Needs more Baldur's Gate

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Go out and buy both the original and Shadows of Amn (PC). If you can't find them, check out ebay, they're both really cheap. oh man, vgc Baldur's Gate nights? do want

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

probably really easy to download

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Found a copy of the first on eBay for

Sweeeeet

totally worth it

Posted by Slade

Wait, you can play BG online? awesome, I'll go... buy... it.

Posted by Kit

I've still got the Baldur's Gate collection somewhere in my house. I'll see if it works.

Posted by cool gamer dad

No guns?

Posted by Slade

Posted by WillisGreeny

I remember starting BG right after watching the first LotR movie at the cinema. Good memories, awesome series. I liked playing as a monk, though in my head, I was a Jedi. Jedi without a lightsaber is still pretty nice. Also, didn't have to worry about poison, buying new armor, or healing myself.

Posted by cool gamer dad

It's not a game I can see myself enjoying a whole lot, but I'll play if you guys really want to.

Posted by WillisGreeny

It's not that great with multi.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Multi is just the solo game with friends, which slows things down or makes things go too fast depending on how far everyone is in the game. It's annoying trying to follow lvl 20 chars with a lvl 7 char. I guess it's pretty good if everyone starts the game all at the same time, but I rather just play solo. This doesn't mean I won't join a game if you all start one.

Of course it's better going solo, it was meant to. But it's still fun to play with friends.

Only six players at once!

Posted by cool gamer dad

The only multiplayer RPG I will ever enjoy is PSO. Which is pretty sad. Splitscreen with friends only tho pls.

Quoted post: The only multiplayer RPG I will ever enjoy is PSO.

Oblivion 2.

Posted by cool gamer dad

It'd make life worth living again.

Man, gonna be online coop. Me and you, buddy, are going to be all over that come 2011

Hey X, want to do it with me

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Man, gonna be online coop. Me and you, buddy, are going to be all over that come 2011

If I don't die of cancer before then.

You won't. You'll get it sometime after 2015. But we'll all be dead by 2012 anyways.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Nah, I really suspect I have cancer. Gonna get checked.

fuuuuuuuuuck. When are you going to get checked?

dude, if you really think you do, you'd better get it checked asap

Posted by cool gamer dad

Early February! But don't even trip yo!

I'm trippin' dude! That'd suck hard if you did. Though nearly everyone in my family has had it and survived no problem...

Depends on the type of cancer and how far along it is.

I should go to school right away and then research cancer. Although by the time I graduated it wouldn't matter. At least I tried though, right!?

just don't have cancer alright? It'd make both of our lives easier.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah. What worries me is if it is cancer, then I think I'm sorta' ****ed. Because this lump has been in my neck for a couple of years now, and all of my lymph nodes or whatever you call them have been swollen for waaaay too long... and consistently. And I've been getting extremely sharp stomach pains... so even if it isn't anything serious, it's worth going in.

yeah, seriously buddy, dont' get caner. I'd be pretty upset

Posted by cool gamer dad

I hope they give you a ton of drugs if you're gonna die. Man. Drugs... shootan... what a way to go.

dude, don't even talk about it

Oh, so I did a quick search on your symptoms and stomach pain could be related to the swollen lymph nodes. The spleen is part of the lymph and the pain could be caused an enlarged spleen.

See? Doctor Vamp says no cancer. Yay!

well, online doctor says they're related. could be it, could not be it, but it's not half as bad as cancer.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Good. Well, now I don't have to go. But yeah, going asap. Been worrying me. :(

What is the area like? Does it hurt, is it inflamed, is it really hard and unmoveable? Are there other nodes that are swollen?

Posted by cool gamer dad

It's just this big, huge movable thing in my neck that doesn't hurt, but feels pretty uncomfortable if you move it around. Thank goodness there's nothing hard and unmovable.

But basically, all of my lymph nodes are swollen. They were like that for about a year before I went to see the doctor the first time about it, and they did blood tests on me and said it was because I had mononucleosis. I explained to him that they've been swollen for a little over a year... so we were going to do a biopsy. But it never happened because of health insurance issues I think.

