Shinigami Quest, Chapter 2: A Day in Shamballa

Posted by Strike

[COLOR="lightGreen"]Kazuo took the key, looked about to the Haken Division, and turned back to Urahara.
[COLOR="navy"]
"Er... how do I use it?"[/COLOR]

Sweat drops appeared in multiple places.

[COLOR="navy"]"Oh, haha yes. You're going to need a doorway... any doorway with a lock will work."[/COLOR]
[COLOR="navy"]
"Well then, I guess the forest was a dumb place to meet."[/COLOR] commented Shun, under his breath.
[COLOR="navy"]
"Good thing I brought my portable doorway, just for such an occasion!"[/COLOR] said Urahara, taking a tin canister out of his cloak. He opened it, revealed a blue and yellow pill, and threw it on the ground. Suddenly a door unraveled itself from the ground, as if it had unfolded hundreds of times from something much smaller. Okayama raised an eyebrow, took a wary step forward, and stuck the key in the lock.
[COLOR="navy"]
"Well, we need to find out more about our enemy before we can approach them. What they're after, what they're up to..."[/COLOR] thought Kazuya to himself, and he opened the door.

A loud crash resonated from darkness on the other side of the door, and a kind of indistinct growling and slobbering from some creature very hungry indeed.
[COLOR="navy"]
"Brother, I can't see!"[/COLOR] came the strangely echoing voice of a child.

[COLOR="navy"]"Hold on, Al!" [/COLOR]came another frantic voice. There was a large sound, like an avelanche, followed by silence and the panting of two out-of-breath kids.

[COLOR="navy"]"That should hold them for a minute... Gosh, I need to rest... don't these demons ever give up?"[/COLOR]

The Shinigami were all inside the door now, Urahara waving from the other side as it shut. It was completely dark, and quiet, except for the shuffling of several shinigami.

[COLOR="navy"]"Who's there?"[/COLOR] came the second kid's voice. [COLOR="navy"]"Another Humunculus?"[/COLOR]

A spark of flame, and a torch was lit.

A child's voice came from a large suit of armor, laying sprawled next to a teenager with long blonde hair and a long red coat, holding the torch. [COLOR="navy"]"Whoa... brother... that's a lot of Humunculi!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="navy"]"The hell's a Humbererlie?"[/COLOR] asked Ibaraki freely, [COLOR="navy"]"Is it like a Junior Bacon Chee'?"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="navy"]
"I believe he said, HUMUNCULUS."[/COLOR] said Washi.
[COLOR="navy"]
"H...H-Ho-How in the world are there so many of you?"[/COLOR] asked the blonde-haired kid.
[COLOR="navy"]
"How in the world is that suit of armor talking?"[/COLOR] asked Kenta.
[COLOR="navy"]
"You're one to ask a question like that..."[/COLOR] said Shou with a dash of sarcasm.

Takeshi sighed, and Mayumi rolled her eyes.

[COLOR="Navy"]"You can see us?"[/COLOR] asked Natsuki timidly.
[COLOR="navy"]
"Wait, you're not Humunculi? But..."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="navy"]"No time, brother!"[/COLOR] yelled the suit of armor urgently, and sure enough the hunk of metal was right, the huddle of people were apparently crammed into an underground corridor that had collapsed. Razor-sharp black tendrils shot out of the rocks, almost stabbing several Shinigami. They retracted swiftly, bringing the wall of rock and debris crashing down. Two beings walked into the room menacingly; a short squat man with beady eyes and a humongous mouth, and a tall sleek woman wearing a tight black dress.

[COLOR="navy"]"MORE FOOD?"[/COLOR] asked Gluttony. Lust smiled.

[COLOR="navy"]"Squad 14, attack!"[/COLOR] yelled Kazuo.

