Any one receive E-mails from here??!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Like from subscribed threads, PM notifications, other members...??

I think another cause of a slow server is sendmail, aka, i think my server is also being used as a SPAM generator some how! If I ever figure out how to get mail from here, I'll try turning that off...if you can still receive E-mail from here.

*Subscribes to thread.*

Posted by Omni

I don't get email from here. I have it enabled as far as I'm aware.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I get a notification from my hotmail account whenever someone posts in a thread I've posted in. When the site was slow it'd just send them all at once when it got back up to speed. Was pretty annoying.

Posted by Omni

It'd annoy me even if I got them at regular speed. I don't subscribe specifically for that reason.

Posted by Omni

Oh, and I hope Jesse is getting an extra email from this post.

Meh, it automatically subscribes and it doesn't really bother me. Don't really notice it anymore.

Actually, now looking at my hotmail account, I have 9,621 emails in my VGC folder. Haha, oh wow...

Posted by Xero

Nope. I recieved nothing.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Gah!!!!! No, I havn't got an E-Mail for this thread!!! I even changed from a Gmail E-Mail address to my local old ISP E-mail address, just incase Gmail called the site SPAM!!!!

I've even tried da 'Contact Us' link at da bottom, and [url=http://www.vgchat.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=1]send message[/url] page!!!! grrrr!!!!!

I have:

[IMG]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7122/vgcmailen5.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Linkman

That could be it. The mail function is one of those PHP functions that lags a lot, especially if set_time_limit is disabled (set to 0) and max_execution_time in php.ini is set too high. If something is using your server to send multiple SPAM emails, it would strain it, bad. Way to protect our e-mail addresses, Jesse.

lern 2 webmaster!! :mad:

And lol Vamp, you post too much.

Posted by Omni

I'm posting to make CJ get another email. Also, hopefully Jesse will be getting one, too.

Posted by Jesse Smith

grrrr!!!! No, I'm not geting da E-mails!!!!!

Quoting Linkman: Way to protect our e-mail addresses, Jesse.

Newsflash: You don't need access to a mySQL database to use a server as a SPAM generator.

Posted by Panic!

No, I don't receive emails. I have mine set so it subscribes to threads but I get no email notification.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now I'm geting E-mails! I'm not sure if it was from changing the forum admin E-mail, or an E-mail setting! Changing my accounts E-mail address didn't fix it!

Posted by Jesse Smith

psst, it would help if you didn't use a fake n64.com*gmail.com E-Mail address.

Posted by Roger Smith

neosnake, we miss you here at VGC!

Posted by Roger Smith

idk

Posted by G-Sides

WE REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS TOWARDS A BETTER FORUM EXPERIENCE HERE AT VIDEO GAME CHAT, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting n64 man: Either it's a glitch or the mails get sent at the end of the day.... which I'll be finding out soon...

er....they are being sent to me, and you're da only one to subscribe to threads where they get sent to me!!!!!!!!! aka...it let me unsubscribe you from the posts 'wanna finaly see me?','Extreme Morons and forum trolls are banned forever!', and 'Chrono Trigger DS'!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Edit: And then I get an E-mail after making dis post!!! *Unsubscribes you from dis thread!!!*