Halo: The Movie

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

This just in: Halo The Movie just went into production. All that I know is that the movie has been in production for a couple months, and will encompass the first and second Halo games. Two unconfirmed lead characters are:

Samuel L Jackson as Captain Johnson
Ed Harris as Captain Keyes

I'll keep you posted as new info comes in.

Posted by Axis

And this just made the series a 100x more crappy.

Posted by Nizmo

I thought Halo was based on Starship Troopers or something.

Anyway, this doesn't come as a surprise. Something this popular has to reel in some serious cash, even if the movie is crappy, they'll get a hell of a lot of audience.

Posted by Linko_16

I'm far from enthusiastic about this, but I'd like to see the part of Master Chief acted out entirely by CG animation.

Posted by Night Owl

I just want to see how everything looks!

Posted by Skitzo Control

We all know what happens, how it happens, and how it will end... I'm sure that even the Halo fans won't waste their time.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Hollwood reall does hate gamers...

I'll see it regardless. But I do hope that it will be good.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: But I do hope that it will be good.

Don't count on it. It's a video game movie, so it's most likely not gonna be good.

Posted by G-Sides

Most video game movies weren't actually all that bad, with the exception of a few. (House of the Dead was horrible, as was the live-action Mario Bros.) Resident Evil was good.

Posted by Dragon X

Quoting G-Sides: Most video game movies weren't actually all that bad, with the exception of a few. (House of the Dead was horrible, as was the live-action Mario Bros.) Resident Evil was good.

Most were. That Final Fantasy Spirits Within movie was garbage!

Posted by brownoystercult

Ah this will probaly suck. With lame special effects and lame looking armor. I may be wrong though.

I would much rather see a GTA: San Andreas movie. Kinda like "Boyz N the Hood." But of course with CJ, Ryder, Smoke, Big Smoke, and crew.

Quoting G-Sides: Most video game movies weren't actually all that bad, with the exception of a few. (House of the Dead was horrible, as was the live-action Mario Bros.) Resident Evil was good.

RE was pretty good. I'm hoping that RE3 will be ok.

Posted by Raptor

Halo deserves this inevitable Hollywood bomb, but Halo certainly doesn't deserve Samuel L. Jackson.

Posted by Dexter

Velvet Nightmare, may I ask where you got this information from? Is it even reliable? Many times material like this gets bought from certain companies or people, like John Woo buying the rights to Metroid, but we never see the film and probably never will. This has happened numerous times in the past. If this Halo film was in production for a couple months already like you mentioned, we would usually see official word about it in places like IMBD.

I just found this:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/567/567654p1.html

Ridley Scott, hardly.

Posted by Xero

I dont know about this, But it suprised be that they were able to create a Halo movie...Like whats the story gonna be about? Probably the same as the game! Then mind as well play the game and you have fun watching the movie!!! Even Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo dont have a movie. I think this will be crappy.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Flame ghost: Like whats the story gonna be about?

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: the movie has been in production for a couple months, and will encompass the first and second Halo games.

Yar.

Quoting Dexter: Velvet Nightmare, may I ask where you got this information from? Is it even reliable? Many times material like this gets bought from certain companies or people, like John Woo buying the rights to Metroid, but we never see the film and probably never will. This has happened numerous times in the past. If this Halo film was in production for a couple months already like you mentioned, we would usually see official word about it in places like IMBD.

I just found this:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/567/567654p1.html

Ridley Scott, hardly.

I haven't looked at the URL yet, so I don't know what it encompasses, but I can tell you where I found my information, which was in Electronic Gaming Monthly, April 2005 edition, I believe. It was in the crawl in the "Press Start" section, as I recall. If you would like it exact, I can go get the issue.

Posted by Crazy K

I dont find video game movies that great. The only good movie that was based on a game was Resident evil 1 and 2. All the rest of the Video Game movies suck in my opinion. So I wont even bother seing Halo because I believe it will suck anyways.

Posted by Bebop

I can imagine the retards queing up for this and still thinking the games are good.

Quoting Bebop: ..queing up

English. Yipee.

And Crazy K, Biohazard wasn't that great.

Posted by Dragon X

Quoting Bebop: I can imagine the retards queing up for this and still thinking the games are good.

What the hell is queing?

Posted by Dagoth Ur

ummm...........

Halo isnt in production, they said new video game movies could open the way for a halo movie.

Sry :(

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Velvet Nightmare]And Crazy K, Biohazard wasn't that great.

What??? What the hell is Biohazard??????

Posted by Pit

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: I haven't looked at the URL yet, so I don't know what it encompasses, but I can tell you where I found my information, which was in Electronic Gaming Monthly, April 2005 edition, I believe. It was in the crawl in the "Press Start" section, as I recall. If you would like it exact, I can go get the issue.

Dude, April 2005. That's the April fools edition. I doubt Samuel L. Jackson would do Halo, it's so farfetched.

Plus, all game movie sucks, especially Resident Evil and Apocalypse.

Posted by Pikamon

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/622/622951p1.html

If you read the above article, you can see that the script is already done, which was striking, and that it's already being looked at by different people. This is amazing news, considering very little information was even revealed before this. Usually, movies are revealed a bit before the script is even started, let alone completed, espescially when the movie is about something this popular.