Trailers

Posted by Bebop

Trailers are awesome. Easily one of the best things of the cinema experience.

So lets discuss them. What upcoming trailers have you interested? What are some of your favorite trailers? What trailers do you hate? What trailers are actually better than the film they are advertising?

'Adaptation' is one of my favorite films and I love the trailer. It's not the best trailer ever made but I really like it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0HtZ2M4e_AM

'A Clockwork Orange'. Awesome trailer for an awesome film.

http://www.alltrailers.net/a-clockwork-orange.html

Posted by Tyler Durden

Next biggest load of Kubrick ****, to Eyes Wide Shut..

Posted by Bebop

You dont like A Clockwork Orange or just the trailer?

Posted by Tyler Durden

I hate the movie, it's utter crap.

Adaptation on the other hand, simply fell in love with it.

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;807237]I hate the movie, it's utter crap.

lol k ;-)

[youtube=b9T_XwW71Zk]b9T_XwW71Zk[/youtube]

300 trailer. Not as good as I remember it being actually but seeing it on the big screen for the first time did make me want to see it, even though I wasn't part of the hype.

Posted by S

300 Trailer was a ***send, nothing ever got me that excited. It not only was made of pure awesome, but it had my favorite song as the theme. I mean, come on - it's like they were aiming for me.

Posted by Anti-Muffla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIR9dAZRR0

The Dark Knight trailer is sick! Looks like its going to be awesome.

Posted by maian

Do game trailers count? >_> Because I think the Trailer for MPO is one of the best trailers ever made. :cookie:

Posted by Bebop

No. This is the film board.

Posted by maian

Meh. Trailers of all kind are cinematic, I think they could count. Anyway, I'm too lazy to think of my favorite trailers, but I'm a huge fan of trailers. I believe one of my favorite trailers was The Two Towers one.

Posted by malika

Good ,thanks for it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Can't think of my favourite, but often the trailers at the beginning of a film are the best part of the whole experience. Sad, but true.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

Quoting Tyler Durden: I hate the movie, it's utter crap.

I agree, I didn't see the movie until recently and I was expecting something revolutionary from all the things I heard about it. I guess for its time it was just that, but I myself though it was crap.

Posted by Zeta

[youtube=NXmiGr2Z28c]NXmiGr2Z28c[/youtube]

Sh... shut up. >_>;

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

That was actually a pretty good trailer.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Hyperactive Poster: I agree, I didn't see the movie until recently and I was expecting something revolutionary from all the things I heard about it. I guess for its time it was just that, but I myself though it was crap.

I wouldn't call it crap or anything, but yeah, Clockwork Orange was a disappointment to me after hearing so much about it, especially when you compare it to other Kubrick films.

Posted by Shin-Ra

My only issues with trailers are that they have the capacity to make crappy movies look good. On the other hand, I've seen plenty of good movies with bad or misleading trailers. I mean I've seen some movie trailers that showcase most of the action scenes of a non-action movie to make it seem more exciting. All that aside, as stand alone entities, I do like movie trailers.

Where the Wild Things Are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFk7kYa_i0s

I'm not sure how they'll pull this movie off, but it looks neat as of now and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it. Also will someone tell me how to put the actual video in my post because I have absolutely no idea how this is done.

Posted by Dexter

Where the Wild Things Are will be full of win and awesome. Spikey can pull it off. Most anticipated.

Posted by Speedfreak

Jesus Christ fucking kiddies in here can't appreciate Clockwork Orange. Go watch your autobot bullshit in your mum's basement with your Persona figurines in your Ctrl Alt Delete T-shirts.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Stanley Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket was about the only good film he EVER did. And even it had it's flaws.. ACO sucks tremendous and copious amounts of dogdick..

Posted by Shin-Ra

That's the first I've ever seen someone completely dislike Kubrick, and I totally and utterly disagree. Dr. Strangelove, Spartacus, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, and 2001: A Space Odyssey all completely kick all realms of ass. Even A.I. which was supposed to be a Kubrick film I enjoyed. Not to be a fan boy or anything, but the guy's a huge perfectionist and for his actual directing he's pretty great. As for A Clockwork Orange, it isn't my favorite of his movies but what Kubrick himself did was really, really good. The shot in the tunnel, the musical slow motion attack on his droogs, the barren futuristic set designs... really good shit. Is there an actual reason for you disliking him other than "his movies aren't good" (which is a totally valid reason, don't get me wrong)?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Tasteless and boring is just that, at best. The movie didn't appeal to me as a viewer and I felt robbed after seeing it (among many of his other titles) just from hype alone. I should be punching a few of my own friends in the ****ing face for even attempting to shovel that garbage my way. I have and will always think of Kubrick as an unchallenged over achiever twat.. his mommy obviously didn't beat him enough as a child.

Thanks for assuming I was a "kiddie" Speedy, even though I've been watching 'ADULT' films ever since you were crappin' your panties.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

stanley kubrick isnt a "crappy" director. hes mediocre at best. what sets him apart from other directors, is the fact that he chose projects that no other pussy director at the time would even touch.

2001 a space odyssey
Clockwork orange
The Killing (the movie that inspired reservoir dogs)

and just so its clear he actually created the original storyboards for A.I because he WANTED to DO that project.

and now back to trailers that are enjoyable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt0xxAMTp8M

Posted by Tyler Durden

Solid's right..

But when you post a trailer, do it like this:
[ youtube = Tt0xxAMTp8M ] Tt0xxAMTp8M [ / youtube ], sans the spaces..
And you should get something like this:

[youtube=Tt0xxAMTp8M]Tt0xxAMTp8M[/youtube]

Posted by Supermario

Quoting Bebop: Trailers are awesome. Easily one of the best things of the cinema experience.

So lets discuss them. What upcoming trailers have you interested? What are some of your favorite trailers? What trailers do you hate? What trailers are actually better than the film they are advertising?

Trailers, better than the movie (itself) advertised:

Lady in the Water (teaser)
Be Kind Rewind
Adaptation :D
Land of the Lost
Transformers
Transformers 2
The Spirit (2008)
The Hulk
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button :(

Trailers I like:

Cast Away
Batman Begins
Back to the Future
Star Wars: Episode I
Lord of the Rings (All)
Collateral
Super Mario Bros. The Movie
Citizen Kane
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (trailer #1)
Clear and Present Danger
King Kong (teaser/2005)

Trailers not liked:
Year One
Spy Kids
The Butterfly Effect
Borat
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
Fighting

Interesting trailer for upcoming movies:
Toy Story 3

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

thanks for the info durden

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm pretty excited about Inception and [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbLgszfXTAY]The Road[/url] at the moment. Inception because it looks pretty crazy and has Christopher Nolan directing, which is very promising by itself. The Road look great as well. I'm currently reading it, actually, and I'm excited to see the guy who played Omar on The Wire playing a stick up guy (typecasting much?).

[youtube=rUtEUnGWI_g]rUtEUnGWI_g[/youtube]

Posted by brock9233

I like trailers because they tell u the whole story in few minutes. I like the trailer of 300 and i found the trailer more deadly than the movie.