Wii Need Guns

Posted by Panic!

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I didn't see it. I thought it was pretty cool.

Apparently, Nintendo is planning some [url=http://ces.cnet.com/8301-13855_1-9845325-67.html?tag=head]new gun controller[/url] accessories for the Wii. The shotgun and the Magnum stand out to me.

What do you think?

Posted by maian

IT MAKES ME WANT TO MURDER SOME COPS

Posted by Linko_16

Really no point to it... as long as you have one gun-shaped controller for your FPS games, why waste money on more of the same product in a different shape? I mean, you might get one or two for the novelty or aesthetic quality of it, but you'd have to have money to burn to even consider such a thing.

Posted by Panic!

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

Also, a friend on another forum made the point that in a lot of games you switch weapons a lot and it would be kind of weird to be holding a machine gun on the screen and firing a shotgun at the screen, and it would just be a huge hassle to pause the game and switch guns.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Quoting Retropusso: Yeah, I see what you're saying.

Also, a friend on another forum made the point that in a lot of games you switch weapons a lot and it would be kind of weird to be holding a machine gun on the screen and firing a shotgun at the screen, and it would just be a huge hassle to pause the game and switch guns.

True dat true dat. Haha but I would totally buy ONE of these not 2 not 3 but one. They look cool but I would't blow like 200$ for a cheap novilty.

Posted by Malevolence

When I saw the Magnum I thought of [URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=7myzXYb208M"]this.[/URL]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Nintendo is planning

Nintendo? Doubt that. The Zapper looks like it does because Nintendo doesn't want a realistic looking design. And the Zapper suffered for it.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Nintendo? Doubt that. The Zapper looks like it does because Nintendo doesn't want a realistic looking design. And the Zapper suffered for it.

What games utilized the Zapper to an appealing degree?

None. That's my point. It's not a good accessory. It adds nothing to the game and largely the Wiimote feels more comfortable to use.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: None. That's my point. It's not a good accessory. It adds nothing to the game and largely the Wiimote feels more comfortable to use.

Well it does come with... Link's crossbow training! Obviously a great selling point.

Posted by Arcadios

Kinda pointless to have tall those guns. =/

Posted by muffla

i kinda like the smg (bottom left) its ust the trigger has to be on the back handle. but yea these are pretty pointless

Quoted post: Well it does come with... Link's crossbow training! Obviously a great selling point.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles?

Posted by Linko_16

I haven't tried holding a zapper or any other gun accessory in my hands, but I think a gun-shaped controller would feel a little better for me while playing FPS's. Without any real advantage to it, however, I'd avoid it unless I could get it free.

Unfortunately the Zapper isn't designed like a gun. So it's not the most comfortable accessory.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles?

I'd rather have that. :(