Broad fears

Posted by Bebop

Continuing on from my thread about dreams for a writing piece, I'd much like to hear about your broad fears! By this I don't mean specific things, like spiders or dogs or whatever. Fears that everyone will have or would have had. Like being afraid of the dark or perhaps a monster under the bed. To be honest the more creative and unusual the better. I've got a few down, like fear of the future, death, your past, health, heart break, lonliness. I could certainly use some more suggestions.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm not afraid of anything broad like that, I don't think. Nothing springs to mind.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Today, I got this weird feeling of 'I DONT WANNA GET OLD!!'... My mother works in a children's nursery, and I went in to visit her today. One of the mothers there playing with her baby was younger than me. Scared the hella jeebies out of me.

Apart from that, I don't have any constant fears.

Posted by Xero

The only thing I've always feared is death.

Nothing else comes to my mind.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Chris: The only thing I've always feared is death.

Do ya fear death?

O wai you said yes.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm afraid that american voters will continue to be so horridly short sighted and self serving that they will completely bankrupt the nation.

I'm afraid that when we end up going to war with china over resources, they wont have the horribly outdated equipment they have now.

I'm afraid that people will in general continue to use their brains less and less as technology increases, yet continue to breed more bastard idiot offspring.

Posted by Bebop

Would anyone say people worry more about the future, or the things that hasn't happened in their past? That is to say what is more haunting:regret and mistakes that have happened to you or the unknown future?

Regret and knowing you can't alter the past would be worse than the unknown future which has infinite possibilities.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Who and what I am is a function of what has happened in my past. Since I like who I am at present, I cant say that I regret things that have happened in my past; even the things which were unpleasant at the time have generally had some sort of positive effect.

Posted by Ant

Dopplegangers and ceiling fans.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I fear being just another guy. Being average.

ALSO

My biggest fear is incompetence. In much of what I do, I have to be one of the best. Not just really good. I have to be excellent or I'm not happy with myself.

Quoted post: Dopplegangers and ceiling fans.

Those are pretty broad fears!

Posted by Xenos

I am afraid of another economical depression.

Posted by mis0

I fear that the world will suffer greatly if we largely deplete fossil fuel resources before we develop alternative ways of powering our lifestyles. I fear this very well may occur in my lifetime.

Posted by Malevolence

I fear depression.

I fear Skynet.

I fear Judgement day.

I'm afraid cats has cancer.

fear of cancer is pretty broad I'd say.

Posted by Fate

I fear aging. :(

Posted by Bebop

Do you mean getting old or looking old?

Posted by Pit

heights

Posted by Fate

Quoting Bebop: Do you mean getting old or looking old?

Looking old. I'm pretty crazy about it.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Fate: I fear aging. :(

Oh my ***, FINE LINES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Posted by Sterling

Rejection.

O wai-

Posted by Fate

Quoting mis0: Oh my ***, FINE LINES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

It's a rational fear. I'm not the only one.

Of course I wouldn't expect some understanding around here. That's asking for too much.

kapow

multi-million dollar buisness

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Fate: I fear aging. :(

I don't really fear much, but I definitely fear aging. And death (my own death as well as loved ones).

Actually, yeah, I'm afraid of the ones really close to me dying.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Angelwing: I don't really fear much, but I definitely fear aging. And death (my own death as well as loved ones).

You don't strike me as the fearing-to-look-aged type so much as fearing-to-age-as-in-age=death type. Do you fear looking old or being old?

Posted by Slade

I'm not afraid of getting old, myself, but it's scary to think that when I'm old, all my favorite relatives will be dead. All four of my grandparents(three grandmas, one g-pa) are getting pretty old. I'm afraid of the **** sad times ahead of me.

Quoting Fate: You don't strike me as the fearing-to-look-aged type so much as fearing-to-age-as-in-age=death type. Do you fear looking old or being old?

I fear both, but being old slightly more. Although when I think of looking old, that strikes fear into my heart as well. :( I don't dwell a whole lot on my appearance, but I really enjoy looking young.

Posted by Fate

If that's the case, can you imagine the feelings of someone who does dwell on appearance? :(

Quoted post: I'm not afraid of getting old, myself, but it's scary to think that when I'm old, all my favorite relatives will be dead. All four of my grandparents(three grandmas, one g-pa) are getting pretty old. I'm afraid of the **** sad times ahead of me.

Luckily all my grandparents are dead. Though I'll be hecka upset when my mom dies. Only thing I fear really.

I can't imagine what life would be like without my mom. I don't even want to think about it.

Quoting Fate: If that's the case, can you imagine the feelings of someone who does dwell on appearance? :(

Oh man, I don't even want to know. :( I've been wanting to maintain my appearance a bit better (I really need to do something with my hair, style wise as well as find a good product to make it less frizzy and dry; any suggestions?) but then I'll worry even more!

Posted by David M. Awesome

Zombies have always scared the **** out of me for whatever reason. Less so nowadays as I've been using immersion therapy to try and get over it by playing Resident Evil and watching zombie movies.

I also relate to cats' fear of being average and every day I feel it steadily getting worse.

Speaking of fears I had a dream last night that ended with me getting stabbed in the mother ****ing throat by some Joker-esque psychopath. It was unpleasant.

Also, [quote=Kolo;809913]Rejection.

O wai-

It's even funnier because he's banned.

Quoted post: I can't imagine what life would be like without my mom. I don't even want to think about it.

Yeah, seriously. Total sense of dread whenever I do. Ugh.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I fear that I'm wasting my time doing pointless ****, which can be related to fear of aging or death. That fear of waking up at the age of 30 and realizing my hopes and dreams never happened because I was too ****ing lazy.

Quoted post: That fear of waking up at the age of 30

You're likely going to live another 40-50 years after that. You've got lots of time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, 30 is pretty much when I'd start my exciting adventures. Gotta get university, marriage, and all that other useless **** out of the way first.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're likely going to live another 40-50 years after that. You've got lots of time.

Well, not my hopes and dreams for what I wanted accomplished by 30. I remember a "Friends" episode dealing with this issue.

Posted by Crazy K

I myself don't really fear death, because it's going to come one day and theres no point in caring. I fear more so my parents and relatives dying.

Posted by junior senior

oatmeal

Posted by Speedfreak

Being in situations where I have no control over the outcome.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Speedfreak: Being in situations where I have no control over the outcome.

Adding more to this, being in situations where I had control but didn't realize it in time.