LoS goes shootan!

Posted by Lord of Spam

So me and a few buddies of mine decided that today we're gonna go get our rifle qualifications today. Long story short, we got sidetracked (by breakfast and getting lost) and ended up getting their too late to qualify, so we decided to mill around and do some practice shooting.

They had this beautiful monster on display:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/postenlist/barret50.jpg[/IMG]
Which some of you might recognize as a Barret .50 cal sniper rifle. price as listed: little over $10,000.

This is me holding an AK47.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/postenlist/losak.jpg[/IMG]
I plan on buying one as soon as possible. I was amazed at how solid and durable it felt, and now I understand why a little kid with an AK is an army in and of himself. Those things will NEVER break.

But the absolute best part? This is the view from the door of the gun shop/range:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/postenlist/gunsnfun.jpg[/IMG]
A gun store and shooting range... right across from a family fun center which had outdoor minigolf and gokarts. *** I love the south.

Posted by Borealis

... shootan irl?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yup.

It was my first time shooting a rifle. I did two sets of 20 rounds. First set I aimed at center mass just to get used to it and got all my shots into the 5 point (max points) zone. Second set I decided to go for that BOOM HEADSHOT. Got all of them except one, which for some reason was like two inches to the left of every other shot. Oh wells. Should get at least sharpshooter next weekend when I go to qual.

Posted by Dexter

Getting the E with a rifle is easier than getting an E with the pistol, right?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Which some of you might recognize as a Barret .50 cal sniper rifle. price as listed: little over $10,000.

Actually, not as much as I expected. Though I like how you can just walk in and buy a .50cal rifle. Awesome.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The rifle has a far longer barrel (duh) which allows you to make finer adjustments with the sites. Plus, its just more accurate due to the fact that the added barrel length imparts more spin to the bullet.

But yeah, there was all sorts of crazy **** in there. I was trying not to be too obviously taking pictures of all their stock or I would have taken a picture of the wall behind the counter. They had uzis (a couple with silencers), mp5s, shotguns of every description imaginable, and tons of scoped rifles that were as tall as I was. GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE. BULLETS DO.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote]trying not to be too obviously taking pictures of all their stock

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/postenlist/losak.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pretty ****ing crazy, really. Like anyone would need an MP5. Lame. Yet awesome.

Posted by Lord of Spam

@X: You see how many guns that is? Still isnt most of their stock. Thats like, not even 1/4. Redneck south loev guns.

you can kinda see the 4 racks of rifles in that pic. to the right side is the aisle with accesories. To the left of that are more racks containing shotguns. To the right of THOSE us a giant count that runs the entire length of the store and then some, filled with handguns of every description. Behind that on the wall is **** that nobody needs but everyone wants: some mortars, some 20mm rounds, various aformentioned machine guns, etc. Good times.

As a side bonus, my shirt now smells like cordite.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Actually, not as much as I expected. Though I like how you can just walk in and buy a .50cal rifle. Awesome.

America :cookie:

Good luck with the qualifications, LoS.

Posted by Stalolin

oh *** LoS, the next time you go throw on some kevlar and grab a bullpup

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Stalolin: oh *** LoS, the next time you go throw on some kevlar and grab a bullpup

I was tempted to start yelling *** LIKE and M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!

Somehow, however, I didnt think that would be a wise idea.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Couldn't be as bad as praising Allah after each shot.