RPGs everyone should own!

Posted by S

Pretty self-evident. Here you denote what RPG game that is pretty much a universal title, that every RPG lover should own, or at least have played fully. I'll do a voting system on it to, so if you agree with a choice, post the name. On the other end of the spectrum, if you disagree, say so. I'll start with a few I think are necessary to be played by any RPG gamer. I'll, and anyone else who would like to contribute, will edit in any changes and notable games into the original posts, including the posts that I've reserved. Once a post reaches its limit on characters, I'll re-open one of the others below.

Format:
Game Name:
Console:
Battle-style: Turn-based, Action, Hack-slash, etc~
Comments: Anything you'd like to say, whether about the story or a general 1-10 rating of the game. Feel free to use this to your disposal. NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD, PERIOD.
Score: Score is the rating given by people. +'s and -'s basically.

Note: Also, any refinements of comments are much welcomed. I'm trying to give as much information about the style of the game as possible, but I haven't played all the games myself... so anyone who can give a comment, please do. Try and keep it objective. If you just can't, then quote yourself. I'll add quotes if they're acceptable.

Posted by S

[color=black]Console:
Nintendo:

Game Name: Final Fantasy
Battle-style: Turn-based, Character-based Jobs
Comments: The first, the original. Every gamer needs to have laid hands on it at LEAST once.
Score: +++++

Super Nintendo:

Game Name: Chrono Trigger
Battle-style: Turn-based, Character-specific moves, Dual Combo-attacks and Triple combo-attacks
Comments: One of the most ground-breaking RPGs of its time. Changed the RPG scene completely, and was one of the final legacies of the Super Nintendo. Recommended to all newbies, and Veterans alike. Multiple-endings. Re-released for Playstation in Final Fantasty: Chronicles, but game has long and unnecessary load times between fights, zone-lines, and everything else.
Score: +++

Game Name: Final Fantasy 6
Battle-style: Turn-based, Character based Jobs
Comments: The RPG said to have destroyed the rest. As many fan-boys for this game as there are for Chrono Trigger. A second, though no less important, legacy left by the SNES.

Game Name: Earthbound
Battle-style: Turn-based
Comments: Shigesato's masterpeice that pokes fun at the RPG genre and US culture.
Score: +

Game Name: Secret of Evermore
Battle-style: Real-time, Hack-slash
Comments: Continues the Secret of Mana gameplay, but with an American/Hollywood atmosphere. Mad scientists/mummies/kid looking like Marty from back to the future, the works. It's uniquness comes from who designed it, Square Soft USA, an affiliate company of Square Soft.
Score: ++

Game Name: Tales of Phantasia
Battle-style: Linear Motion
Comments: Excellent story that's fun to play through, great characters, and the first game to use the Linear Motion battle system that's still unique to the Tales series. "****ing great." -Shade

Game Name: Secret of Mana
Console: SNES
Battle-style: Action
Comments: There is no other Mana game. If you've judged the series by its recent releases, then you haven't seen anything. Blows Sword of Mana out of the water. Awesome for playing with friends with its multiplayer capabilities. Awesome graphics, and a pretty good story. Also, an amazing soundtrack from Hiroki Kikuta.

Sega Saturn:

Game Name:
Battle-style:
Comments:
Score:

Sega Genesis:

Game Name:
Battle-style:
Comments:
Score:

N64:

Game Name:
Battle-style:
Comments:
Score:

Sega Dreamcast:

Game Name:
Battle-style:
Comments:
Score:

Playstation:

Game Name: Xenogears
Battle-style: ATB turn-based; Hand-to-hand and Mech-based combat
Comments: An exceedingly large game, based around religion and mech war-fare. Surprisingly deep and complex, coupled with an interesting battle-style. "A must-play for any gamer. 10/10" [i]–S

Posted by S

./

Posted by S

/./

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Game Name: Oblivion
Console: Xbox 360, PC, PS3
Battle-style: First-Person, Action
Comments: It's epic and ****ing awesome.
Score: ++++++++++

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

PC:

Game Name: Baldur's Gate II
Battle-style: Real time (you can pause to order commands)
Comments: ****ing best. game. ever.
Score: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

More to come.

Posted by WillisGreeny

SNES

Earthbound
Battle-Style:[/B] Turn based. Dragon Quest engine.
Comments: Shigesato's masterpeice that pokes fun at the RPG genre and US culture.