(You are now fighting Lust, and Gluttony, the Humunculi from Full Metal Alchemist.)[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://www.freewebz.com/oakwoodanimeinfo/lust.bmp[/IMG][IMG]http://www.freewebz.com/oakwoodanimeinfo/gluttony.bmp[/IMG]

Posted by Strike

Haken "Secret Division 14", Black Ops, quick-reference list;
1. Kazuo Okayama (agent of D1)
2. Kuroi Kurasawa (agent of D13)
3. Shun Hikaru (agent of D6)
4. Seiji Tenyama (agent of D9)
5. Yuu Tenyama (agent of D10)
6. Mayumi Miyamoto (agent of D2)
7. Washi (agent of D11)
8. Takeshi Hattori (agent of D8)
9. Natsuki Takahashi (agent of D4)
10. Kouhei Ibaraki (agent of D3)
11. Rin Mori (agent of D5)
12. Kenta Moshi (agent of D12)
13. Shou Yoshida (agent of D7)

Posted by Non-Existent One

(You sure make this interesting Strike, I'm also going to assume we arrived in a hallway but there's a room directly in front of us that Lust and Gluttony are in)

Shun raised his eyebrows at the girl and nudged someone nearby accordingly, than turned, realized he was nudging Mayumi who looked quite peeved, and turned around immediately.

Kazuo yelled to attack and Shun was right on it.

Leaping straight from the group of Shinigami, Shun charged into the room bravely. Lust's lips curled and her long black fingers shot out towards him, but Shun was ready, narrowly diving out of the way and rolling into a far wall.

"Go ahead Gluttony. Lunch." Lust said coolly, causing a pool of drool to form beneath him and many to turn their noses up in disgust.

"I don't think so, you wretched beast." In one swift motion, Shun pulled his pocket watch out, gripping the chain with one hand and actual watch with the other, the watch erupted into a small expulsion of light and melted away into Shun's hands. Quickly, yet so slowly at the same time, the light began to form in his hands, "From the light to which you hide...let no one escape judgement...from the light that which I find...let those who oppose us find judgement." Two blades of light sat steadily in Shun's grip now, "Gizagiza Touken."

Gluttony was moving now. Shun knew there was a reason he didn't like reciting Gizagiza's chant. But now, now wasn't the time, he had to act fast or this...beast of a man would be on him in seconds. A flash. No. A light bulb over Shun's head, he would test this...creature's worth with a single stroke of his blade, "Shriek! Tsukewamaru!" Stepping with his right handed swing, Gizagiza's blade instantaneously burst into shuriken, each one directly after the next, soaring directly into Gluttony...'s mouth?

Shun stood still for a moment, dumbstruck as Gluttony was blown backwards from the force of his shuriken, but proceeded to take a gigantic gulp and stood silent with a smile on his face. Shun, with a dropped jaw, stood staring at Gluttony, pointing with a free finger and muttering incoherently.

Posted by Strike

(Great post =) I'm posting as a player now.)

[COLOR="lightgreen"]Yuu watched dumbfounded as Gluttony swallowed the shurikans, grinned maniacally, and proceeded to attack Shun. But the captain he admired so much had ordered an attack, and Yuu thought, "I'll be ****ed if my blade doesn't taste your blood tonight!"

Yuu drew his Zanpakuto, holding it vertically before him with both hands.

[COLOR="Navy"]"ROAR, Soyokaze no Kyouran!"[/COLOR]

A flash of light, and Yuu literally pulled his sword apart into two smaller short-bladed kodachis. Gluttony was not even paying attention to him now, almost on top of Shun, whose blade was pointed at the beast's throat.

Yuu acted quickly, as he is known for. Spinning like a top, three times he turned arouned with his blades slashing outward, the wind around him picking up speed. He ended in a kind of dance-like move with both kodachis stabbed foward toward Gluttony. A whirlwind shot outward, slamming into Gluttony and throwing him into a wall just before he met Shun. Could that mouth swallow a Zanpakuto? Yuu was glad Shun hadn't found out quite yet.

The wall collapsed over Gluttony, revealing another chamber on the other side. Yuu smiled and turned proudly toward his brother... just to be staring right into the slobbering grin of Gluttony once more.

[COLOR="Navy"]"AAaugh!"[/COLOR]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kazuo directly approached Lust, drawing his Zanpakuto cooly as he did so.
[COLOR="Navy"]
"Why are you here, why are you attacking these boys?"[/COLOR]

Lust smiled, matching his coolness.

