Factor 5 back with Nintendo

Posted by maian

...Kind of. At least, there's a Wii game in the works.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/845/845353p1.html

Kind of exciting, but you never know. I personally hated Rogue Leader 2, and Lair got terrible reviews.

But, you never know. I kind of wish they would make another Rogue Squadron game, or at least, a Star Wars dogfighter. Rogue Leader was awesome, and another amazing Star Wars dogfighter has so much potential.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Factor 5... who cares

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hopefully they can **** up the motion controls on the Wii remote just as badly as they did with the SIXAXIS.

Posted by Speedfreak

Their game design kinda sucks but hey, at least they'll make a graphics engine that, figuratively speaking, will wank over Mark Rein's face.

Liar looked like ****.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't give two shits about Lair, it's a moot point anyway. Rogue Leader looked amazing, and Wii hardware is based on GC hardware. They could use the exact same engine and just throw more stuff at it if they wanted to.

This

[IMG]http://www.the-nextlevel.com/previews/gamecube/star_wars_rebel_strike/rebel_strike9.jpg[/IMG]

(amazingly enough not a bullshot) with higher res textures and more bump mapping = win.

If I know the Wii, which I do, Factor 5's game will look worse than that screenshot. Based on precedent.

But seriously, Factor 5 kinda sucks. Again, Lair was just a really poor game and Rogue Squadron III was good at best (which I think that screenshot is from, in which case that whole part of the game was teeerrrrible.) RSII has been their only notable title in a long time. And before that was another Star Wars game (Naboo?) which was pretty good, but still. It's a Star Wars game in which you fly.

Might as well just make another World War II game or something. It can look as good as it wants, but I don't have high hopes for anything original or particularly fun.

Oh, unless it's PilotWings. If it's PilotWings Factor 5 is awesome.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Speedfreak;805145]Their game design kinda sucks but hey, at least they'll make a graphics engine that, figuratively speaking, will wank over Mark Rein's face.

You're preaching to the converted, I'm just talking about graphics.

Oh well, I can't imagine the graphics looking all that great either. The vast majority of current wii games look worse than most mid to later GC games.

Posted by Speedfreak

If you can't understand why Factor 5 could make an amazing looking Wii game, especially after everything I said, you're either being contrary or are just plain retarded.

I don't like to resort to name calling to make a point any more, but what the hell, man?

Yeah, I realise Factor 5 makes really good looking games (sans Liar) but I'm just, more or less, pointing out the fact that Wii games look like ****. So you could say I'm being "contrary." Really, I just have no faith in third-party developers, no matter their past efforts, when it comes to gameplay and graphics on the Wii. The only developer that can apparently nail both is Nintendo. Otherwise the graphics are sub-par at best, even for a GC effort.

Posted by Speedfreak

Despite Factor 5 calling all other Wii developers lazy when it comes to graphics? Despite that they'd have to do pretty much nothing to make it look better because they already have 2 fully working graphics engines from their 2 Star Wars games?

Again, I just like to point out wii games look awful. And again, graphics don't really matter if the game sucks. And the game doesn't really matter if it's star wars... again. And it's a Wii game, so the graphics can look as good as they want and they still won't be that great.

Oh, and the fact that Factor 5 is pretty hypocritical. Calling developers lazy, shame on them of all people.

But yeah, not sure why this argument is still going on. It's Factor 5.

Posted by Speedfreak

Because assuming because other developers who are yet to fully commit properly to Wii means Factor 5 won't do their trademark awesome graphics on an architecture they already know very well is plain stupid.

Not saying they won't, just that it doesn't really matter at this point and that I don't have faith in Wii developers. Whether any of those developers will make a decent looking game or not is a moot point. I mean, this whole time I've explicitly stated I've been talking about Wii games as a whole, not necessarily Factor 5. So yeah, whatever I guess.

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Vampiro V. Empire;805900]If I know the Wii, which I do, Factor 5's game will look worse than that screenshot. Based on precedent.

A fanboyish comment. Galaxy had better graphics than sunshine. Games made my developers who know how to make Wii games look pretty look better than GC games. Factor 5 is one of those developers.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

What was it Factor 5's prez said back when he decided it was a great idea to develop exclusively for the ps3 this generation? Something about going where the userbase was? I laugh.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Bebop;806064]A fanboyish comment. Galaxy had better graphics than sunshine. Games made my developers who know how to make Wii games look pretty look better than GC games. Factor 5 is one of those developers.
Fanboyism in favour of who, though? I thought his comment was justified, in light of the ****fest that was Lair. You're only as good as your last game, and failing to make a great looking game on the most powerful current-gen console doesn't bode well for them. You can blame it on unfamiliarity with the PS3's architecture, but Factor 5 were capable of making Rogue Leader look beautiful without any prior experience with the Gamecube. The same should have happened with Lair. Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike are half a decade old - no doubt some of the Factor 5 team have moved onto different projects by now.

Posted by Bebop

In their defense Gamcube was the easiest to programme for in the last generation. Wii for this generation. Double so as it's basically a Gamecube :s

Fanboyish? I was just making light of the fact that the GC had many great looking games long before it died, yet the only great looking games I'm seeing on the Wii are either developed or published by Nintendo. That's the only precedent I was talking about.

Posted by Bebop

Fanboyish when you said "lol if i know my Wii it will look worse than GC loloL". The best looking Wii games are Nintendo made but Factor 5 made some pretty pretty GC games too. And on a console that is similar to GC in terms of programming it's a fair bet there'll be lots of bloom.

Quoted post: Fanboyish when you said "lol if i know my Wii it will look worse than GC loloL".

How is that fanboyish?

and you might want to read the rest of the thread for that last bit. Like this bit here:
"I mean, this whole time I've explicitly stated I've been talking about Wii games as a whole, not necessarily Factor 5. So yeah, whatever I guess."

Posted by Bebop

Not really fanboyish I suppose as it's not in support of a console. Trollish I should have said.

Sorry I don't support ****ty games. There's nothing wrong with the Wii, but nearly every third-party game out there is mediocre at best. Really, the only games worth buying or even playing for that matter are the ones, again, made or published by Nintendo. That's it.

Posted by Malevolence

Thankfully though, for people who enjoy Single player, the Nintendo games provide quite a bit of compensation.

Are, you know, have a really great single-player and multiplayer.

Posted by Bebop

Werent Factor 5 supposed to have Pilotwings in the pipeling for GC?

And/or for the Wii. Like I said earlier, if they make PilotWings the game can look as **** as they want.