[b]Secret of Evermore
Battle-Style:
Real-time, Hack and slash, Alchemy. Secret of Mana engine.
Comments: Continues the Secret of Mana gameplay, but with an American/Hollywood atmosphere. Mad scientists/mummies/kid looking like Marty from back to the future, the works. It's uniquness comes from who designed it, Square Soft USA, an affiliate company of Square Soft.
score: +

PC

Diablo II
Battle-Style: Hack and Slash, multiplayer functionality (battle net)
Comments: Was a nice jump in graphics and game play for its time.
score: +

Posted by Shade

SNES:

Game: Tales of Phantasia
Battle System: Linear Motion
Comments: ****ing great. Excellent story that's fun to play through, great characters, and the first game to use the Linear Motion battle system that's still unique to the Tales series.
Score: ++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by S

All games currently have a score of one. Remember guys, you can vote to bump a game to a higher score just by saying something like...

"Final Fantasy 6 +"

or deduct from a game by saying:

"Final Fantasy 6 -"

You can only vote for a game once though. If you want, you can change your vote but don't make it a habit, ya?

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm going to put all my votes on this post, editing as more games get mentioned.
+
Chrono Trigger
FF1
FF6
Oblivion
Baldur's Gate II

I like it better my way.

Posted by neo prime

Diablo II+
Secret of Evermore+
Chrono Trigger+
Final Fantasy 6+
Final Fantasy+

Posted by Shade

FF1 +

System: GBA
Game: Golden Sun (Both)
Battle System: Turn-Based
Comments: ****ing best games ever. Turn based system is given more depth with the Djinn customization. Decent sized world to explore, story is interesting. Protagonists are silent.

Posted by Xero

Final Fantasy 1: +

Diablo II: +

Posted by Ashen

WTF? No Dragon Quest 8?

Game Name: Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Console: PS2
Battle-style: Turned-based
Comments: An excellent romp into classic RPG gameplay using 3D cel-shaded graphics, design by Akira Toriyama of DBZ/Blue Dragon fame. Silent hero, of course (DQ staple). Excellent characterization, with great dialogue, voice acting that doesn't make your ears bleed, and an AMAZING world map (which has only been emulated by one other game). Great character customization, but a high difficulty curve. Grinding is also difficult, because of the experience curve being so steep after a certain level.

I'll add a few more...

Game Name: Tales of the Abyss
Battle-style: Flex-Linear Motion Battle System (active movement)
Comments: Pretty much take everything that was good about Tales of Symphonia and make it twenty times better. Has one of the best character developments in all of recent gaming history. Oh, and did I mention Jade Curtiss being the best character OF ALL TIME?? D: (you don't have to include that last part =W=)
Score: +++++++

Game Name: Grandia III
Battle-style: Active Time Battle (IP system)
Comments: You want a game with awesome battle gameplay? Here you go. The story was pulled from the bowels of an ancient mammoth, however. And the characters are horrible. As is some of the voice acting. But, at least the battles are fun.

Game Name: Secret of Mana
Console: SNES
Battle-style: Action
Comments: There is no other Mana game. If you've judged the series by its recent releases, then you haven't seen anything. Blows Sword of Mana (and IMO, Legend of Mana) out of the water. Awesome for playing with friends with its multiplayer capabilities. Awesome graphics (for a SNES game), and a pretty good story. Also, an amazing soundtrack from Hiroki Kikuta.
Score: ++++

... I might add more later. I'd have to go through my library to see what was effing amazing.

Posted by S

Thank you Ashen! The more the better. I added a plus to the ones I agreed to, but I don't care for TotA so I reduced a score. It'll probably end up winning out anyhow, but my vote is against it. DQ8 and Secret of Mana though are fun games. And I think I played Grandia but I can't remember, so I didn't add anything or remove.

Quoted post: WTF? No Dragon Quest 8?

Cause it sucks.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Fallout
Fallout II

'nuff said.

Posted by S

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Fallout
Fallout II

'nuff said.

