Far Too Early: Who's going to PAX?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I am. I'm flying into NYC on or around August 25th and then road trippin' it across the country to get to Seattle. Anyone else planning on going?

Posted by s0ul

I am, as a matter of fact. I should be trippin' over to Seattle with a couple friends of mine, if all goes as planned.

TOO SOOOON.

Posted by Ant

of all things...pax? laaaaaame

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Had to look it up. Is it really that popular/great that you'd travel all the way over here for it?

I won't be going. Not my thing.

Posted by s0ul

You guys just don't understand!!

Posted by Roger Smith

Someone explain this.

Posted by s0ul

How the hell do a bunch of people on a video game forum not know what this is or want to go??

Posted by Ant

penny arcade sucks. that would be my main reason. and they don't really have all that much there.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd rather go and visit Ant.[spoiler]THAT'S HOW BAD IT IS LOLOLOL[/spoiler]

Not all that much there? It's the biggest game festival in the US, you madman.

Quoting s0ul: I am, as a matter of fact. I should be trippin' over to Seattle with a couple friends of mine, if all goes as planned.

TOO SOOOON.

You should join up with the CCST if you can. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=46037

Posted by Skitzo Control

I wish I could, but no go, 'cause nobody's coming up north through Red Bluff, as I said mournfully on PA forums.:(

Posted by Echo

I'd really like to get up there this year, but as of right now I don't have any plans. I'll have to check and see if there is a group heading up from Atlanta.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting s0ul: How the hell do a bunch of people on a video game forum not know what this is or want to go??

Because most of us have lives and can't be bothered with anything that is even remotely fun.

Posted by s0ul

what?

Posted by Slade

Whoa, I didn't even know this existed. I live about half an hour from the Couer d'Alene, ID stop. Might be fun!

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting s0ul: ...

what?

idk

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wait, it's in Seattle? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. My dad lives there and he's dying to get me down. When is it exactly?

Posted by s0ul

Late August, I'm pretty sure.

Oh, that works out pretty well. That around the time he wants me to come down because apparently it's the best month in terms of weather.

ALL RIGHT!

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;805103]Wait, it's in Seattle? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. My dad lives there and he's dying to get me down. When is it exactly?

So does my father.. but, I'm in no apparent rush to see either him.. or THIS.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd go... But Under-21s have to pay a $1000 deposit for car rental. **** ****

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oh, that works out pretty well. That around the time he wants me to come down because apparently it's the best month in terms of weather.

ALL RIGHT!

DUDE YEAH. Then I'd definitely go. Beats any other method of hanging out with VGCers.

Quoting The X: I'd go... But Under-21s have to pay a $1000 deposit for car rental. **** ****

Where would you fly into the states at?

Quoting The X: I'd go... But Under-21s have to pay a $1000 deposit for car rental. **** ****

Hey buddy, fly to Winnipeg and we can drive down there! It'd only take like, two days to get there. Actually, Vamp could pick us up ROAD TRIP!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wait, if I arrived in Winnipeg and moved across into America, I don't need any special papers or anything, right? It's like crossing between Scotland and England?

Posted by cool gamer dad

man, I'd totally hit this up if you guys wanted to hang out or something. As long as you guys promised to give Slade and me some private time. ;3

Posted by Skitzo Control

Like I said, if anybody's coming up I-5, I'll be all over that like Cats on Slade. :)

Posted by Slade

I-90 HOLLA. Actually, to get to the nearest stop, I have to head away from Seattle for 40 miles. But every cross-country route goes right by Spokane, where I live. So someone should pick me up! :cool:

Quoted post: As long as you guys promised to give Slade and me some private time. ;3

I am aroused and terrified.

Posted by S

Quoting The X: Wait, if I arrived in Winnipeg and moved across into America, I don't need any special papers or anything, right? It's like crossing between Scotland and England?

New thing implimented really soon: You need a passport to cross the border from America to Canada, and the vice.

It hasn't happened yet, and keeps getting pushed back. You do need a passport for air travel, though. Not really sure how it would work for you. I'd probably get a passport anyhow. Mine should be arriving soonish.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I already have a passport, so that's cool. I was just curious, what with America's immigration laws, if I would need anything special to travel into the USA.

Quoted post: Actually, Vamp could pick us up ROAD TRIP!

Cats is coming down here and then we're traveling up to Winnipeg.

WAIT, I'm seeing Peste Noire in August. So we'd be going to Quebec and then going to Winnipeg and then going to Seattle. Man, that's going to be one awesome month.

Quoted post: I already have a passport, so that's cool. I was just curious, what with America's immigration laws, if I would need anything special to travel into the USA.

ID and that's it. Like, right now I don't have a passport so I drive to buffalo and then fly out to somewhere in America to avoid all that ****. Plus, immigration on the boarders is WAY easier to deal with.

Posted by cool gamer dad

OH YEAH. Almost forgot. So fly to your place and kick it with you for awhile, then go see Peste Noire, then to to Winnipeg to pick up the poor guy(s) that missed out on Peste Noire, then travel to Seattle and chill with the crew.

Totally do-able too. August? I'm not doing anything important.

Better save up! It's going to cost a lot of money. We're essentially traveling from one side of Canada to the other.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Slade: So someone should pick me up! :cool:

I'll do it if my friends and I end up road-trippin' it. I don't know yet though. If so, definitely, but we may fly.

Where does Slade live?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Last time I checked, a remote family cabin in the wilderness.

in what state though

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The one with the mountains.

Oh, ok.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Washington, jee wizz.

Posted by Slade

SPOKANE, WASHINGTON. I live in the middle of a town, now, and like five minutes from I-90.

Quoting s0ul: I'll do it if my friends and I end up road-trippin' it. I don't know yet though. If so, definitely, but we may fly.

Suh-weet. So who else could possibly pick me up, in case this doesn't work? Better yet, is anyone positive they'll be driving by?

I don't even know where washington is. so a lot of good that did

Hell, this just turned into VGC Crashes Penny Arcade.

I can't wait.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I don't even know where washington is. so a lot of good that did

hopefully you're not going to be navigator. Btw, I-90 goes all the way from Seattle to New York, so you could easily get on it sooner and take the fast track east->west across the glorious land of america(!!).

Oh. Seattle's IN Washington. Man, good thing I found this out before I traveled there. But yeah, if I do go, I'll be driving through that way most likely. My Dad live in Bellevue and Spokane is more or less on the way.

Posted by Stalolin

drive up to Couer d'Alene for vgcers?

or to seattle?

hrm, don't know if want

Posted by Ant

lol I could always just say I want to go visit my family up there.

but penny arcade sucks...

hrm, don't know if want.

Posted by netman

i'm not going!

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Slade:

Suh-weet. So who else could possibly pick me up, in case this doesn't work? Better yet, is anyone positive they'll be driving by?

Yeah, if you're serious about going I'll let you know what we decide, eh?