Sin City

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

So tell me...how true is the movie to the comics? Is it worth my $7.50? I am anxious to find out, as it looks pretty good. PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL IT FOR ME THOUGH.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I don't know about true to the comics, but this is the best movie I have ever seen in the entirety of my life

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

My friend has read the comics. He sez: "This comic is one of, if not, THE best comic books ever. Yes, I like it better than Spawn." (On a side note, he is a Spawn freak. He has just about everything Spawn.)

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Im watching it now.

Posted by Kodachi

I saw the movie not too long ago, and it was great. I thought the colors would bother me, but I got over that quickly. I wish I knew what was with the yellow guy, though.

Posted by Dandelion

I have fairly mixed feelings on it. Whereas much of the movie bugged the hell out of me *the pacing, the three practically different stories* it was okay, viewable in my opinion. I wouldn't say it was great or anything, and I have used horrible in several descriptions, it was okay in retrospect.

Posted by Y4kMISFIT

Sin city will rape your soul. It's the manliest movie i've ever seen. I mean, Bruce Willis tears this guys nuts out, Tears them out with his bare hands!! and then he smashed his face in countless times with his fists. It doesn't get any better than that.

Posted by Corrupt

Yes, it was a great movie, and it's definitely worth seeing. I thought the whole grim noir style of the film was a really nice touch, and in some parts, the movie was more of a work of art than anything else. A dark, morbid masterpiece, if you will.

So overall, I would definitely recommend forking over the 9 dollars or so required to buy a ticket to see it at the theatres. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Posted by sniper

Amazing movie. Easily into my top five favorite movies.

Posted by Ant

Yes, this movie kicked *** on many levels. I would rate it buyable on DVD, and if you know me...that's a pretty big compliment in itself.

Posted by pooper_scooper3

probably the best film of 2005 the art was amazing the fact that the characters aren't in the movie that much and u still get attached is amazing. SOOOOOOO GORYYYYY

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

82% true to the comics. And awesome.

(give or take)

Posted by Dexter

Clive Owen's my hero, even when he's a bad guy.

So is anyone excited about the sequel? I have a feeling it'll be superior to the first, in many ways. I hope they keep the same style. I'm sure they will, since it was a great success. Additional characters should be on the way too, which will be interesting.

I'm more excited for 300 than Sin City 2 right now.

Posted by Bebop

Im not bothered about 300. Everyone else seems to have been won over by the trailer but I thought it just looked cheesy.

And Sin City wasn't? Because it's cheesy as hell and the trailers gave a good indication of it.

Posted by Dexter

300 is looking good, but still, it needs more Clive.

Think of the poetry in Sin City. Josh's character was an eloquent win! He needs more screen-time.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I would be willing to buy Sin City. And I dont buy anything that can be pirated.

Posted by Dexter

I got the Sin City DVD for 2 dollars. Good find. I sometimes even wonder if I like it more than Kill Bill.

I got both editions :(

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: And Sin City wasn't? Because it's cheesy as hell and the trailers gave a good indication of it.

I never saw the trailer for Sin City I was thankfully dragged along by some friends of mine.

Either way, the movie itself was incredibly cheesy and it worked to its advantage. Frank Miller knows how to create characters and compelling stories, even with over-the-top action and dialogue.

Posted by Dexter

Robert Rodrigues deserves some of that credit, too. He's done some cheesy material successfully and he's fantastic when it comes to visual appeal. Someone who writes something so cheesy needs such a director to create it appropriately.

Posted by Dexter

Another thing, why was Michael Madsen's performance so terrible? It's way too bad. There has to be a reason.

Because it's a cheesy actor playing an even cheesier part?