More info, please.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Fine. :(

-Fallout
-PC
-Turn Based
-Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game made of win, awesome, and Dogmeat.
Rating: ++++++++++++++ (infinite/bestgameever)

-Fallout II
-PC
-Turn Based
-Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game made of win, awesome, even more Dogmeat, and MARVIN, BABY, MARVIN!
Rating: ++++++++++++++ (infinite/otherbestgameever)

Posted by ZOSO

NES

Name: Dragon Warrior 1-4
Battle Style: Turn Based
Comments: Difficult, Challenging, very fun

GAMEBOY

Name: Pokemon Blue
Comments: Suprisingly, an excellent and entertaining RPG for all ages

GAMECUBE

Name: Megaman X8 Command Mission
Comments: Very Difficult, Long, Good Entertainment

I'll add more later

Posted by Shade

Quoting ZOSO: NES

Name: Dragon Warrior 1-4
Comments: Difficult, Challenging, very fun

Are they also redundant?

Game: Eternal Sonata
System: XBOX 360
Battle System: Turn-based real-time is the only way I can describe it.
Comments: Takes the setting of a dream Frederic Chopin experiences right before his time of death. The game is some delicious eye-candy. Battle system makes the combat fun and not tedious.
Rating: ++++

Can I take a plus away from a game? Because take one away from Eternal Sonata if so.

Posted by S

Yup, you can vote once for any game. Positive or negative. I'll do it now.

Posted by Poco

S.T.A.L.K.E.R- Shadow of Chernobyl
System: PC
Pros: One of the best games ever made, better then what fallout 3 will ever be. Clear Sky coming out soon.
Cons: Animal AI acts a little retarded sometimes, but is great 99 percent of the time.
Rating: 9/10

for the 4chan faggots: MAED OF EPIC WIIN AND CAEK DO BUY- BORAT

also if anyone says golden sun, that's an awful, overly wordy, boring as hell jrpg for faggots. So, shade, are you 12?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Poco: One of the best games ever made, better then what fallout 3 will ever be.
hey what are you on ab-

[quote]MAED OF EPIC WIIN AND CAEK DO BUY- BORAT

OOOOOH.

Well then I'll have to look into it.

Posted by Poco

Quoting cats: hey what are you on ab-

OOOOOH.

Well then I'll have to look into it.

It's only around 20 dollars now, last I checked Circuit City had it for 10 bux. Quite a good game.

Posted by ZOSO

Quoting Shade: Are they also redundant?

yea, they are pretty repetitive, but they're good games non the less.

Posted by Shade

Hahaha, oh wow.

WHOOSH

Posted by Ziggy R

Game Name: Oblivion

Consoles: Xbox360, PC, Playstation 3

Comments: A game where what you chose to do can affect you later on. The box said "live another life in another world." In an RPG game, that's actualy good. this is a game that if you don't have it, you should not be alive.

Score: 9.5/10

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Game Name: Oblivion
Console: Xbox 360, PC, PS3
Comments: It's epic and ****ing awesome.
Score: ++++++++++

Yo.

First post of this thread.

Posted by Red

Game: Shin Megami Tensei Person 3
System: Playstation 2
Battle System: Turn Based, strategy? also the ability to create and level up Persona's to assist you in battle
Comments: a nice balance of RPG and Sim Date, a good game that came out after PS2 died.
Rating: +

I could say a few more but I'm too lazy. I wanted to add Kingdom Hearts too because even though alot of people don't like it, it just seems like one of those games you really should play at least once in your lifetime.

Posted by Shade

No it's not.

Posted by Ziggy R

No what's not?

Posted by Shade

[quote=Red]it just seems like one of those games you really should play at least once in your lifetime.

[quote=me]No it's not.

Posted by Ziggy R

Oh. Didn't realy get the post, sorry :(

What? Persona 3 is a great game...

Posted by Red

lol wow so much confusion.

I believe Shade was referring to Kingdom Hearts...which is understandable because like I said, alot of people don't like it.

Haha, oh wow. I just read the last line and what the game was. OOPS

Posted by Red

I noticed game cube didn't have any so how about Tales of Symphonia?

I've never actually played it, I've just heard great things.

Posted by S

Nah, until someone who's played it recommends it, not putting it up.

Posted by Iris

Might as well recommend it since it's the only real RPG for the 'cube.

Game: Tales of Symphonia
Console: Gamecube
Battle System: Linear motion
Comments: 2-disc game with a lot of gameplay variety and side-quests.
Rating: +

I'll add a plus to that. Great game.

Posted by WillisGreeny

All the lessons about life has forced me to also give it a plus. Don't be racist. Don't eat before going to bed. Dragons carry a **** load of gold.

+ for Tales of Symphonia.

Posted by Iris

More like gald, jerk.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Zenny, Gald, Gold, Gil, It's hard to keep track of all the **** currencies.

