Your first concert

Posted by neonmole

What was the first live concert you ever went to? Mine was Spice Girls about 9 or 10 years ago now!

Posted by Xero

Mine was The Rolling Stones about 5 years ago :)

Posted by Panic!

I've never been to one before. I mean, unless you count talent shows at the high school where 1 or 2 local bands play in between acts.

Posted by Shade

Vans Warped Tour 2006 in Columbus.

**** sucked.

Posted by Omni

My little sister goes to see that every year. Did you go to see 3 Doors Down or what?

Posted by Omni

Oh, and it's totally cool since I've seen a ton of Christian rock bands live, and Fall Out Boy and Simple Plan twice.

Posted by Red

Projekt revolution last summer... it had like 12 bands I think hmmm

Linkin Park
MyChemicalRomance
Him
Placebo
Juilien-K (lol someone in that band reminded me of a nobody from KH2)
Taking back Sunday (the singer actually did some cool **** with the mic)
The Bled
Madina Lake
Saosin
Styles of Beyond
and Mindless self indulgence :)

Posted by Slade

Only real concert I've ever been to was the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Portland. Other than that, all the shows I've seen have been in churches.

edit: and not the first unitarian one!

Posted by Shade

Quoting Queen: My little sister goes to see that every year. Did you go to see 3 Doors Down or what?

Wrong kind of music.

And **** yeah I should totally see 3 Doors Down once they start touring again.

Posted by Omni

I don't get why you like them. They're like a Southern version of Nickelback.

Posted by Shade

Why does anyone like the music they listen to? Because I like their sound.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Bush X I believe around 1997. Never did like the band, but my dad got my sister and her friends some tickets and one of the security guys let me and my dad in for whatever reason. I don't remember much of it though.

After that would be Supertramp a year later.

Posted by Richaod

My first big one was the Big Day Out festival last year... with Tool, Muse, The Killers, Jet (eww), John Butler Trio, Trivium (they played well, although the fact that Master of Puppets got the biggest reception says everything about them), My Chemical Romance etc. Worth it just for Muse and Tool, really.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Aside from ****ty local bands, nothing. It was supposed to be Therion a couple years ago, then Leaves' Eyes this April, but both bands canceled. Nightwish is supposed to be coming (right lol) but I'm not even sure I want to go anymore, not unless it's Tarja.

Posted by Shade

Which it won't be. New girl's better anyway.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Hives, and then The Killers later that week in 2004. The Killers concert ended prematurely because of a mini-riot.

Posted by Shin-Ra

3 Doors Down when I was 14. Awful show.

Quoting Shade: Vans Warped Tour 2006 in Columbus.

Warped Tour 2006 did suck, but I really enjoyed seeing NoFX. Every other band was terrible. I wanted to go last year to see Bad Religion and Tiger Army, but it just wasn't worth the price.

Posted by Shade

Eh, Anti-Flag didn't put on too bad a show. They still suck, but I wasn't hating being there during that one.

Posted by Dexter

I think it was...Offspring? Maybe Jewel.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Rush about 5 years ago. It would have been pretty amazing had it been louder. I mean, it's my first concert, and I still think it's too quiet? Jee wizz.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Shade: Which it won't be. New girl's better anyway.

Regardless of whether you prefer her or not (I love both, although I generally think of Tarja as the voice of Nightwish because Once is my favourite album), you can't deny that Anette can't pull off live singing as effortlessly as Tarja did. They've had to detune on a couple of older songs like Wishmaster as well, which is especially annoying because I can actually tell.

I'm still looking forward to their show later this month, but I have some doubts (also because Dream Theater are playing the day before them :P).

Posted by Corrupt

Saw Infected Mushroom and Junkie XL back on June 24th, 2005 with a certain other VGCer. Had a blast, though admittedly that's one of the only concerts I've been to in my life (aside from seeing Beck in early '06, which was also great). Of course, once my inevitable 21st birthday comes around in a couple of weeks, that'll soon change, as I'll have so much more open to me than before.

Posted by Kamek

Bamboozle this past April. I definitely liked it. Saw bands like Taking Back Sunday, Linkin Park, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Yellowcard, Relient K, Secondhand Serenade, Daphne Loves Derby, Fair to Midland (which was amazing), Sherwood, Weird Al, Jedi Mind Tricks etc etc. I also went to the Knitting Factory last February to catch Daphne Loves Derby, Paulson, Walking Ashland and a few other bands.

Posted by Linkman

Trans-Siberian Orchestra this past December. I wont be forgetting it anytime soon. Worth every penny of the $60 cost of admission. Lol, here's some video from it (finale):

[youtube=nrBj1DGkojc]nrBj1DGkojc[/youtube]

certainly makes me regret missing them this year.

Posted by Shade

"Hey David I'm gonna go buy some TSO concert tickets right now" - Is what my dad said to me.

One week later.

"Haha forgot to buy tickets and now they're sold out whoops!"

Posted by G-Sides

for such a musical community i'm fairly appalled at the lack of shows most of you have seen! i know i've seen at LEAST 30-40 big/growing bands or artists or acts whatever seen my first show (audioslave) in 01. get on them concerts, vgc

Haven't been to any major concert in a few months. But every year I go to around 100 or so.

Posted by tina.anderson

My first concert was Bad Company about eight years ago.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

I was 15, not yet really into music yet, and Weird All was on tour. The rest just kinda happened.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Hyperactive Poster: I was 15, not yet really into music yet,

!?!?!?!? how is that even possible =-O

Posted by Synth2012

Quoting Richaod: Regardless of whether you prefer her or not (I love both, although I generally think of Tarja as the voice of Nightwish because Once is my favourite album), you can't deny that Anette can't pull off live singing as effortlessly as Tarja did.

I really dislike the new girl. Tarja had an amazingly powerful voice that I definitely miss.

Anyways, technically my first concert was Cher. It was for my stepmom's birthday and I was about 8 I think.

My first concert for myself was, I think, The White Stripes.

The best concerts I've seen are KMFDM, VNV Nation, Marilyn Manson, Combichrist (opening for KMFDM), Front 242 and Bob Dylan (Dad's birthday. Much better than stepmom's. :P)

Bauhaus came to Cleveland a while back and I really wanted to go, but no ride. That would have been amazing.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

Quoting G-Sides: !?!?!?!? how is that even possible =-O

Easily possible.

Posted by keyartist

My First concert was the TMNT concert, when I was 5, as for music, I think it was when I was 18 and it was a Kutless concert, also featuring Falling up, Disiple, and Stelar Kart.

Posted by Slade

Quoting keyartist: Kutless concert, also featuring Falling up

fuqk yeah, christian rock. Funny thing is I've seen Kutless once and Falling Up 2-3 times. Wish I could remember the name of this one christian band... they had a mammoth bassist. His hair was almost touching the ground, he looked like he could bench 350 lbs, and he spent far more time headbanging viciously than he did playing the bass.

Posted by keyartist

Don't know?