Finally got a VB

Posted by ozzy68

Hi guys. Just bought a VB from ebay.It is a US model boxed with mario tennis.It is advertised as having a problem vith the screen.only one side working & that is flicking off & on.Found this site while looking for a solution & came across lameboyadvance's great sticky on the subject.Thanks lameboyadvance,i will let you know if this solves the problem.
ozzy68.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Nice I love my Virtual Boy that I bought. I hope you do to! And also Welcome to VGchat!

Posted by David M. Awesome

And then ozzy68 was never heard from again...

Also, should be ozzy69. You know why.

Posted by ozzy68

Thanks Zelda Guy.Never even seen a Virtual Boy in real life.A bit rare here in the UK.Cant wait to get my hands on it.Should be here today or Monday.I hope the problem with the pisplay is as simple as sugested in the forums.
Sorry i seem to have upset you MR Awesome.Due to time difference i have been in bed.
A 68 is like a 69 but i owe her 1.

Posted by David M. Awesome

Upset? Nah, I was just joking around.

Posted by lameboyadvance

It's always great to hear about new people getting VBs! :D

Have you tried the heating method yet? I've heard a lot of positives about it, but also a few people who just couldn't get theirs to work. :(

...I just turned my (primary) VB on after years of non-use, and its got a line through the right screen. Looks like I'll finally have to do some heating too. :(

Posted by ozzy68

Hello again.My Virtualboy turned up today.As advertised one lens has no graphics at all and the other has lines through it.Gonna have a go at sorting it tonight.Keep your fingers crossed for me and i'll let you know how i get on.
Oz.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

geez, all these people having issues...ah.

I have two working virtual boys. I've had them for a couple years now &
they're both still in great condition.

Why would you buy a malfunctioning vb in the first place?
I mean sure you'll get it for a cheap price.
but functioning ones don't cost much.
especially if you're buying just the headset.
i've seen them go for like $10

Posted by ozzy68

Not that cheap over here in the UK.They weren't released here.Ive seen them on ebay for