Posted by Sinister Obsession

I owned Blue Dragon for the Xbox 360 and it's a 3 disc game. It was a long *** game. but it was fun as hell.

Posted by Shade

Lost Odyssey is superior.

Posted by S

More info and I'll post it.

Don't post Blue Dragon, even if he says it's really good. Fact of the matter is, it's just not. It's pretty bad actually.

Posted by Red

when I heard that it used such items like "Alarm clock" (to heal sleep ailment), and some other "humorous" items, I had no interest in playing it as it looked like a less serious more comedic game.

and what's with Akira Toriyama (sp) and Dragons?

Posted by Sinister Obsession

I only played it because it's a rpg turn based with out the active time battle system, and you don't see a lot of turn based games anymore. That's why I thought it was enjoyable.

Posted by Red

Game:Dark Cloud
Console:PS2
Battle System:hack & slash, also a weapon building system.
Comments: [I]I don't know if this can be classified as an RPG and I'm pretty sure I got the battle system wrong but maybe someone can fix it. Dark cloud introduced a unique re-building" system where you would gain pieces of a town and build it the way you'd want.
Rating:+

Game:Dark Cloud 2
Console:PS2
Battle System:hack & slash, also a weapon building system.
Comments: much like Dark Cloud 1 but with more side quests, and building options, also cell shaded.
Rating:+

Posted by WillisGreeny

If Dark Cloud's crappy attempt at SimCity is getting praise over its repedative gameplay, then something's wrong. Put me down for a minus on Dark Cloud.

Haven't played Dark Cloud 2 though.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting WillisGreeny: If Dark Cloud's crappy attempt at SimCity is getting praise over its repedative gameplay, then something's wrong. Put me down for a minus on Dark Cloud.

Pretty sure Dark Cloud didn't draw inspiration from SimCity. I'm leaning more toward ActRaiser or SoulBlazer.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I was talking about the town building portion of the game.

Posted by Roger Smith

I don't think they had SimCity in mind Willis :\

Posted by WillisGreeny

Oh come on Roger... I was exaggerating what Red was saying about Dark Cloud's unique townbuilding stuff.

Posted by protomanEXE

Dark cloud was still a pretty crappy game i give it a C

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting WillisGreeny: Oh come on Roger... I was exaggerating what Red was saying about Dark Cloud's unique townbuilding stuff.

I didn't even read his post.

Posted by Shade

Dark Cloud's city building is a rip-off of Breath of Fire, not SimCity.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Breath of Fire's city building is a rip off of SimCity. Just follow the dots.

Posted by Red

Quoting Roger Smith: Pretty sure Dark Cloud didn't draw inspiration from SimCity. I'm leaning more toward ActRaiser or SoulBlazer.

funny, those are the two games wikipedia mentioned too.

Quoting WillisGreeny: Oh come on Roger... I was exaggerating what Red was saying about Dark Cloud's unique townbuilding stuff.

...okay so maybe not unique, but it was still a good game imo.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Red: funny, those are the two games wikipedia mentioned too.

If wikipedia says so it must be true.

Posted by Shade

Contrary to popular belief, Wikipedia's actually somewhat accurate.

Very accurate I'd say. Only time it isn't is if someone purposefully edited it otherwise. From my experiences anyways.

Posted by Shade

I was using the understatement to mock Roger further.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Shade: I was using the understatement to mock Roger further.

Oh how you succeeded.

Posted by xD Man

final fantasy, every game!

Posted by Shade

Except 7 and up.

12 is really good.

Posted by S

12 is like the MMO 11, but worse.

12 is like 7-11 but actually really good.

Posted by Ant

I didn't find 12 to be that amazing. not nearly as amazing as seven. the best final fantasy ever to be made ever

Posted by Ch

I was looking through, and I did not find a single mention of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars!

Posted by Poco

Quoting Shade: Except 7 and up.

ah yes because older equals better

ff 1-4 sucked, ff 5 is saved by the job system, and 6 is pretty good.

however 7 was good for the time, 8 was breakable, 9 was great, 10 was faggot, 11 was online, and 12 was a single player mmo.

Posted by Red

I liked 9 and even 7 like Poco says was good for it's time.

but what about Musashi? lol I loved those games.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Poco: ah yes because older equals better

ff 1-4 sucked, ff 5 is saved by the job system, and 6 is pretty good.

however 7 was good for the time, 8 was breakable, 9 was great, 10 was faggot, 11 was online, and 12 was a single player mmo.

