thoroughly disappointed with virtua fighter 5

Posted by G-Sides

:/ i've always <3'd this series but this one feels like more or less VF4, maybe even a little bit worse. lack of diversity in moves and modes etc etc etc wasted money imo :(

but maybe i'm the only one? is anyone else let down?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Nope. Bought it for the PS3 when it came out and I was really pleased with it. Still the best fighting series out there by far.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Only other VF I've played was VF3 on the Dreamcast, so I don't know how close VF5 is to 4... but I love it. The online mode is surprisingly smooth - I played someone in Nepal last night, and had minimal lag. Amazing, considering I used to get gamebreaking lag on the XBox version of GGX when playing with my friend who lived within half a mile. The fighting system is dynamic to the point it rewards intelligent decisions, rather than the memorization of pedantic combos. And it looks stunning.

My only complaints are that some of the achievements are unreasonable, and the DLC is wildly overpriced. To get Quest Trifecta, you need to beat all 1600 rivals in the game, collect every emblem, and find every item. But, I'm an achievement whore. 500G for two new items per character? Gimme a breeeeak.

A new patch came out last night though, which revamped the costumes system and improved the networking.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Still the best fighting series out there by far.

Do they not sell Soul Calibur up North? Meet me at the Peace Bridge Vamp I will export you some, I got your back...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Haha, they don't even compare. SC is a great series, but not half as good as VF.