final fantasy 8, anyone still play it?

Posted by SCORPINOK116

hey, i was wondering..any of u ppl still play ff8? if so...i need alittle help, one of my friends told me that it is in fact possible to get sqall's lionheart weapon and limitbreaker. if this is true, i need someone to compile a list of items and where to get them, i have tried numurous websites and walkthroughs and they dont seem to be very consistant with each other..if anyone out there can help me..it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by S

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197343/4935

Go there.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

You'll need:

1 Adamantine: (Either fight Adamantoises or refine the Minotaur card)
4 Dragon Fangs: (T-Rex's (high level) and Grendels (low level, found in a small forest near Galbadia Garden) drop them)
12 Pulse Ammo: (Zell's mom has Elnoyle cards, so win them off of her. Cid has them, too. Refine them into Energy Crystals, then refine into Pulse Ammo). I think you can also mug Elnoyles for this.

Just search the internet. Remember that certain enemies won't drop the required items unless they are within a certain level.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Angelwing: Remember that certain enemies won't drop the required items unless they are within a certain level.

At that point it's good to know Tonberry's LVL UP and LVL DOWN abilities.

Oh, and for Squall's Limit Break, there's a one in four chance he'll do Lionheart (providing you've learned all four finishing moves). The higher the percentage between his current and maximum health, the better chance he'll perform Lionheart.

Posted by Roger Smith

9999+Aura= MASSIVE HURT BUT IS USELESS IF OMEGA WEAPON USES HIS MEDIGO FLAME :(:(:(:(:(

Dude, have on auto haste, cast triple, then meltdown, then aura, have Rinoa set up to cast only meteor, have Quistis do Shockwave Pulsar. Have Squall do Renzokuken. Have a GF with revive. Junction death.

Posted by Roger Smith

It's been years since I've played 8. I had to start over cuz my mem card got lost somehow. But I know I'm at the Castle right now, so I should go back and see all my stats and see what I have.

I will defeat Omega.........again.

Posted by Red

I just began playing this game a few days ago..for the first time.

I'm disappointed that it was a help thread :(

Posted by SCORPINOK116

man, i gotta restart from my old save file..galbadia garden is on the first disk and i just made it to the second disk when balamb is in danger of getting bombed...i gotta start all that crap over again...unless one of u has any idea how to get through the rest of the game if u were dumb enough to offer to help cid when he has a plan to sheild the place cuz it was a shelter at one time..lol

Posted by SCORPINOK116

well, i finally did it, i got the lionheart..and it only took me 15 hours of playing triple triad, 12 hours of fighting grendals, and 1 gf boss fight..lol...and i dont know if its true or not but supposedly elnoyles arent monsters in the game but a boss fight where u fight like i think it said 2 or 3 of them...idk..this is my first time playing the game so i dont know the whole scoop on it yet, thanks for the help though on getting me the lionheart

Posted by Red

GAH!!! please learn to use spoiler tags :(

[spoiler ] (spoiler goes here [/spoiler]

Posted by SCORPINOK116

sorry dude..didnt know i was spoiling anything for ya..i dont even know if half the stuff ive read is true yet. in any case im on like the third disk now so im pretty far..at this point everything is getting pretty self explainatory...i wont say anything more than that but at this point im pretty sure if u need any help and cant find it u can come to me for it..ive got everyone else's weapons powered up as much as i can too so im pretty helpfull when it comes to that if u need help...at this point the mods can either close this thread or keep it open for u cuz i dont think i'll be needing much more help

Posted by SCORPINOK116

btw...in reply to "roger smith" the origional not jr. i have no idea where to even get the tonberry gf....i probably missed quite afew on my way to the point im on right now

Posted by Oceans Dream

Slay Tonberries in the Centra Ruins. When you've killed enough of them, you get to the Tonberry King. Kill it, and you'll get your Tonberry GF.

Posted by SCORPINOK116

thanks but i actually found it already...lol, i beat the game actually..and i made sure to get bahamut and eden b4 so, the only thing i even have left to do in the game is go back to my save game and beat omega weapon...wich im still debating wether or not to do. oh well...i'll have plenty of time to think about it since im playing a different game right now