Black Metal Releases of 2008

Posted by Omni

This album was suppoaed to be out in 2007, but it was delayed for unknown reasons. According to the official Elysian Blaze MySpace, the recording and mixing of the music is complete, and Mutatiis is just creating the cover artwork. It's definitely one of the albums I'm anticipating most in 2008.

Track listing:
[quote][size=1]CD ONE

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: This album was suppoaed to be out in 2007, but it was delayed for unknown reasons.

Like every other huge album in 2007? Man, what was up with that year?

Posted by Shin-Ra

Nyktalgia, Nortt and Mgla come to mind. Imagine when all of those come out this year in addition to Elysian Blaze and Agalloch. This year has some serious potential.

Didn't Nortt come out? Just on vinyl?

Posted by Shin-Ra

I have absolutely no idea. I looked at metal-archives and apparently it's up with tracks and album art. I'd like to find it if it's out.

Posted by Omni

The not limited edition CD isn't out yet. The same thing happened the Kammen by Wyrd, which was the first in that ultra-limited series.

Posted by Omni

Changed the thread title and stickied this.

Forgotten Woods is supposed to be doing a new album with Neige on vocals. That alone should be a welcome change, and their previous vocalist wasn't really unique and Neige is one of the best around. We also haven't really gotten an entire album of black metal with him doing vocals.

Chaos Moon has an album slated to be recorded this year and released late 2008 or early 2009, but Mark Hunter, formerly on synths and clean vocals, departed from Chaos Moon to support Malefic as a session musician for Xasthur. They will have real drums next time, though.

Sad Legend reformed to record a new album which should be out sometime this year.

Quoted post: ut Mark Hunter, formerly on synths and clean vocals, departed from Chaos Moon to support Malefic as a session musician for Xasthur.

That's kinda weird.

Posted by Omni

Esoterica scrapped all the material they were working on for the new album, but said it should still be out on time because he's working on new songs right now. The style should be different than before.

No complaints there. Both albums have a different style, but both were great.

Posted by Omni

Apparently, Zorgh of Darkspace sent out an email to people who contacted the band about the upcoming Dark Space III that indicated it will most likely be out in May of 2008. I'll buy it since I own the others and they're both great.

Here's hoping it more like I and not II. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just not as good.

Posted by Omni

I'm not worried about the quality since we already know it won't be bad since it's Darkspace, but I do wonder what exactly it will sound like. Maybe between I and II would be nice.

It's not the quality, just the structure.

Posted by Slade

I'd prefer something like I. II seemed like Darkspace lite, and was forgettable. But lots of parts of their first stick out in my mind.

Anything else notable coming out? So far, still looking forward to Forgotten Wood's release the most.

edit: Wait, nevermind. Forgot about Mgla and Nyktalgia. 2008 is already the best worst year ever.

Posted by Omni

[IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/35a7s04.jpg[/IMG]

Gangrene is a cool title for an album. His MySpace says it will be out soon.

**** yeah, didn't think it was coming out anytime soon.

Posted by Omni

No officially announced release date, but the fact that it was recorded like 2 years ago and has an album cover makes me think it should be within the next couple of months. It's material from the same sessions as Carriers of Dust, but Vladimir says he thinks it's stronger than that album. The reason it took so long to mix is because he didn't like the guitar tone on the last album and wanted to make it sound fuller.

Two whole years to change the guitar tone. Nice.

Posted by Omni

Hey, My Bloody Valentine took a couple of years and used over 30 producers to get Loveless to sound right, because they weren't satisfied with the way it was coming out. It almost bankrupted their record label just to record that one album. Good thing it was a successful album.

New Nortt's just been torrented.

Posted by Omni

Cool, I'll get it. It's a 2007 album, by the way. :D

Posted by Omni

2 new songs: http://www.myspace.com/mirrorthrone

"So Frail" and "No One by My Side" are amazing. This album's going to be at least as good as Carriers of Dust. I love his vocals so much. Not to mention his guitars and keyboards. He's absolutely phenomenal.

Posted by Slade

Technically, I can see how it's amazing and all, but it does almost nothing for me otherwise. Kind of wish I was into that kind of music, though.

You don't like Mirrorthrone? Did you listen to Carriers?

Posted by Slade

Yeah, from what I remember I liked Carriers more than those two clips. I'll listen to it again soon and see exactly how much I like it. The small drum pattern changes stood out most to me in those two songs. Other than that, idk... Maybe it has something to do with how I don't like Ayreon either?

