Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Demo launched today. 1.2GB for maybe... 15 minutes of play.

It's so terrible that I feel kinda depressed reflecting on my playthrough. In terms of graphics and gameplay, it plays like (if not worse than) an original XBox game. Jagged animation, clipping issues... More than once, Nazis were half-in walls or rubble. Hit detection problems on enemies are equally noticeable - one enemy who stood right next to an exploding grenade was unscathed, while his comrade, further away, was blown yards by the blast. Despite going for the realism angle, most of the troops seem to take half a clip to go down. The atmosphere of a super-Nazi invasion is pretty much ruined by the pixellated clouds, and the bombers overhead choose to disappear spontaneously, rather than fly into the horizon. The main character model is far more detailed than anything in the environment.

I had high hopes. Maybe some of it will be touched up in the final release, but it's supposed to be out by April.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Figured as much. This game didn't stand a chance. I liked the idea, but all the gameplay videos I've seen have been pretty lame. This just confirms it.

And it sure as hell won't be any better by launch.

Posted by muffla

from the few screens and summarys ive read it looks like its trying to tap into the resistance theme, if WWII was diffrent. also for some reason i cant download it, it sais the family settings wont allow it but all my settings are as open as it gets, i think it has somthing to dow with the live issues

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Uh, there's so many ****ing games, books, movies, whatever based on alternate history, especially on WWII. Resistance didn't do it first, and, well, Resistance is about ****ty looking aliens.