[COLOR="Navy"]"Same reason you are, I presume. These boys have the Philosopher's Stone. They've conveniently lead us right to it. And why are we attacking? Oh, I just thought Gluttony ought to have a little fun."[/COLOR]

Gluttony snivelled happily from the corner, where he was face-to-face with Yuu Tenyama.
[COLOR="Navy"]
"Hehehehe, HUNGRY!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]"The Philosopher's Stone? What is that?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]"Don't listen to her! Whatever she says.... it may sound like truth at times, but she's a Humunculi, a demon of the netherworld that appears whenever someone attempts to revive another through Alchemy."[/COLOR] said Ed, the blonde-haired Kid who was now standing, and walked up beside Kazuo.
[COLOR="Navy"]
"The Philosopher's Stone is a legend that supposedly will allow the user to use Alchemy and ignore the first and most important rule of Alchemy; Equivalent Trade."[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]

"Every action must have an equal reaction..."[/COLOR] muttered Kazuo.
[COLOR="Navy"]
"Exactly."[/COLOR]

(The Ousho must be seeking the Philospher's Stone as part of their ritual to rise to power! But where are they... where in this world?)

Kazuo raised his Zanpakuto.
[COLOR="Navy"]
"How are you affiliated with the Ousho?!"[/COLOR]

Lust's smile faded. [COLOR="Navy"]"What? Whatever do you mean?"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]
"Don't lie to me, answer the question!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]"I cannot understand what you mean, boy. But you seem like a promising fellow, and obviously you are like us... you come from a different world, and dressed similarly too"[/COLOR] with this Lust gave a significant raking look over Kazuo's body. [COLOR="Navy"]"Kill the State Alchemist and we'll take the Philosopher's Stone together!"[/COLOR]

Kazuo laughed, a loud, deep laugh that resonated with a kind of pity.
[COLOR="Navy"]
"Best try your tricks somewhere else, witch."[/COLOR]

Kazuo lunged to strike, but was deflected by something as hard as the steel of his Zanpakuto. A man wearing a kind of Biker's outfit and sunglasses stood before Lust.
[COLOR="Navy"]
"You had better not act that way toward a lady, kid."[/COLOR] said Greed, the third Humunculi to make an appearance. Lust sighed distainfully. Kazuo was shocked that the man had parried his sword thrust with his arm alone, but did his best to remain calm as he regained his stance.

[COLOR="Navy"]"What are you doing Greed? I could have taken care of him."[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]
"Shouldn't you pay attention to your own problems?" [/COLOR]said Greed. Sure enough, Kuroi was approaching from the right, hefting his huge cleaver over his shoulder. Kazuo smiled at his friend, and struck at Greed, who acted quickly, swiping the blade aside from his arm and kicking Kazuo into a nearby wall. Two kunai daggers flew from the air, aimed at Greed's head, which he barely reflected in time with his right arm, which seemed to be coated in a kind of black glistening metal.
[COLOR="Navy"]
"Ah, have to have a girl watch your back eh kid?"[/COLOR] said Greed as Rin dropped from the roof where she had been crouched.[/COLOR]

Posted by DeeKay

OOC: I call dibs on greed!...Just wanted to call it before one of you took my fun...posting soon!

Posted by Strike

OOC: Lol. =)

Washi grabbed Takeshi by the arm, "Help me." He asked, well, more-or-less commanded, and Takeshi nodded in agreement. Shooting to the right as Shun did, Washi stationed himself in the corner and held his Zanpakuto with both hands in front of him, pointing the blade to the ceiling and closed his eyes. Takeshi took up a defensive stance in front of him, "Snake, snake come swiftly; hither come, thou tiny thing. Let me hear your tiny voice, let me hear you sing! Uta Konmei!"