Posted by Slade

Yeah, I like Carriers way more than those clips. It's ****ing awesome. Wonder what it was that made me not like them...

Posted by Omni

I think the new songs sound pretty great. They were all recorded at the same time as the ones for Carriers of Dust. The vocals on "So Frail" are some of the best I've heard from him, too.

Posted by Omni

Oh, and Moribund Cult has the new Leviathan set for March 24th European release date and March 25th in the US according to their main page. It's about time.

March is such a ****ing good month.

Posted by Omni

Leviathan - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life:

Track listing:
[quote]1. Sacred Scars
2. Seamless Garment As The Morning
3. Last Breath Of Expiation
4. 6116
5. Phosphoros
6. Flagellum Raised To The Sky
7. Sanies Obnuntio

Posted by Slade

Gnarly.

Quoted post: Flagellum Raised To The Sky

Flagellum vs. Skinny Fists

Pretty lame cover art compared to basically all his other ones.

Posted by Omni

[quote=Nocturno Culto]here we go. After some months with making riffs, recording, working, planning and generally having a blast, I suddenly remembered there's somthing called MySpace. Yeah, we have recorded 4 songs for the next album "Dark Thrones And Black Flags", we sort of tried to keep the title "hidden", but my mouth ran over talking to Metal Hammer (****!!!), so anyways, that's the title, and NO, it's not punkish you bastards, it's METAL TO THE BONE!!! I tell ya, what we allow ourself to do these days....riff wise I mean. IT'S A BLOODY FEAST!!!! The plan is to have the final recordings ready in July at latest. I know I know, this album comes fast, but not to worry, we'll use just a tad more time on the album after that. Again I'll thank you all for great response, and I'll soon update the picture section......WOW

Apparently it will be a regular Darkthrone black metal album, or something similar anyway.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

They didn't say it would be Black Metal, but Metal of some variety none the less.

FOAD was more inspired by oldschool Metal than it was by Punk.

That said, I don't think Darkthrone is just planning on making a FOAD II.

For all we know, it could end up being Death Metal like Darkthrone's first album!

Of course that isn't very likely, but they have been liking to surprise people lately.

Posted by Omni

Shining announces a new album.

King Ov Hell (Gorgoroth) will play session bass for the band's upcoming album. The band will enter the studio on April 28 to begin recording their new album, "Tillbaka P

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Looking forward to hearing that! :)

Posted by Omni

They don't even disappoint. I'll wager that Nattefrost, Attila Csihar and Maniac are three out of six, along with Kvarforth, of course. The other two should be interesting, and I'm curious as to who else he can get to work on this album.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Good guesses!

Heres a few of mine:

Nocturno Culto and Neige

No, and no. Omni's guesses are a lock, at least Kvar's lover, Maniac, is guaranteed. Though I'd be mighty upset if back to square one means he's going back to something more like his earlier work. Though not bad.... no thanks.

Posted by Omni

As much as I wish Neige would be on this, I already have my doubts that he ever would be, even though I know he's a fan of Shining and has been to see them live.

Nocturno Culto would be hilarious, but I know it won't happen.

I picked Attila since he's performed live with them before, and he does guest vocals on everything. I'm really looking forward to him working with Shining, since I think it would work out really well.

Nattefrost was at their most infamous show, and his whole disgusting image seems like something that Kvarforth would really go for, so he's also a pretty likely choice.

Maniac's pretty much a given, so if he's not on there, I'd be amazed. I actually thought he sounded pretty good when he was on stage with them at Le Romandie, so hopefully he'll keep that up in studio.

I like their older music, but their last two albums are definitely my favorites. Hopefully that title doesn't mean that they're going to take several steps backward. Even if it does, it should still be good with all those different vocalists on it, as long as they're good.

Posted by Omni

Blut aus Nord announces the tracklisting for Memoria Vetusta II - Dialogue With the Stars!

1. Disciple’s Libration (Lost in the Nine Worlds)
2. Antithesis of the Flesh (...And Then Arises a New Essence)
3. The Alcove of Angels (Vipassana)
4. ...The Meditant (Dialogue With the Stars)
5. Acceptance (Aske)
6. Translucent Body of Air (Sutta Anapanasati)
7. The Formless Sphere (Beyond the Reason)
8. The Cosmic Echoes of Non-Matter (Immaterial Voices of the Fathers)
9. Elevation (The Dawn of the Gods)

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I totally can't wait to hear that!

