Megaman X Collection

Posted by ZOSO

Ohhh man, was i so happy to find this. I could never find the megaman x collection game for gamecube, i thought it was a rumor at one point, but sure enough, i found it used at gamestop. **** right i bought it, and its sick. If you can come accross this, this is a must have. megaman x 1-6 plus a secret unlockable game.

Posted by Arcadios

Couldn't just get it for PS2 or Xbox? :cookie:

Posted by Roger Smith

I got mine on GC only cuz it's the only one they had. PS2 version is superior mainly because the buttons aren't in awkward positions.

Posted by Zeta

Switch the Dash button to L on the GCN and it's smooth sailing.

Posted by Roger Smith

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/Gamecubecontroller.jpg[/IMG]

I use the X to dash, A to jump and B to shoot. I do it same as the PS2 controller. My 1st finger is curled on the circle button, which is dash. Thumb is mapped to X and square, which is jump and shoot respectively.

Posted by Ant

as for the start button? well, it can go to hell.

Posted by ZOSO

Quoting Roger Smith: PS2 version is superior mainly because the buttons aren't in awkward positions.

thats true, i wasnt to fond of the buttons. but ive been messing with it trying to make it more comfortable.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting ZOSO: Ohhh man, was i so happy to find this. I could never find the megaman x collection game for gamecube, i thought it was a rumor at one point, but sure enough, i found it used at gamestop. **** right i bought it, and its sick. If you can come accross this, this is a must have. megaman x 1-6 plus a secret unlockable game.

hahaha i bought it brand new two years ago and the funniest thing is that it never came out over here

also mega man battle and chase is hardly a secret when it's emblazoned on the back of the box

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/bazariah/mmxcovergc.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Linko_16

Battle and Chase: The most awesome terrible game I never played until then.

Posted by Red

**** I miss that game, I played all of them up to X6 got to one of the last bosses then stopped :(. and wow RS your controller config is MESSED UP.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Roger Smith: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/Gamecubecontroller.jpg[/IMG]

I use the X to dash, A to jump and B to shoot. I do it same as the PS2 controller. My 1st finger is curled on the circle button, which is dash. Thumb is mapped to X and square, which is jump and shoot respectively.

thats how i hold my junk .... I mean controller .... :)

Posted by David M. Awesome

I used the L and R buttons for dash and attack, respectively, with Z for Giga Attack, A for jump, and everything else was just miscellaneous.

Posted by magikage

i think ill buy

Posted by bazariah

Quoting magikage: i think ill buy

good idea :-D

I tried to play MegaMan X on an emulator once. Didn't work too well because you can't push more than three buttons at once on a keyboard. I've got MegaMan X and X2 for SNES, and would still like to get a copy of X3 just because it's so awesome, and have X4 for PC and X5 for Playstation (which I don't even have one of anymore). I mostly just bought the collection so that I could have all of the games in one place and not have to go digging them out of their boxes every time I wanted to play them. Plus, being able to save on the first three games is very nice.

Posted by CS Ryan

Emulators are fine, you just need REALLY TWISTED FINGERS to do it right. (Points at self.)

I don't think twisted fingers has anything to do with it, my issue was keyboard input overload from holding five buttons at once.

Posted by CS Ryan

Mine overloads from 3. 5 would be a ***send.

Oh come on, you censor G.O.D.!?

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Red: and wow RS your controller config is MESSED UP.

Works for me.

Posted by Imaginary Friend

Eh, Megaman X was a semi-good collection. I bought mine for GCN mainly because I also had Anniversary Collection on it and I like to keep games on their respective console.

It was worth the buy for X 1-3, but I've never been a fan of X games after that. Though X4 is pretty fun to speed run on. But meh, Anniversary Collection far outdid it. More and better games. And lol @ Battle & Chase.

Posted by AbsoluteZero

The Megaman X Collection is one of my favorites for the Gamecube. I enjoy playing all the games on it and have done so for many hours..