eat it, whores

Posted by Lord of Spam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petty_Officer_3rd_Class

9 days

Posted by Ant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl

47 days

Posted by Shade

*** I can't wait to play as Meta Knight.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[FONT=Verdana]Personally, I'm more interested in unlocking Snake and trying out the final smashes![/FONT]

Posted by Zeta

I'm a raging homosexual.

Posted by Ant

Sonic looks like a combo machine. As does Metaknight.

Posted by Iris

I want to see all the new modes. I sure hope SSE is at least 3+ hours long.

Posted by Corrupt

I can't ****ing wait to play as Dedede. [/predictable]

Posted by Zeta

Dededes actually probably going to be the first newcomer I try out.

******* his battle theme better make it in.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Gaiden_II_%28Xbox_360%29

69 days

Posted by Lord of Spam

holy ****, from real accomplishment to who ****ing cares in just one post

thanks gais:(

Posted by Zeta

np[spoiler]but seriously, congrats[/spoiler].

Quoted post: holy ****, from real accomplishment to who ****ing cares in just one post

No. It's "holy ****, from who ****ing cares, to AWESOME SMASH BROS in just one post"

Posted by Ant

the first thing I thought of when I thought of countdowns was smash. logic get.

as for the SSE, I could see it being about 5 hours maybe. Though later on after being pro about one to two hours.

Too long. Still sticking with the Portal timeframe. 1-3 hours.

oh, btw, los, how long until you become Master Chief Halo?

Posted by mis0

so LoS, how many horsepowerz does your new rank add?

how many experience points until your next rank?*

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Zeta: I'm a raging homosexual.

It's very rare when someone completely mirrors my exact thoughts about them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;809540][URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Gaiden_II_%28Xbox_360%29[/URL]

69 days

Released April 1st, 2008? This had better not be some kind of sick Itagaki joke.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Too long. Still sticking with the Portal timeframe. 1-3 hours.

oh, btw, los, how long until you become Master Chief Halo?

shortest time possible to master chief is 12 years. im shooting for 15.

Quoting mis0: so LoS, how many horsepowerz does your new rank add?

well, since ill be operating/maintaining engines that generate 30k hp and 1,000,000 ft-lb torque, i'd say about 30k.

my engines >urs :)

Posted by mis0

one million ft-lbs of torque makes any job awesome. obligatory question: assuming these are IC, anyway, pushrodz or overhead camz? ;)

Posted by Ant

so about brawl. hopefully the update tonight will end the week well, and make up for the crappy one received last night.

Quoted post: shortest time possible to master chief is 12 years. im shooting for 15.

Wait, really? ****, that's a pretty long time.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Its the absolute highest enlisted rank in the united states navy. they dont just hadn that **** out.

Also, they arent IC. they use steam flowing through some turbines which I cant talk about lol.

also, slightly drunk atm.

Quoted post: Its the absolute highest enlisted rank in the united states navy. they dont just hadn that **** out.

oh, whatever. Didn't think it was that high. Obviously fairly high up, just not THAT high.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Are you happy staying as an enlisted over officer, LoS?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Lord of Spam: Also, they arent IC. they use steam flowing through some turbines which I cant talk about lol.

Yeah i forgot you work with reactors, and obviously reactors can power that kinda of stuff. Off the top of my head, the only conventional engines I could think of that go over the 1m ft-lbs of torque mark are the xbox-hueg Wartsila diesels. This picture is perfect perspective, as that's one ****ing big crankshaft:

[IMG]http://i25.tinypic.com/wks9iu.jpg[/IMG]

The 14 cylinder turbo makes 109,000bhp and 5,600,000ft-lbs of torque. Good timez.

Congrats on the promotion, btw. :)

so, about that smash bros. looks good

Posted by mis0

It better be after being pushed back so much. I'm looking forward to my friend buying it so I can play it.

Posted by The Judge

You too, eh? I like your style. Let's be friends.

Posted by mis0

well, i've decided that the PS3 is what I want, and that means no Wii, and no 360. Between Grand Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Unreal Tournament, and COD4, I'm pretty much sold on the PS3. That, and my best friends have PS3's, so that's a bonus for online.

Quoted post: well, i've decided that the PS3 is what I want, and that means no Wii, and no 360. Between Grand Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Unreal Tournament, and COD4, I'm pretty much sold on the PS3.

GT5: ****ty car racan
MGS4: gonna be on the 360
UT3: Lame shootan that not even PCfags care about, no one playing it on the PS3
CoD4: way better on the 360

Posted by Zeta

This gen sucks.

Pretty good generation so far if I do say so myself.

BUT IT'S NO 16-BIT GEN IS IT HAHAHAHA

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: GT5: ****ty car racan
MGS4: gonna be on the 360
UT3: Lame shootan that not even PCfags care about, no one playing it on the PS3
CoD4: way better on the 360

Woah, don't you talk about my drivan like that vamp. not cool. I'll let you insult the rest, but Gran Turismo is THE REAL DRIVAN SIMULATOR ****it!

Posted by WillisGreeny

skip this post, read below

which makes it ****. Looks nice, but drivan sims suck. I'll stick with my burnout.

Posted by mis0

Drivan sims necessitate a steering wheel, shifter, and pedals, really. I probably wouldn't like Gran Turismo as much if I were playing it with a controller. Part of the reason why is with the steering wheel, you can feel the wheels break traction, and when you're trying to drive at the limit, this semi-realistic input is helpful.

