Possible leaked brawl info?

Posted by maian

Eh, who knows, but I figured it was worth a post.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

This guy's doing a "Smash Bros. Dojo 2", in which he, too, will update every day concerning some information from Brawl. If it were indeed real, it has some very tasty information.

Pros:
[list]
[*]Eh, he seems intelligent
[*]He's going to hold back from spoiling new characters and stuff
[*]The info seems quite plausible and realistic
[/list]

Cons:
[list]
[*]No pictures
[*]No evidence
[*]Isn't a leaker more likely to dump everything at once, like the Melee leaker so long ago?
[/list]
Anyway, it's at least worth a look. I would love to believe it, but there's so many reasons not to.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I find it weird he'd know Smash 64 characters are hidden, but has no clue which are even included in the game.

Posted by maian

Questionable poster aside, I think it is plausible that all previous secrets will be secrets in this game. I mean, every character revealed thus far has been there from the beginning, and that's decent explanation as to why Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, and perhaps even Ness haven't been confirmed, as well as any secret characters from Melee.

I sure would love Young Link again. :(

Posted by Kit

Quoting maian: [list][*]A Smashboarder says he's from the UK. Unless this is some sick practical joke, The X posted a picture of Brawl purchased from the UK. WHAT'S HAPPENING GUYS
[/list]

In the brawl news thread? It was bought at an EB Games, which aren't in the UK. :)

I'm just going to assume he's making it up. He hasn't proven anything since he's only referred to his 'sources' and not cited them, so I'd just ignore him.
Even if he is somehow right, it doesn't change anything.

Quoted post: He hasn't proven anything since he's only referred to his 'sources' and not cited them

Which makes sense though. Many journalists, for example, will never cite their sources because of how much trouble they could get them into. Chances are if someone was leaking information out of Nintendo and this kid cited someone's name specifically they'd find themselves jobless pretty quick.

Posted by Panic!

[quote=maian;802835]I mean, every character revealed thus far has been there from the beginning, and that's decent explanation as to why Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, and perhaps even Ness haven't been confirmed

Jigglypuff, Ness, Marth and Roy have been confirmed not returning, I believe. That's what it said in GamePro this month.

Posted by maian

I'm pretty sure if that was confirmed, we would have heard about it by now. In fact, I'm not sure if any characters have even been officially deconfirmed. There's strong implications as to who's probably leaving, but no official word, except possibly in the Lucas update, I can't really remember.

EDIT: Yeah, Ness hasn't been deconfirmed, either. Sakurai says "Will he be able to surpass even Ness?" Which implies he may be replaced.

Haha, wow. People have been talking about him as a character for a really long time. Can't believe it actually happened. Very cool.

Posted by Panic!

You're right. I just reread the article and it's not confirming anything, simply stating that certain characters seem to have been replaced.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Jigglypuff not returning is plausible enough - Pikachu does, after all, have Jigglypuff and Pichu's alternative costumes. Ness is most likely gone, too. We know Luigi is coming back, thanks to the E for All rep, and one of the Alloys is a Captain Falcon wireframe. PROBLEM SOLVED

Posted by Linko_16

Skipping by without reading anything in this thread, I'm actually going to ignore this guy, even if he is legit. I think Sakurai is trying to give us just what we need to know to keep the game a suspenseful experience, and since I relish that feeling, I don't want extra information to ruin it.

Posted by Iris

[quote=The X;802982]Jigglypuff not returning is plausible enough - Pikachu does, after all, have Jigglypuff and Pichu's alternative costumes. Ness is most likely gone, too. We know Luigi is coming back, thanks to the E for All rep, and one of the Alloys is a Captain Falcon wireframe. PROBLEM SOLVED

Actually, Pikachu's alt isn't Jigglypuff's. It's one of the trainer's headbands. Jigglypuff's was a plain green bandana, like a Ninja Turtle. Pikachu's is much different and resembles a gym leader like his other costumes do.

Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and just discredit this guy because of his name and not read anything he says. He's definitely not the first "info leaker" who guessed a correct update or two.

Posted by O.T.L

man ! i hope there are pokemon trainer bosses, that would be cool just to see what pokes they would use....

So there's this kid posting on 4chan that has predicted everything perfectly so far this week. Kinda believed it at Multi-man, then really believed it yesterday. Oddly enough, I'd trust him more than this kid.

Posted by Ant

pics or it didn't happen

the op took a screenshot of the original thread and reposted it last night but I didn't save it. So it didn't happen.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Iris:

Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and just discredit this guy because of his name and not read anything he says. He's definitely not the first "info leaker" who guessed a correct update or two.

Well it's rather clear the guy isn't an idiot based off of his vocabulary and grammar. I don't really think his name, although sounding foolish, is enough to base his reliability off of. Although, it isn't wrong to not believe him, due to the nature of the situation. One may assume he's a fake based on his over exaggerated apologetic attitude in his posts, as of late.

Quoted post: Well it's rather clear the guy isn't an idiot based off of his vocabulary and grammar.

You can type well and still be an idiot.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You can type well and still be an idiot.

