GRAW

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The X and I were playing this earlier, and it's pretty fun. We need some more gamertags in the room so we can get achievements, too. Vamp? cats? Who else has this?

We also need to play DA.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WE GOT SOME ACHIEVEMENTS!

52G worth.

:cool:

Oh shoot, to get the co-op achievements, apparently the setting has to be on mission. Anything else and you won't get the achievements.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Fuuuuuck. So, no respawns?!

I think so. Wanna try it again in like, twenty minutes!?

Posted by cool gamer dad

I have tomorrow off, and I just got home from camping where I slept 16 hours both nights. So I'm gonna be up for awhile. Just give me a HOLLA if you'd like to play.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Fuuuuuck. So, no respawns?!

Doubt it. No respawns in GRAW2 anyways

You can set it to respawns, but then you don't get the achievement.

vamp better be on in like, half an hour to play with me and cats

wait, at 11 EST? I'll be there!

yeah, I'm just gonna shower quick!

we can play all night because I don't have to get up early tomorrow, and neither does cats! and you shouldn't either!

awesome! Be on in five minutes.

Posted by cool gamer dad

count me out

what? don't be a baby :(

I'll be on in like, 5 minutes starting now

Posted by cool gamer dad

HECKA gonna be a baby.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

We'll play today instead! I have to get up at 5AM on Tuesday anyway.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Alright so I just had a crazy dream.

This is sorta adding onto the whole "dude trying to steal stuff from my house" thing I think. Anyway, I was in my little mini-house playing video games when I heard something outside. Immediately I thought someone was trying to steal something from the house again. So I crept out the door to get a good view of the area where I thought the noise had originated. And sure enough...

It was Aaron Funk looking through the sliding glass doors from the outside... watching my dad play Halo 3. The first thing that came to mind is that he had been observing my dad for quite some time now, trying to come up with a time he regularly falls asleep so he can sneak in and steal some things from inside.

Of course, I chase him off, and he runs in the direction of his little house next door to mine. I was barefoot at the time, so I could only watch as he disappeared into the night as I yelled "AAARRRRROOOONNNN FUUUUNNNNNNKKKK".

I go inside to tell my dad that he is being watched.

The next night we decided to set a sort of trap for him. We left Halo 3 on for awhile, and then pretended to be asleep. After awhile with not Aaron, I decided to go back outside to the mini-house to play some video games. BUT THEN. I see a shadow moving in the corner of my right eye. He was on the front porch... just sitting there. I rush over to him to punch him in the face, but before I could he stands up and he's all like:

"woah dude, chill. It's cool man."

"oh uh... well come inside, come inside."

We walk in. He wanders around the house like it's his own, so I finally direct him to the kitchen where I would then make coffee. Upon asking him why he'd been wandering around the house, he replies:

"I just wanted someone to play poker with."

At that point I was all "OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH" and "OF COURSE HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID". And then, because I was to lazy to start making it, I told him he could have the coffee that was already in the pot. There was enough for a few cups. I asked him if he minded coffee that was a few hours old, and he was like...

"nah man it's cool."

And then I started to walk out of the kitchen. Then I woke up to the sound of the heater turning on.

So you like Aaron Funk? I should check him out. CRAZY DREAMS

For two nights in a row, I was dreaming non stop. Can't really remember any of them, though.

Quoting The X: We'll play today instead! I have to get up at 5AM on Tuesday anyway.

Sounds good to me! I'll be on in like, a minute.

Posted by cool gamer dad

You should! I think you'd like some stuff off of Rossz csillag alatt sz

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The last dream I had involved me having sex with some girl I used to know... In in the intel room from Team Fortress 2. Deadly ****ing serious.

haha

I've never had a sex dream. Probably had them but they sucked too much to remember.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

They're pretty bad.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Usually for me it's like, RIGHT when I'm about to put it in, the dream ends and I wake up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Subconscious cocktease.

sex dreams are the worst.

guys, lets play graw

nah. just finished playing a bunch of expert guitar hero. Gamed out.

plus, it's graaaaaaaaaw

whatever dude

I'll go play the second mission by myself with no cheats. It'll be great.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Wait. Cheats? Do you still get the achievements?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yep.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'm all over that.

Not even going to bother. Though I like how GRAW2's hard mode is like GRAW's normal mode.

Really? I'll do that one first, then.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

GRAW, even on normal, had a lot of 'WHYYYYYYYYY' moments. The last few missions especially had this tendency to FLIP THE GAMEPLAY UPSIDE DOWN with that stupid 'oops ur crosscom is broke' ****. And dying in one hit.

aw ****. I really want to play it without cheats, but if it's going to be a real unfair little *****...achievements :(

Did you finish it without cheats?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

On normal. On hard, I'm gonna cheat my *** off.

