Ever notice...

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

That when you go to the actual VIDEO GAME boards on this site, you start seeing members that you did not know existed, but have been here for years? I mean, if someone asked me: Who all is on VGC?
((Not that someone normally would.))
I would rattle off a few names: Dexter, Jesse Smith, Omni, Ant....
But, lately, I've been feeling that its kind of dumb to just come here for the off-topic board, which, lets face it, I do. So I have been browsing around the game boards a bit, and I really don't recognize anyone there.
Anyone else notice this?

Posted by Xero

No because I browse the gaming boards every day.

But there are a couple of members that only post in those boards. Drewboy64, Unite, etc.

Posted by The Judge

I only recognize the people who post in DA and the off-topic section.

Then again, I'm a well-known hermit.

Posted by Lord of Spam

...Wait, there are video game boards here?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I still frequently post in the gaming boards, so I don't have the same problem. Only members I don't know are those relatively unknown before I joined who decide to pop in every now and then.

Posted by Omni

I've probably posted 10 times or less in the gaming sections.

Posted by Ant

I've kinda noticed that. Though just know the majority of every member on this site did join originally because of the video game section. It's natural "progression", I suppose.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I don't even know who half of you are. Including Kendra.

I like it better this way.

Posted by The Judge

You remember me, don't you baby?

Vaguely. Something about us at each other's throats constantly. Good times.

Posted by The Judge

Oh yeah!

remember when nagel used to mod DA? man... memoriiiiiiiiiiiiiiies

Yeah, THOSE were good times. Orgy blog? heck yeah

then it turned into DA and i'm all **** this (plus Judge came into the picture). Anthony is to blame.

Posted by Stalolin

no one joins vgc to talk about video games

Posted by Ant

Quoting Angelwing: Anthony is to blame.

high five?

not today, chocolate bear

Posted by Ant

I don't want to be Turk! I wanted to be JD. GAHHHHH YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!

fine, Turk is better anyways. JD is kinda a faggot like you, so it makes sense.

Posted by The Judge

My presence is the bane of all things good.

Posted by Linko_16

The only board with members I know nothing of would be the Sim Battle board, I think.

I remember a few of those guys from VGS actually. Like Strike.

Posted by Ant

who?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I go by the New Posts section, rather than boards. That way, I get the best of every section!

Posted by Ant

Quoting The X: I go by the New Posts section, rather than boards. That way, I get the best of every section!

I wanted to punch you in the face so much after reading that post you have no idea.

Posted by mis0

Yeah, I've noticed that there all of these other members in the specific game sections, etc. But that's just the way stuff usually is. People have their own little cliques and they keep to themselves.

Quoted post: I go by the New Posts section, rather than boards. That way, I get the best of every section!

Me too, high five!

Posted by Omni

You're also responsible for like half the posts on the entire site, or close enough anyway.

Posted by Slade

My hero...

I pretty much recognize almost everyone, but the groups I know least about are the sim battle dudes, the ooooold members who post only rarely, and some of the new members who might post pretty often but I don't notice it.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Yeah, Vampiro sure does seem to have very little of a life. He's been hear nearly two and a half years less than Dexter, but with nearly twice as many posts. In a better comparison, I've been here a little more than a year longer than Vampy and have nearly an 1/8th of his posts. Not to mention his Xbox Live Achievements... ;) HI VAMPY!
---
I tend to browse Future Systems, General Gaming, Wii, DS, PSP, GameCube, PS, Xbox, N64, Computer, RPG, MMO, SSB, Mega Man, Zelda, Metroid, Movies, Music, Sports, Literature, Technology, Art, IM, and Posting Games, but I only post in the Xbox often, since that's currently the only gaming system I own.

Quoted post: Yeah, Vampiro sure does seem to have very little of a life. He's been hear nearly two and a half years less than Dexter, but with nearly twice as many posts.

... Have you seen the large majority of my posts? I can't count how many times I've seen the "please wait 15 seconds before you can make another post" notice. I raked up a good 3 months of online time, but have thousands of more posts than anyone else close to or above my online time for a reason.

Because I put no time, thought or effort into any of my posts. Or the large majority anyways.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Posts every couple of minutes in the 'Currently Playing' thread. ;)

That said, my post count has shot up by 3,000 since I came back in May.

Quoted post: Posts every couple of minutes in the 'Currently Playing' thread.

If you deleted that thread I'd still be at 21,000 posts.

Posted by Dexter

I thought more people took the new post method. I never go to a particular forum first, only what's active or has been updated since the last time I was here. I hit as much as possible and when I have time I even browse material I'm not interested in just to see what's up. I used to read up on the sim board all the time, even though I rarely contributed towards it.