Of course, that is true. Although, from what we see currently, there isn't much to base him being an idiot on. His typing and grammar only help derail him from this label, although I assumed Iris was implying the contrary due to his name.

Posted by Iris

I'm assuming some random Nintendo fan isn't going to leak info under a silly name as much as I'd expect maybe, an older Japanese male leaking stuff with either a secretive or straightforward name (because full discs haven't reached America as far as we know, and the demoing is probably being done in Japan). We've had plenty of people guess multiple updates at once and then say they're on the inside. As soon as they get a few consecutive ones wrong though, they say "oll, k, I was just joking." It's an idiotic attempt to be the center of attention.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Iris: I'm assuming some random Nintendo fan isn't going to leak info under a silly name as much as I'd expect maybe, an older Japanese male leaking stuff with either a secretive or straightforward name (because full discs haven't reached America as far as we know, and the demoing is probably being done in Japan). We've had plenty of people guess multiple updates at once and then say they're on the inside. As soon as they get a few consecutive ones wrong though, they say "oll, k, I was just joking." It's an idiotic attempt to be the center of attention.

Ah, yeah. I understand your doubt completely. I may have just taken you too literally on the name comment.

Posted by maian

Eh, rumor man says we're going to get two more characters from the Dojo.

WE'LL SEE

Posted by maian

[quote]The Roster (49 Characters not counting transformations):

-Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Geno, Paper Mario

-Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link (Cel-Shaded),Midna and Wolf Link

-Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario

-Fox, Krystal, Wolf

-Samus/ZSS, Ridley, Dark Samus

-Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede

-Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong

-Lucas, Ness

-Ike, Micaiah, Sigurd

-Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Pit, Sukapon

-Wario, Captain Syrup

-Isaac, Felix

-Captain Olimar, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Animal CrossingMain Character,Professor Kawashima, Andabond(WTF Character, an original Smash Bros. character)

-Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Spider-Man (3rd Party WTF, voted the best character in the game by my sources)

Status of the Cut Characters:

-Pichu is a Pokeball character.

-Dr. Mario is an Assist Trophy.

-Mewtwo is a minorboss in SSE.

-Falco appears in SSE to help Fox, but is not playable. He is an Assist Trophy. Assist Trophies are characters that were turned into trophies by the Subspace Army in Brawl. Freeing them results in them helping you on your journey. In SSE, you team up with several AT's, including Falco and Balloon Fighter.

-Roy is an Assist Trophy

-Marth is a hostage of the Ancient Minister in SSE andSigurd goes to rescue him, teams up with several characters in the process, then finds thathe has been made the Ancient Minister's Apprentice. They duel in one of the climaxes of SSE.

More Info:

-Andabond, the original character, is a legendary knight who vanquished the Ancient Minister long ago after his tyrannical rule over the world. He controlled order using two hands: the Master Hand, which maintained Law, and the Crazy Hand, which maintained Order. He became corrupt, so the brave knight Andabond fought all of them. He defeated them and saved the world, but in the process he became sealed as a trophy. Only the one meant to vanquish all evil can save him, and that hero is Meta Knight. He frees Andabond and defeats the Ancient Minister but becomes sealed in a trophy forever.

-Master Hand is controlling the Ancient Minister along with Crazy Hand.

-There are over 50 stages in the game.

-There are a total of 104 events in Single Player

-The last character unlocked is Spider-Man by beating SSE on the highest difficulty after beating it with all other characters. He steps in instead of Meta Knight in the final battle and you fight the final boss as him. Upon winning he is unlocked.

-The ship I referred to in a previous update was the Gangplank Galleon.

-The final boss is the Ancient Overlord (Ancient Minister with the two hands put together)

-The final boss in Classic Mode is a new original character.

Farewell,

thealmightygoat

we can dream :(

EDIT: Posted that before actually reading it. Now, I realize that it's mostly pretty stupid. :)

4chan's various versions were way better. Though all lists I've seen have been pretty stupid!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote][COLOR=limegreen][FONT=comic sans ms]Spider-Man
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Silver]
Stopped reading here.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by maian

Like I said, it actually ended up looking really stupid when I read the whole thing. :cookie:

Either way, he said it's a fake. I wish there was a real leaker around, nonetheless. :(

Posted by Red

[quote]NAMCO IS INVOLVED WITH BRAWL

Namco is bringing a character to the Brawl. It's official. I know who it is, so I'm going to give you a list of possible characters. One is real, the other four are either AT's or not in the game at all. Here we go:

-Sagi (from Baten Kaitos Origins)

-Mr. Driller (from the Mr. Driller series)

-Klonoa (from the Klonoa series)

-Ivy (from Soul Calibur)

-Pacman (from the Pac Man series)

Expect big things. Disregard all rumors you've heard, and look at this list. One of them will be in Brawl. The character will be unlockable through SSE. That's all I'm saying. No more. Preview time.

Klonoa would fit, yet I can't see him..or much other characters being in the game.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

HAHA he got banned!!!
BIG GAME OVER sign all over the site!!! haha