8QPfOg]ihFzr8QPfOg[/YOUTUBE]

I'D R4THR HAVS CAT AIDZZZZ! LOL! :-D

She did not always that bad, she has spent the last five years cracked out. Evin in her studio albums, she sounds nothing like she used to.

[quote]Singers who are actually decent can sing passably live. If someone sounds much worse, they're not a good singer. Almost anyone can sing well in-studio, since you have an almost unlimited number of takes to get it right, not to mention how easy it is to filter audio and make it sound better with studio eqipment. You're basically faking it. A live performance shows who's actually good and who's taking advantage of the studio to sound good.

I agree 100%.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

She die yet? Cause of death ski accident

Posted by neonmole

Quoting JUNIOR SENIOR: she looked as if she was on ecstasy with her uncontrollable shaking when she was doing her Grammy performance
[youtube=5v5o1oiWOcc]5v5o1oiWOcc[/youtube]

I think she's on methadone for heroin addiction.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

You guys' elitism is so cute. It really is. I like her throwback sound, it reminds me of some of the stuff you'd hear in a smoke-filled lounge. Sure, she looks gross and was all messy on the grammy's (I imagine going through rehabilitation for a crack addiction [not heroine] can really make it difficult to perform), but I like her sound and think she's pretty talented, if she'd get her **** together. I don't really find joy in the misery of others. I can't comprehend how others do. It's honestly a really weird concept, but I guess it serves some purpose. Carry on.

It's difficult to have sympathy for someone who ****ed up their own life and knew what they were doing.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

but the argument is, instead, how much her music sucks. Agreed, she screwed up her own life, but I hardly think her music is THIS bad

Posted by Xero

Aaron Funk does much better music when he's on a high.

Posted by Borealis

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: but the argument is, instead, how much her music sucks. Agreed, she screwed up her own life, but I hardly think her music is THIS bad

It's not that bad, agreeably -- but I don't listen to any of that 'cause it's downright annoying.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: but the argument is, instead, how much her music sucks. Agreed, she screwed up her own life, but I hardly think her music is THIS bad

It is.

Posted by Omni

I think her voice is pretty annoying and there's nothing original about her music, so yeah, I think it's not very good or really worth hearing, though slightly better than some other music on the radio.

Also, I can't feel bad for someone because they did drugs and almost killed themselves, because I doubt she was forced to do them or had any real emotional problems that drove her to do them out of desperation.

Posted by Speedfreak

I think I'm going to delete this thread because I keep seeing it and hoping she is in fact dead, but then I remember how old this is. I can't take the constant disappointment.

Quoted post: but the argument is, instead, how much her music sucks.

So? Are you saying we aren't allowed to have a negative opinion about music? It's not elitism, you ****. It's just an opinion on music which, like you, we're able to discuss and express.

Quoting Xero: Aaron Funk does much better music when he's on a high.

Most likely a different kind of high, no one can perform good on a downer.

Quoted post: no one can perform good on a downer.

he probably performs better on a downer.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Omni: slightly better than some other music on the radio.

As long as bands like Simple Plan will be playing on the radio, ANYTHING will sound better.

Posted by Kodachi

Should I quote my post on her Rehab song again, which perfectly ties how she sucks as a person and a musician together?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

no, because then I could quote numerous songs by Motley Crue, the Rolling Stones, Elliot Smith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, Niel Young, etc etc with ****ty lyrics about drug use/abuse, yet still were very good. If a song sounds good, the lyrics aren't THAT important. Additionally, I liked "Back in Black" and "Wake up Alone" much more than Rehab, which I thought was trite and boring. She reminds me of a cross between Billie Holiday with a modern shnazzier sound. I'm sure you like music with dumbass lyrics, beloved Kodachi.

Posted by Kodachi

I wasn't saying the song sucked just because the lyrics are bad. I'm saying the lyrics prove that she sucks as a person, and the song is bad in itself. The crappy music loop that plays at my job has had three of her songs on it for the past 5 months and they all sound like she's trying to sing older type blues music, but her lyrics just **** all over the style. Ok, maybe I'm a bit biased because of the bad lyrics, but if you're actually comparing the slight redeeming qualities of her songs to the ones of Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, and Clapton, then I'm just not sure what you're listening to. Tears Dry isn't a terrible sounding song, but the lyrics once again just show what a skank she is. I can't honestly say that I don't dislike some of the lyrics of songs I enjoy but they are bad for other reasons. There aren't actually personality damaging qualities in them. They are sometimes just...lame.
Maybe I'll remember where my argument was, but until then I'll just say that most of her lyrics suck (I haven't heard all of her songs) and the melodies aren't good enough to make up for it in my book.
and she's a skank :(