Yeah, I'm still going to try it without cheats on normal, but probably going to cheat on hard, too.

Quoted post: GRAW, even on normal, had a lot of 'WHYYYYYYYYY' moments. The last few missions especially had this tendency to FLIP THE GAMEPLAY UPSIDE DOWN with that stupid 'oops ur crosscom is broke' ****. And dying in one hit.

That's why I liked GRAW2 more. Seemed way more balanced and fun. Plus, I like being able to control my guys directly. That camera system is the greatest invention in the tactics genre.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I use it to stalk Nagel in multiplayer.

Relatedly, I saw GRAW2 today for

Quoted post: I use it to stalk Nagel in multiplayer.

No, no. I mean the one in GRAW2 where you can see full-screen through your comrades' eyes and control them that way. Essentially you never have to move, you can just continually set waypoints and attack orders for your squad using the crosscom. You can do the same for the tank and chopper too, which is awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Holy ****. That would be super useful. The GRAW1 AI is pretty ****ing stupid.

Something similar was supposed to be in Mass Effect too, based on the preview vids. :(

Yeah, you can tell they did it to overcome the AI limitations. Works too, becuse I never once had a problem with the AI. Probably explains why the game was easier too.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BUT SHOOTING GAMES CAN NEVER BE GOOD IF THEY DONT HAVE INNOVATIVE HUMAN-LIKE AI, DONT YOU SEE

Reminds me of when I went for my university induction and met a dude studying for an artificial intelligence PhD. Tried to redesign Red Alert 2 with a 'human' playing style as part of his thesis.

Because that would equate to fun, right? Not every game is made for brilliant AI. What's up, CoD.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Grenades are fun and challenging obstacles.

which reminds me, GRAW grenades are the most useless thing ever. Between the time it takes to get them out, cock them and launch them you're either already dead or you could've kill ten people.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The thing that ticked me off was the reloading in multiplayer GRAW. Crouch? RELOAD CANCELLED. Stand up? RELOAD CANCELLED. Press pretty much any button? ****ing RELOAD CANCELLED

Never really had a problem with that actually... usually because the guns I chose were quick to reload.

[QUOTE=The X;809330]I use it to stalk Nagel in multiplayer.

Relatedly, I saw GRAW2 today for

Yeah, the grenades are ridiculous, and the reloading thing is pretty stupid, although it doesn't usually hinder me. and I'm disabling the drone when we play again. When is next graw night?

Disabling drone for multi or co-op missions? If it's the latter, you better not ****ing disable it

What? Why would I disable for co-op? That would be silly.

idk, wasn't sure if you played multi too often. Would've been weird if you did

Posted by cool gamer dad

I can't operate a drone and shoot people at the same time!

I've only played a few multi games. Weird if I played lots and didn't disable the drone? Or what...

Quoting cats: I can't operate a drone and shoot people at the same time!

Learn how to multitask!

Quoted post: I can't operate a drone and shoot people at the same time!

just prone in a bush and move it

Quoted post: I've only played a few multi games. Weird if I played lots and didn't disable the drone? Or what...

gotta disable it in multi. Would be weird if you disable it for coop though. That's what I meant.

Ohhh

yeah.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Angelwing: Learn how to multitask!

Only in Starcraft. Only.

I MIGHT get it. maybe.

Unless you only play 2 when it's released, in that case I'll probably play neither.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Angelwing: Unless you only play 2 when it's released, in that case I'll probably play neither.

hahaha

You bet I will.

even I'll probably get it.

Well, I guess that solves that problem.

Posted by cool gamer dad

What problem? You're totally getting it, Lisa.

I'll wait until it's like, $20. Only then I'll get it.

it'll be cracked three weeks before it hits shelves. just download it

alright

I'll do the same then we can all play some starcraft and be soundly beat time and again by cats. should be fun!

hey let's be best buds against cats. Maybe we'll have half a chance, then.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Not even.

I'll be crazy good at the game. JUST WATCH

Posted by cool gamer dad

Probably not. You could be great at it, but pretty much everyone that's getting SC2 has been playing for eight years.

Doesn't matter. I'll still kick their ***. It's like how people say Karma is the great FFA Halo 2 player and I just waltz in one day and beat him down.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Nah dude. You didn't beat Karma. You beat Gun Shot. In AR start. On Narrows.

Nah, man. This was a couple years ago in Halo 2. Gun Shot is a chump.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Hahaha. Pretty nice guy. Gave me some nice FFA tips that the other pros were trying to charge you for.