Takeshi slashed his blade, only a few of the Shinigami noticed the distortion in the air rippling towards Gluttony. With the fear of a snacked-on Shinigami, Takeshi had immediately sought to aid his comrade. The distorted air flew towards Gluttony, Shun was one of the few who noticed it and called it, "Move Yuu!" Shun didn't have to tell him twice, Yuu bound backwards away from Gluttony just as the beast was hit by Takeshi's attack, sending him soaring from his position into the far wall. Gluttony didn't waste time getting right back up, but as he did a shock wave overtook his body and sent him into a quivering pile on the ground as his brain was assaulted by tiny vibrating reishi.

Meanwhile, Washi stood stiff the entire time, muttering his own, very long incantation; his Zanpakuto glowing ever so slightly the entire time...

Shun's eyes, filled with water, muttered nearly incoherently, "Shine...Awaikage..." Holding out his right hand, it began to glow a dim white color as did Gluttony's mouth and stomach. There was a low flash and Shun's Zanpakuto was back to normal. With a very taken aback look, his head neared the blade and nearly dropping it and throwing up, he rushed over to the hole which Yuu had jumped through in case Gluttony came back to attack again.

Posted by DeeKay

[COLOR="Black"]"Hey! Dumbass!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]::Much to Mayumi's amusement, Both Greed and Lust turned to see who Kuroi had been addressing. The tip of Kuroi's finger traced the brim of his bamboo hat before striking toward Greed, letting the homunculi know exactly who he was referring to. Greed straightened, stripping off his leather vest. He stepped forew ard, cracking his neck and smiling. Kazuo, however, utilised Lust's momentary distraction and leapt to the attack. Barely escaping his first strike, Lust leapt free and Kazuo, taking a split moment to nod to his age old friend, leapt after. Kuroi smiled, nodding back and returned his obscured stare back to the foe he'd picked for himself.::[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]"That was a cocky move there, big guy. I bet your blood tastes like peaches."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]::Kuroi's smile intensified, taking on a feral savagery. He brought his massive zanpakuto to his side, his other arm outstretched, motioning Greed to bring it on.::[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]"You never know until you try."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]::Taking his cue, Greed dashed toward Kuroi and swung. Greed's violent blow hit the flat of Kuroi's black blade with a metallic clang. Both men struggled to gain leverage over the other, and Greed's impervious arm slid along Kuroi's Zanpakuto as he pressed in.::[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]"I'm gonna tear you into little chunks and feed you to my friend over there you cocky little bastard."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]::Kuroi, his arms taut, hard as granite, half-laughed, and half-growled his response.::[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]"Then I'll put a little distance between you!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]:With that, Kuroi snapped back the pressure he had been asserting and flash-stepped out of the confrontation before Greed's fist met his body. Greed, off ballance, teetered forw ard. He didn't have the chance to fall, however, as Kuroi appeared behind him, using the flat of his zanpakuto like a baseball bat and slamming it into Greed's lower back, sending his flying into the room the homunculi had just come from. With a defiant huff, Kuroi strode after him, chuckling.::

::IBaraki, who'd been watching and waiting to see whether Kuroi might have needed his help, stared in awe at Kuroi's cocky decorum. He'd seen his Vice Captain fight before, and Kuroi never dissappointed his fans::[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]"Woohoo! Yeah! Kick his arse cappy! ..Err...Vice-Cappy!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]:: Ibaraki Turned to the others, and leapt to join the fray, holding his battle axe like a grand guitar of justice and wailing like a madman. Meanwhile, Mayumi watched as Kuroi left the corridor, her eyes flitting from Kuroi's back, to her friends, who were embroiled in battle with those other enemies. She knew that Kuroi would want to fight this one alone...but then again, he might need her help..::[/COLOR]

Posted by THExhalo

* Seiji, now recoverd from the unsettling jaunt through the door, looked at the scene. He raised his Zanpakuto. *

Seiji:"Awaken. Koori no Youjinbou."

* With a bright flash of frost, the two shields appeared. Seiji jumped infront of the blond haired boy. *

Seiji:"I think it would be best if you stood back for a little bit. Let us haddle this."

Ed:"Are you kidding me? I don't know who you are but you can't beat these things without alchemy."

* Ed clapped his hands together and then dragged his left hand over his right arm. Seiji watched Ed's arm grow a short sword. He rushed off towards Lust. Seiji watched as the suit of armor chased after him. *

Al:"Brother, wait for me."

