Turok

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, the demo just went up. Generic shootan... But the dinosaurs were pretty exciting. I wanted a T-Rex. :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Available everywhere but US, Canada and Japan!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You're not missing much. I played it again because I missed some of the dinosaurs. ****ing intolerable. Especially having Slade call Turok a 'rookie'. what the hell, the guy fights dinosaurs for a living.

He's a rookie dinosaur fighter, drr

Posted by Skitzo Control

Yeah, he's only done it for like, what, five games? Psh... rookie.

Posted by muffla

were there any actual dinosaurs in evolution? rember maybe one on the last lvl

Posted by Slade

Quoting The X: Especially having Slade call Turok a 'rookie'. what the hell, the guy fights dinosaurs for a living.

Wait, what?

And this thread made me want to play Turok for the 64. Man that game suuucked.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Slade;807269]Wait, what?
There's a character in the Turok series called Slade.

Quoted post: And this thread made me want to play Turok for the 64. Man that game suuucked.

The original Turok? That game was ****ing awesome. What the hell?

Posted by Dexter

Turok and Turok 2 for the 64 were wonderful games with some scares. Evolution sucked but it certainly had more than a few dinosaurs. I remember the entire first level had nothing but true dinosaurs, me thinks.

Posted by Anti-Muffla

The demo was fun, but I found it pretty challenging near the end. I love the dinosaurs and their AI. It could turn out to be a really fun game! I have to say this Turok demo felt a LOT like the original turok. It feels the same, just better graphics.

So, do those mercenaries still not bleed when you stab 'em? In earlier videos you just saw sparks. Thought that was pretty ****ing stupid.

Posted by muffla

i liked turok 3 for n64 good memories

Posted by Dexter

I think I remember beating Turok 3 in one day. I also remember it being nowhere near as good as 2 or the 1st Turok game. 2 is and probably always will be my favorite. I hardly recall Rage Wars. I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection to complete the Turok games. I think I remember the multiplayer being ok.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The original Turok? That game was ****ing awesome. What the hell?

Actually, I don't remember which one it was. All I know is I played it for less than an hour, and it's pretty likely that I wasn't playing a cool or fun part.

Posted by Zeta

I've only played the second N64 one, and that was back when I was scared as hell of being snuck up on from behind in first persan gaems.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: In earlier videos you just saw sparks. Thought that was pretty ****ing stupid.

ROBOT DINOSAURS!?

This game just got awesome.

Posted by Slade

Quoting The X: There's a character in the Turok series called Slade.

Oh yeah, next time say something like Slade (not to be confused with the REALLY COOL one) yadda yadda yadda

Quoted post: ROBOT DINOSAURS!?

This game just got awesome.

Since when are mercenaries dinosaurs?

Posted by Skitzo Control

I read "robot dinosaurs" and got instant blue balls.:(

Posted by muffla

i dont rember the orginal turok too much, wich was the one where you got a hand held saw blade thing a la van helsing and darksector? that was the one that i spent the most time on

It's the game where you had a bow and arrow and fought dinosaurs

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

i really wished they experimented with the turok license a little more...it could of been kool if they made it a mix between a deer hunter game and a gungle type/ dinosaur ghost recon. they totally garbaged the name..........

and come on stealth kills wit a knife wtf???

They have experimented with Turok. That's why we haven't seen the game in years. People just wanted a regular game from the series.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The original Turok? That game was ****ing awesome. What the hell?

Seconded. That was my first game for the N46. First game I had for any console, actually, since the N64 was my first console.

I dunno, I kind of like Turok. Has a bit of challenge to it in certain parts, and I outright love sneaking up on enemies with the knife. Priceless!

Human enemies need blood. Shooting sparks just draws you out of the experience.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Human enemies need blood. Shooting sparks just draws you out of the experience.

Yeah, that was tad bit annoying.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

i had downloaded the demo a while back. i didn't like it though, i will say that turok evolution was a better made game in my opinion. it had me hooked for a good period of time a while back on the ps2. even though at times the gameplay had some framerate issues. i still enjoyed it

Posted by Dexter

Evolution was the worst one so far. Well, I haven't gotten to play this new one yet but I doubt it's worse. I bet it's a game I could form my opinion on within 5 minutes of experiencing. I miss the old exploration of the older Turok games.