And I've had this ******* cough for over three years consistently, but my parents are all ALLERGIES LOL. That's partly why I hate this XBL mic I made, because I can't turn it off to cough. That's also why I keep it so far from my face when I talk, because I don't want to cough into the mic!

Hey, mono can cause an enlarged spleen!

Hopefully it's just that. If it's moveable and not hard, that's a good sign.

Posted by cool gamer dad

lol that was like, two years ago.

You do know the virus can lay dormant, right?

It's not cancer. You'd know by now if it was cancer I bet.

Yeah, most likely.

Definitely not cancer.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=cats;809650]It's just this big, huge movable thing in my neck that doesn't hurt, but feels pretty uncomfortable if you move it around. Thank goodness there's nothing hard and unmovable.
Hey, I have something similar to that. Weeeeeeeird. I was told I'd just to leave it alone and it would break down over the years.

Sounds delicious.

it's funny because I was watching TV yesterday and this guy was like "yeah, I got this lump on my lower back and I was like '**** **** **** it's cancer I'm dead' and I go to the doctor and he's like 'haha, it's just a fat deposit'"

You have fat on your neck. fatty. that's all it is.

Haha, I was thinking about that, actually. You know all those old dogs that come in for grooming and I find moveable lumps on them? I ask my boss wtf it is, and she's all 'it's just a fatty deposit'. and I'm all 'lol just like the one cats has, right'

chubby kitty

Posted by cool gamer dad

haha, no. It's a giant lymph node.

And my dad had one of those on his back. Had to have it removed. He has a GIANT scar to prove it.

nah, it's fat. fatty.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I HATE MYSELF

cause you're fat.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I have pretty in-shape arms and legs, but a little round belly. How peculiar.

haha, you guys are so chubby

Quoted post: I have pretty in-shape arms and legs, but a little round belly. How peculiar.

You are truly an xbot. welcome, brother

Posted by cool gamer dad

You can pretty much wrap your hand around any part of my arm.

jesus, get more chubby

although you could probably do that to me, too. Hell, I can almost do it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Currently in the lead for a bid on Baldur's Gate!

Good luck!

Posted by Slade

Shadows of Amn and Throne of Baahl 96.8% downloa- ....BOUGHT.

Heck yeah!

You're gonna love it.

Posted by WillisGreeny

You can easilly spend an hour just reading though all the race/class/attribute stuff at the begining.

Posted by Slade

AWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH

also, watch your tone, buddy. someone might think your words could be taken negatively

Posted by WillisGreeny

My words are inspiration for millions.

Have you tried it yet, Slade?

Posted by Slade

Nope! Probably gonna try it in a few hours. Is the online stuff pretty easy to figure out?

Posted by WillisGreeny

GameSpy Arcade made it pretty easy to do when I was still actively playing.

I've never played BG II online, but the first was easy.

Posted by Slade

I guess if no one's gonna lay it out for me all simple-like, I'll look it up. Tomorrow. Who else is in?

I'll try installing it tonight, and I'll tell you how to do it. I need to clear out some ****, first.

Posted by Kit

Found my Collector's Edition. I'm up for it. I've got 1, Sword Coast, 2 and Throne of Bhaal, but I've never played before.

Posted by Slade

So apparently I got la versione italiana. time to find an english patch, if there is one

Posted by Slade

WELL, I found two different ways I can make the language English(one confirmed).

But I need to know:
1. Where the **** is the 'dialog.tlk' file in the Baldur's Gate II SoA + ToB game? If I can replace the one on my game with the English one(which I found online), then it should be in English. I window's explorer searched for it, then deleted it thinking I would be able to just put the english one in the search window, but it doesn't work that way. So now I don't know where the dialog.tlk file came from

AND

2. How the **** do I compile a whole bunch of files into a .iso file? I have Alcohol 52% and can't figure this out. It's driving me crazy.