Okay I'll go by your logic then

1 was good for its time and is still fun
2 is fun
3 had a good job system for its time
4 is****ing greatness and you suck donkey tits
5 is good
6 is full of win and awesome

Seven's basic plot is so close to six's that it's scary. Only for some reason they wanted to make the actual game worse because they hate Sony or somethin.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Wait, FF7's basic plot is the same as FF6? Hmm... Terra and Cloud were both quite similar to one another. Both start out with amnesia, and both started out fighting for the bad guys in the begining. On the other hand, the villians were quite different. Sephiroth was minipulated by Janova, while Kefka was just crazy for power. Espers were being captured against their will for their powers, but in FF7 it was all about the earth's materia and ****.

Idk, for every similarity between the two games I can also find a difference somewhere else.

Speaking of FF6, Why did the emperor need to use a mind controling device on Terra when it was him who raised her after finding her at the Esper Cave entrance? That part confused me. They couldn't brainwash her the old fashion way, Catholic style?

Posted by Shade

It's a testament to her intelligence or somethin.

Don't even ****ing start this ****, guys.

Posted by Shade

Fine, but only because you asked nicely.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Don't even ****ing start this ****, guys.

You know what I say to that?

You hate Earthbound.

There, I said it.

Posted by Shade

Earthbound's story is lame.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Suikoden II
console: Playstation
battle style: Turn-based, and Turn-based-strategy.
comments: The best part about this RPG is the jam-packed plot lines with all the characters. The highlanders of the north decide to take over the city-states ,and by death and betrayel it looks as though they just might do it, if it wasn't for the wild cards known as Runes. Player gets ands build up a castle, builds up an army, and inventually saves the world from blowing itself up. Very fun game.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Shade: Earthbound's story is lame.

Congratulations, that was the point. Earthbound has a lot more going on than the plot. The plot is probably the least interesting thing about Earthbound.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Shade: Earthbound's story is lame.

eb is funny because it take splace in 1950's-1990's bizzaro america

only good thing about earthbound is the final boss battle

Posted by Shade

Quoting WillisGreeny: Congratulations, that was the point. Earthbound has a lot more going on than the plot. The plot is probably the least interesting thing about Earthbound.

It's a shame that plot is so important in an RPG, then.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Shade: It's a shame that plot is so important in an RPG, then.

It's a shame a gamer like yourself is constrained to the extra ordinary complexities most Rpgs follow, and can't recognize a game's great originality because of its refusal to follow the norms. I see Earthbound as contemporary art, which requires a higher appreciation to videogames as a medium instead of just mere entertainment. Itoi Shigesato is a fascinating guy who hates videogames, and made a game that he thought would frustrate the gamer. If you can't rize above the intentional frustrations, then the point gets lost. The enjoyment is trying to figure out what Itoi is trying to portray about videogames in every moment. Why are some parts of Earthbound ridiculously hard? Why is the plot stupid? Why do I have to get an item that noone mentioned I had to get before? Why do I have to backtrack for 4 minutes? Why the hell is there a stone pencil blocking my path? All that stuff makes fun of the importance of plot in an RPG, and would have sold a lot better if the graphics weren't so **** important at the time (**** you FF6, you killed Earthbound) :(

Posted by The R.S.

A game I think is perhaps on of the best RPG games I've played in a very long time is Tales of Symphonia. Good story, fun battle system, a plot that keeps you on the edge of your seat for you don't know what's going to come next, plenty of side-quests, and awesome voice acting. Heck, they even made four anime specials based on it in Japan (which I've got to see once I stop having dial-up and get ahold of high speed).

...and a classic, but goody RPG game would be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. You really can't beat that.

Earthbound killed Earthbound. It didn't appeal to a broad enough audience because it was so bizarre.

Posted by The R.S.

I thought Earthbound was awesome... >_>

Plenty of good dialog, the environment was a nice step away from typical RPGs, and I'm just about the biggest fanboy of the soundtrack. The only thing that I think could've been improved was the battle system- it's really hard to get into, I will admit myself. But everything else I loved.

EB had a bunch of cool things, it was just a **** game.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Earthbound killed Earthbound. It didn't appeal to a broad enough audience because it was so bizarre.

