DragonBall live action movie

Posted by Red

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/30919\

lol I'm excited :p

Posted by Bebop

Once you find out more details you wont be.

Posted by Panic!

Are they finally making this? They've been talking about it for so long now.

Posted by Crazy K

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_%28film%29"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_%28film%29[/URL]

I guess Chow Yun-Fat is going to play as Master Roshi.

Posted by S

I'd go see this, if it even meant I'd vomit blood afterward. This'll either be a barrel of laughs, totally awesome (Unlikely as ****.), or disappointing on both counts.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I remember talking about this movie with friends in 1997.

Posted by s0ul

I remember deciphering messages chiseled into cave walls about this movie on raptorback.

Posted by CrystalPain

A movie I will not be looking forward to.
I loved, DBZ but as Anime

Posted by Anti-Muffla

i can't wait for this movie, I hope they do a good job on it. The actor they chose for goku and the actor they chose for piccolo are perfect fits in my opinion. Its supposedly comin out in Aug 2008!

Posted by WillisGreeny

[youtube=9Lxu1G5fBFI]9Lxu1G5fBFI[/youtube]

Love the Matrix Trilogy...

Posted by Bebop

Speaking of trilogy, can't wait to see Dragonball 2 and 3.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Any chance they'll end the movie with a cliff hanger? :)

Posted by Roger Smith

Mona Lisa Overdrive does not belong in that video.

Autofail.

Posted by Anti-Muffla

Agreed, nothing can beat Neodamerung

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Love the Matrix Trilogy...

Gotta say....the 2 first movies were awesome, but I was really disappointed by the end of the third one. But the action was just the best.

As for that DragonBall movie, I'm sure my little 8 years old brother would LOVE to go see this. Me? Nah. Not even interested a bit.

Quoted post: but I was really disappointed by the end of the third one.

What was disappointing about it? The only annoying factor was that Revolutions didn't answer some questions and asked even a couple more, but that wasn't really a big deal.

Posted by Xero

Well it was all about Trinity's death and the way Neo killed Smith. Trinity's death was that usual love drama I can't stand. And then in the 2nd movie Reloaded), Neo can fight about 50 Smiths by himself, but in the 3rd one, he struggles to beat one of them and he ends up dying to destroy them all. And....I didn't want Neo to die... I just wasn't impressed...

Posted by WillisGreeny

I figured it was because Smith had the oracle eyes and could see things differently, allowing him to break more of the rules.

Posted by Bebop

Thought it was because Smith was absorbing every Tom Dick adn Hurry, making him stronger and stronger.

Yeah, Bebop has it right. By the time Revolutions rolls around Smith completely controls the Matrix. I mean, he can fly in Revolutions but not in Reloaded. That should've been a big hint that he's a ****ton stronger.

Plus, the Oracle says earlier in the film that he's his equal and opposite, so yeah, not sure how you didn't get that.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I didn't miss that part, just have a different explanation.

Where did it say Smith was getting stronger every time he assimilated just anyone? I figured the balance wasn't just Smith's assimilation ability, but him being allowed to absorb the Oracle. It wasn't until Revolutions that he assimilated other programs, like the Oracle. Having the Oracle allowed him to see the matrix differently, the same way Neo did. That's where I thought he gained most of the control, side from all the other purpose reasoning.

So no, I didn't miss the **** ton improvment Smith had.

Even before he absorbs the Oracle she tells Neo they're equal in power. So that's obviously not the case. He was already as strong as Neo and all absorbing the Oracle did was grant Smith foresight and a few abilities that Neo possessed. After the Matrix is completely taken over Smith is more powerful than Neo and he's part of the very inner workings of the Matrix. So it was his spreading and infecting that made him powerful, not necessarily specific individuals, though he did obviously gain their powers.

Posted by O.T.L

dude , deja vu
i remember seeing this hair in a dream i had couple years back ,
looked just a ****y in my dream as it did in this piece of crap.

Posted by O.T.L

dude, deja vu
i had a dream about the hair a couple years back ,
it looked just as ****y as this piece of crap....

Posted by Bebop

At least we know the special effects will be good. The company did worked on Spidey 3 and Pirates 3. Both awful films but at least they looked nice.

Which, in the end, is all you can hope for out of this movie. Everything else should suck, but it at least should look really good.

Posted by Bebop

The chick playing Bulma is hot. The more screen time she gets the more chance I buy a ticket.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Hope she doesn't say anything too stupid...oh wait, it's Bulma. :S

tips and stupid lines is pretty much her character.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: tits and stupid lines is pretty much her character.

Wha-?

... the fact that she's supposed to be an attractive female. Hence Emmy Rossum playing her.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ... the fact that she's supposed to be an attractive female. Hence Emmy Rossum playing her.

Yeah it was a joke along with the fix't quote of you.

Posted by WillisGreeny

lol at unclear joke.

Where's the timeline suppose to be? Is Vegeta married to Bulma?

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting WillisGreeny: lol at unclear joke.

Where's the timeline suppose to be? Is Vegeta married to Bulma?

I put the lettering in bold. :(

But no, I'm pretty sure it's mid Dragonball. The antagonist is Piccolo.

Posted by Bebop

Im pretty sure it fit absoultely no where in the timeline. Goku didnt go to school for one.

Posted by S

Quoting Bebop: Im pretty sure it fit absoultely no where in the timeline. Goku didnt go to school for one.

Link please.

Pretty sure it's the beginning of the Dragonball Z timeline.

"Dragonball is a 2008 live action film adaptation of the Dragon Ball franchise. The film follows Goku, played by Justin Chatwin, and his quest to obtain the mystical Dragonballs before the evil Piccolo, played by James Marsters, does. The film began development in 2002, and is directed by James Wong and produced by Stephen Chow. It is scheduled for worldwide release on August 15, 2008.[1]"

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=S