So I really only care about the second question right now, because I've had that problem before. Pretty sure I'm just gonna go buy the game since it's like 10 bucks. also pretty sure if i keep trying to convert my ITA version to ENG i'll end up ragequitting life

Just installed it. dialog.tlk is just in the BGII - SoA folder. I could even send you mine if yours doesn't work.

I've never used alcohol, but I've used DVD Decrypter before (not for making ISO's from downloaded games, though). I'm too tired to look now, but I'll try and do it for the Starcraft files I downloaded and see if it works. Let you know tomorrow!

Posted by Ant

Hey, I'm going to go out and buy Baldur's Gate because I know it's totally worth it.

Posted by Slade

Okay, I've put the file where I'm guessing it goes(since I don't have an official "SoA file"). All I need to do now is make it an .iso and mount it. Yeah, let me know if that program works!

Oh no, it's the very first folder. It contains all the folders (cache, characters, data, etc.), plus separate files. Know what I mean? Just stick the dialog.tlk in that very first folder.

Yeah, I'll try that program in a little bit!

Posted by Ant

I haven't had quite enough of my posts being edited to support awesome games like the innovative rainbow 6 or the quirky and enjoyable baldur's gate: shadows of amn.

Posted by Slade

Well, maybe Vamp and Nagel can help you with that

Yeah, I guess I can do that...

Yeah, guess I could, too.

Posted by Ant

I wish I could be as cool as Vamp and Nagel!

I wish I could be a troll like ant!

Posted by Ant

no...you don't. It's a horrible lyfestyle. living under bridges isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Quoting Slade: Okay, I've put the file where I'm guessing it goes(since I don't have an official "SoA file"). All I need to do now is make it an .iso and mount it. Yeah, let me know if that program works!

Ok so, go and download PowerISO (search scrapetorrent) and that should work. You won't even have to put it onto a cd.

Posted by Slade

UPDATE:

I got it in English, using PowerISO, but now I can't get it to play.:( It asks for CD2 when I try to play Shadows of Amn, and it asks for the Expansion Disc when I try to play Throne of Bhaal.

So I have one big .iso that has all the SoA and ToB stuff in it, which doesn't get me past the CD checks. After trying that, I put took out the "CD2" file from the big iso and turned it into it's own little iso. Doesn't work. I put it on a CD, and it still doesn't work. UGH can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Are you mounting it or is it on a cd?

Posted by Slade

I tried CD2 both mounting and on a cd. I haven't put the big iso on a cd since it's 2+ gigs. Now I'm getting the crack for the expansion from another torrent(don't know why it wasn't in mine...) and am gonna see if this works.

I thought if everything was in one big file I'd have no problems. It definitely made installing it easier, but doesn't work for the cd checks, I guess.

edit: "THIS CRACK WILL ONLY WORK WITH THE EUROPEAN VERSION OF THE GAME"

lol

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: probably really easy to download

**** you, buddy

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm mounting your mother onto a CD and burning her ISO.

OOOOOH

Posted by Slade

she would like that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'll catch her smoking MY bowl, if you know what I'm saying.

I don't think she'd see the humour in that. Smoking bowls is serious.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd let her move ME across the country. Eh? Eh? ;)

Posted by Slade

Well, across the state. I guess it's pretty much the size of your country, though.

And I google'd my mom's name hoping for a picture from when she was on some committee or another. Didn't find any, but the first hit was for some reviews she wrote for sheep books.

...What does your mom do?

Posted by Slade

She's been retired for like 8 years. So... I guess she knits, cooks, cleans, keeps sheep, and works the land.

in b4 "I'd let her ________* my __________**."

*knit, cook, clean, keep, or work

**dick, food, house, sheep, or land

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I wouldn't want her to knit, cook, clean, keep, or work MY household!

Oh man, I want sheep. Does she use their wool to knit sweaters for you?

Posted by Slade

Nope, at least not yet. She did say she'd make me some awesome fingerless gloves, though. So far she's just made delicious sheep stew. ;_;

RIP Clark

oh ***

Posted by Slade

Yeah... he was apparently "too hot to handle," and was making all the honeys on the other side of the fence go krazy.