I imagine the other reason people don't like them is the applications of actual driving techniques, like driving into the apex of turns, etc. That, and Gran Turismo has the major car nerd aspect as well. On most of my cars, I've gone in and fine tuned the suspension, transmission, braking disribution, etc, to get optimal handling.

Drivan isn't for the weak.

Posted by Ant

drivans are as dead as platformers. all hail our glorious shootan masters.

Posted by Slade

When I play GT I aaalmost enjoy it. Like, I'm really close to enjoying it, and then I get bored and lose ten races in a row and then hate. everything. Multi-player rally was really the only fun part of the game for me.

Quoted post: On most of my cars, I've gone in and fine tuned the suspension, transmission, braking disribution, etc, to get optimal handling.

yeah, sometimes I'd change it to economy tires with no traction and pull cookies on the side of the track.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;810095]drivans are as dead as platformers. all hail our glorious shootan masters.
80s: platforman
90s: fightan
00s: shootan
10s: ???

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting WillisGreeny: Are you happy staying as an enlisted over officer, LoS?

If I stay in for more than 10 years ill probably try to go either warrant officer or limited duty officer. Not sure.

Drivan sims suck because they're not fun. I don't want a simulation of the real world in my video games, personally. Otherwise I'd just go drive around the city.

Quoted post: 10s: ???

More games like the Crossing and Left4Dead. ie: multi-single mixed games. Though still largely shootan for awhile. Calling it now.

Posted by Ant

I should freeze myself for the next few years then.

Nintendo will still be doing their **** though, so don't worry. You still got your minigames and PSP ports.

Posted by Ant

you know, the only ****ty wii game I really don't care for is Elbits. All the others I think of as pretty decent games. Oh, and wiiplay, but wiiplay doesn't count since I wanted it for the controller.

Yeah I know. I'm excluding Nintendo, because their games are pretty great.

Posted by Maniac

Quoting Ant: you know, the only ****ty wii game I really don't care for is Elbits. All the others I think of as pretty decent games. Oh, and wiiplay, but wiiplay doesn't count since I wanted it for the controller.

Wiiplay is actually pretty fun, IMO. Of course, that's only because of the tank game.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I wonder if someone at Konami muttered "Castlevania's Nintendo's past, Elbits is the future", and I wonder if they've been fired yet.

Posted by Ant

Huh, it is pretty sad how the only 3rd party game I have on Wii is Umbrella Chronicles.

Quoted post: I wonder if someone at Konami muttered "Castlevania's Nintendo's past, Elbits is the future", and I wonder if they've been fired yet.

The DS is still part of Nintendo.

Posted by Ant

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The DS is still part of Nintendo.

Elbits is on the Wii. Konami announced the Wii wouldn't have Castlevania.

There was a Context thing going.

There hasn't been a Castlevania on a Nintendo home-console since the N64, and since then all 3D titles have been either average or terrible. So it makes sense.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I rather have an average Castlevania game than Elbits. It's not so much that they took out Castlevania, but that they replaced it with something just as bad/worse.

Posted by Ant

since when did elbits officially replace castlevania as the new nintendo series?

Posted by WillisGreeny

When they said they wouldn't make a Castlevania game for the Wii and then released Elebits, that's when. I say this because I consider the Wii as Nintendo's main console, so it's a bigger representation of Nintendo than the DS. So Konami replaced Castlevania being the main console game focus to Elebits being the main console focus. Just go to Konami America's website and look at what they put up on the Wii section. A bunch of Elebits stuff. Seems like they're hints to me.

Quoted post: so it's a bigger representation of Nintendo than the DS

I'd say it's the other way around for now.

Plus, I'd rather not have a CV game on the Wii. Not only do they typically play like **** in 3D, but on the Wii it'll look like garbage. Either way, what do you expect? Nintendo wanted games that could show off its hardware, namely the wiimote, Castlevania is not a title suited for such things. It can barely handle a touch-screen let alone full-blown motion controls.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Waggle with vigor to use the whip.

Posted by WillisGreeny

idk, maybe it's the demographic I dislike. Instead of making something worth replacing Castlevania on the Wii, it's Elebits, a completely different demographic. They didn't make a Wii game for me, the CV gamer Demographic.

lol at touch-screen Konami slam.

Posted by Lord of Spam

this time tomorow, barring me somehow failing comp, i'll have finished everything required to become mm3. after that its just waiting until friday to officially become one. :cool2:

Posted by Ant

Quoting WillisGreeny: idk, maybe it's the demographic I dislike. Instead of making something worth replacing Castlevania on the Wii, it's Elebits, a completely different demographic. They didn't make a Wii game for me, the CV gamer Demographic.

lol at touch-screen Konami slam.

IT'S NOT REPLACING ****. ****.

Quoted post: idk, maybe it's the demographic I dislike. Instead of making something worth replacing Castlevania on the Wii, it's Elebits, a completely different demographic. They didn't make a Wii game for me, the CV gamer Demographic.

Spoilers: The Wii wasn't made with your demographic in mind.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Only Wii demographics are:

- people who liked melee
- babies
- girls

THAT'S PRETTY MUCH 90% OF THE PLANET

Old people. Don't forget old people.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Spoilers: The Wii wasn't made with your demographic in mind.

If Capcom can make Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles then Konami can make a game suiting my demographic, too.

They can, no one said they couldn't, but again, Elebits was basically a launch game (within the launch window.) A period where CV probably wasn't what Nintendo wanted or what Konami wanted to try.