Blut Aus Nord consistently releases high quality music, and I have every reason to believe this will be good as well.

Posted by Omni

Here's the artwork for Groza by Mgła:
[IMG]http://static.metal-archives.com/images/1/9/2/2/192294.gif[/IMG]

There's going to be 4 songs, and a total length of 36 minutes. You can listen to a sample [URL="http://www.hatepropaganda.org/mgla/mgla-groza-03.mp3"]here[/URL].

Gar, it looks like you won't have to wait too much longer.

Posted by Slade

I'm super duper really looking forward to that.

Posted by Omni

There's going to be so many good albums coming out.

Posted by Omni

I Shalt Become will release a new album on May 6th. The title is Requiem, and it will be available through Moribund Cult and Darker Than Black Records. You can listen to a song from this album titled "Enigma" on [URL="http://www.myspace.com/ishaltbecome"]his MySpace[/URL]. The track listing is as follows:

1. Intro - 1:27
2. An Atteridgeville Horror - 6:32
3. Cleansed - 5:37
4. Enigma - 2:46
5. The Corpse in the Forest - 1:33
6. Seven Days to Dead (Instrumental) - 3:34
7. The Casket Letters - 4:54
8. Beggars Belief - 2:42
9. Want - 4:28
10. Outro - 2:20

Total playing time: 35:53

One more thing: This is actually a new recording.

Posted by Omni

Kroda's releasing an exclusive CD in 2008 to celebrate 5 years of the band's existence. It will apparently include a video interview with the most popular questions people have sent to the band over the years.

Posted by Omni

Darkspace has a medley available for streaming on [URL="http://www.myspace.com/darkcyberspace"]their MySpace[/URL] composed of material from the upcoming Dark Space III, which will be released on May 30th. They'll be performing a live concert that same night at 11 PM in Bern, Switzerland, and the setlist will be based off of the material recorded for the upcoming album. Tickets are on sale for 18.00

Posted by Omni

The new Wyrd demo song called "Inside" brings back a lot of the ambience his older music had compared to the newer stuff, which is good, but I hope the final version has growls instead of those clean vocals. It should be better than his last few albums, I hope.

Posted by Omni

[quote=Forgotten Woods]NEWS:

Tracklist for PIG. will be something like this:

THIS MUTANT NO LONGER SHIVERS

EVERYBODY KNOWS I LOVE YOU

WELCOME PERVERSITY

THE IDIOT EQUIVALENT

SWINE VS. SWINE

ITS PLAIN TO SEE

THE NIGHT AND THE DEVIL

Exploring the wants and needs of the flesh. No logic, only images.

Performers on PIG. will be Olav Berland, Nylon, Neige and R.

:D

Posted by Slade

daaaaaamnnnn

Posted by Omni

I preordered Dark Space III, so I'll have that soon after it comes out.

Arckanum is releasing his first full-length album since about 10 years ago, too.

lol those are bad titles. Yet, awesome.

Posted by Omni

I agree about the song titles.

Dark Space III is incredible. I'll upload it later.

Posted by Omni

The title of the new Shining album has changed. It's now going to be called VI: Klagopsalmer.

Album art:
[IMG]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7032/201221ie3.jpg[/IMG]

Track listing:
1. Vilseledda Barnasj

I liked there's last album art better. This one is pretty generic!

Posted by Omni

I actually like that style of art a lot, just not the particular picture. It's not as bad as a few other covers by them. The yawning one in the bottom left makes it funny.

Posted by Omni

http://www.myspace.com/rutonkantaja1155

Old Wyrd is back! Well, pretty much anyway. This sounds incredible. I'm glad he decided to do this.

That's not old Wyrd. It's just a different new Wyrd. I hear a few things from their early albums but the vocals continue to sound like the newer material and the drums and guitars are less... folky.

Posted by Omni

Which is why I said it wasn't exactly the same. It's still a step in the right direction and nice to hear compared to his newer music.

Posted by Omni

The new Xasthur will be out next month if everything goes according to plans. This is confirmed by Mark Hunter of Nostalgia, who will be providing ambient keyboards, some vocals and other contributions to the album. I don't know the album title yet.

That was fast.