There were several reasons. I think it's better to say America just wasn't ready for Earthbound.
1. People didn't know who Itoi Shigesato was; a man who openly spoke out about videogames being dumb.
2. Mother 1 (Earthbound's prequal) never came to the states, so any references Earthbound made with the original Mother game lost all its meaning.
3. Dragon Quest didn't sell very well in the states, so the battle engine reference was completely lost, having gamers judge the battle engine at face value without realizing Earthbound was making fun of Dragon Quest.
4. Marketing totally dropped the ****ing ball. Nintendo Power thought talking about the crazy battle backgrounds was a better selling point than the mockery aspects.
5. FF6 and Chrono Trigger

It's all so sad :(

Quoting The R.S.: I thought Earthbound was awesome... >_>

Plenty of good dialog, the environment was a nice step away from typical RPGs, and I'm just about the biggest fanboy of the soundtrack. The only thing that I think could've been improved was the battle system- it's really hard to get into, I will admit myself. But everything else I loved.

The battle Engine was made to be just like Dragon Quest: The point being a mockery. They copied DQ's battle engine not because it was such a great battle engine, but because most people in Japan were familiar with dragon quest's engine and thought it would be funny to mock such a rigid-yet addicting engine with Earthbound.

Posted by Poco

earthbound is only a classic because nerds like obscure ****

trust me if everyone else knew what it was they'd hate it

Posted by sparky2004

Game:Mass Effect
System: XBOX 360
Battle System: Real-Time Free Play (Best explaination for it)
Comments: It's what a game should be like. Excellent graphics, although tedious with the difficulty of the game. Player creates a character named Shepard, and have to restore the galaxy, and solve the issue of Saren. Pretty basic stuff...

Quoted post: There were several reasons. I think it's better to say America just wasn't ready for Earthbound.

Yes. Earthbound killed Earthbound. There's a reason we still don't get many, many, many japanese games.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I blame the schools.

Posted by Poco

Quoting WillisGreeny: I blame the schools.

yes it is important to learn about jrpg and the culture of glorious nippon

Posted by junior senior

i hope earthbound comes out for the virtual console

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Poco: yes it is important to learn about jrpg and the culture of glorious nippon

America worships money, and Japan has the 2nd biggest economy. It would make sense.

Posted by Shade

What's the biggest economy?

Posted by WillisGreeny

The United States.

Posted by Shade

Exactly. With the American mindset, as long as we're number one, whoever's number two doesn't really matter.

Posted by WillisGreeny

So that's why we hardly invest in education... We're already #1, and nothing can change that!

Posted by Shade

Don't fix what ain't broken.

Posted by Poco

Quoting WillisGreeny: America worships money, and Japan has the 2nd biggest economy. It would make sense.

unironically serious, get out faggot

Posted by WillisGreeny

Darkcloud 2: Minus.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I think everyone needs to own Final Fantasy Tactics, because it's the best game, prettymuch ever.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I really liked FFBT's music. Leveling up took a while though.

Posted by devia243

Following are the IPs I like and think everyone should own:

NWN2
Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy XII
Oblivion and
Witcher

Posted by mark0579

i have chrono trigger for ds i give it a 9 out of 10 best game i ever played! it have new eddings new bosses and best of all new weapons, but nothing is new about the griphics still the same

Posted by Tojis21

1. ALL FINAL FANTASY SERIES
2.KINGDOM HEARTS
3.BRAVE STORY
4.JEANNE D ARC
5.HACK GU ALL VERSIONS
6.PERSON ALL VERSION

Posted by Living Peril

everyone should own borderlands when it comes out on the 20th come on man 27 trillion guns .

Posted by Shin-Ra

Suikoden III

because hurting people is like, bad man

I mean, how would you like it if people did bad stuff to you

c'mon man, just stop

Also: Xenogears, Xenosaga, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy VI-IX, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea

Posted by Tyler Durden

Arc the Lad was a highly underrated series imo..

Posted by Slade

Quoting Shin-Ra: Suikoden III

because hurting people is like, bad man

I mean, how would you like it if people did bad stuff to you

c'mon man, just stop

I pretty much started collecting this series on PS2 even though you're the only person who's ever said it's really good. Suikoden III just came in the mail yesterday and it looks great. I checked out the beginning of the girl-knight's storyline and it seems like the game is a lot of silence and reading. BUT the game had already gotten me on her side within a few minutes, so I'm looking forward to experiencing the whole thing.