* Seiji blinked at the resemblence to another set of brothers. Then he jumped over to his brother. Gluttony, in his neverending quest for food, was back. *

Seiji:"Sorry for the wait. Are you ready?"

* Yuu smiled. *

Yuu:"Took you long enough. Yeah, let's do this."

Seiji & Yuu:"Endless blizzard."

* Yuu shot at Gluttony. Gluttony went to punch but his fist met with Seiji's shield. Suddenly, Yuu's blade found itself in Gluttony's side. Gluttony swung at the spot his attacker should be but again found Seiji's shield. Suddenly there was two slashes across Gluttony's back. Gluttony flailed about, each of swings meeting the icy cold shield. With each second, more slashes appeared. After elven seconds the brother's voices rang out. *

Seiji:"This is..."

* Suddenly Gluttony found himself pinned by the shields. Yuu was in the air above him. *

Yuu:"...THE END!"

* Yuu came down, full force, with both of his blades down the center of Gluttony. The creature fell into three pieces. *

Seiji:"Let's check on the others."

Yuu:"Right."

Posted by DeeKay

::BUMP!:: Let's keep it going guys. I wanna post, but it doesn't feel right posting over and over before you guys get to move the story along.

Posted by THExhalo

* Yuu and Seiji caught up to the Ed, Al, and Lust. *

Yuu:"You ready to do this again?"

Seiji:"I can't. You know I can't harm a woman."

Ed:"She's not a woman. She just looks like one. She is a Humunculus. She has no soul."

Seiji:"If you come quietly we won't harm you. We have defeated your fat friend and our vice captain is about to finish your other friend. Please, just give up and come with us."

"Washi has no problem hitting a woman." A voice called out from across the room, catching Seiji's attention. Takeshi smiled and waved in response, than moved slightly to the side, out of Washi's line of sight.

"Without light, there is no darkness...with no evil, there is no good...let's brighten the world Seiken, FLASH!"

Opening his eyes, Washi stepped forward, all eyes upon his shimmering blade. Turning like a baseball player, aiming for a homerun, Washi swung with force enough to send his target into orbit. However, as if an invisible wall had made itself home in Washi's way, his blade caught in mid-stroke and froze. Time...seemed to stand motionless. The opening, a dull ringing; the apex, a sudden burst of wind in all directions; the finish, the room shaking thud as Lust's body smashed against the far wall and cleared through.

Washi dropped down, his blade catching the ground like a crutch and breathing heavy. Takeshi patted his back in congratulations, the attack, seemingly simple enough, was much more complex than it seemed. While filling his Zanpakuto with Reishi, Washi would slowly put his own spirit energy into the combination, thus giving it a unique amount of control. When the colossal wave of energy collides with another, Washi's holds back and provides a second, but much lesser scale, attack (a type of Shikai that excels against defense opponents who think they're safe).

The wall collapsed as the shockwave of Washi's attack burst against it, lapping up like a wave and bringing down what was left of it upon Lust. Were she still alive, she would have some digging to do.

Posted by DeeKay

[COLOR="Indigo"]::Mayumi, Watching her Vice-Captain intently as he followed the one called Greed out of the room, Took careful measure of her fellows. They seemed to be holding their own just fine, and it wasn't outside the realm of possibility that Kuroi might need some help. Silently she slunk toward the hole which Kuroi had stepped through. Her stealth skills here a thing of legend, even to those in Squad 13.::

::Her progress was halted, however, when a rather androgynous woman, around her size, dropped from the ceiling to land in front of her. She had the look of a ninja, and the most vicious, toothy smile Mayumi had ever seen on a woman::[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]"Going somewhere little girl? Maybe you're trying to tip the scales of a fair fight!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]::Mayumi only smiled, drawing her wakizashi-sized Zanpakuto, Shiroi Assarimyoahana. Then, she imitated Kuroi's gesture, beckoning this new devil to come and be slain.::

::Envy smiled.:: [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]"Oh, I do love the chance to slay a cute little girl"[/COLOR]