Misinterpreted song lyrics

Posted by Corrupt

Come on, you know you've probably heard a song at one point before and said, "What the hell...? This doesn't sound right," only to discover later that the actual lyrics were completely different than what you had originally thought they were. Well, they don't have to be completely different, but different nonetheless. Post the snatches of lyrics you've heard wrong here... this should make for some interesting replies.

As for myself, the main one I can remember was from overhearing my mom's stereo one day, and she was playing "Ultraviolet" by U2. Instead of the actual lyrics: "Feel like trash, you make me feel clean"
I heard: "Feel like trash, you make me feel cream."

...yeah, I know it's bad, but I still find it amusing :P Feel free to post your misinterpreted song lyrics...

Posted by booyah719

Haha, funny you should make a thread like this.
P.O.D. has the song "Youth of the Nation". I thought they were saying "We are we are, you've got to let it shine". My friends still laugh at me for it.

Posted by Klarth

I thought "dude looks like a lady" was "do the ****ing lady". Never lived that one down.

Posted by D.J Cat

"Why do I have to be the one that battles all these shoes?" - Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park

"Annie Oakley..." Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm (I think)

The following ones aren't mine but the are funny....

http://www.rathergood.com/elephants/

http://www.rathergood.com/chicken/

http://www.rathergood.com/george/

http://www.rathergood.com/alf/

:D

Posted by booyah719

Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

Real: Later we'll have some pumpkin pie...
Friend's: Later we'll have some ****in' pie...

Now we trick people into thinking that's what they're saying. :devil:

Posted by Fiindil

Sonata Arctica's Don't Say A Word

Real chorus: Mother always said my son, do the noble thing, you have to finish what you started, no matter what now, sit watch and learn it's not how long you live, but what your morals say, can't keep your part of the deal so don't say a word, don't say a word

MY version: Mother always said my son, do the noble thing, you have the fish in the pie you started, no matter what now fish watch and learn it's not how long you live but your (insert made up words here) can't keep you part of the deal so say a word, don't say a word (insert shouting of WTFH etc etc, look up lyrics site, ohgodi'ma****ingidiot)

Posted by Fate

This happened quite recently, actually. I was listening to the radio and Dido was singing "White Flag." She sang, "I will go down with this ship." I thought she said, "I will go down with this ****."

Posted by G-Sides

This is from that song Frizzle Fry by Primus.
Real- "...but I believe in Cap'n Crunch, for I am the frizzle fry." (Yes, that's what he really says)
What I thought- "...but I sleep in Cap'n Crunch, for I am the frizzy eye."

Posted by The Punisher

Slayer-Reiegn in Blood
Real: Rain Blood from a lacerated sky, bleed its horror, Now i shall reing in the blood.
What I thought: Rain blood from a asserated sky, breed its whore, now i shall realy play.
Ya i messed it up a little.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

"All that she wants, is another baby, she's going to Mars..."

Posted by lameboy

Oh gosh. There's that line in the one Fatboy Slim song (don't actually know the name) that goes "I have to praise you like I should."

I thought it was "I have to praise you like a shoe." It was embarasing finding out the real lyrics.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting lameboy: Oh gosh. There's that line in the one Fatboy Slim song (don't actually know the name) that goes "I have to praise you like I should."

I thought it was "I have to praise you like a shoe." It was embarasing finding out the real lyrics.

Hahahaha! Man, I thought the exact same thing for so many years... back when I was 12 or so, my mom and I would ride around in our car with the windows rolled down and 91X blasting out of the speakers. Whenever that song came on, we'd always sing it together, even in front of other people at traffic lights and such. We had no idea that we had the lyrics wrong, and now that I look back on it, it was pretty embarrassing... but still fun. Good times, good memories.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting lameboy: Oh gosh. There's that line in the one Fatboy Slim song (don't actually know the name) that goes "I have to praise you like I should."

I still think it is.

I think I've misinterpreted every single blink-182 song in existence... through no fault of mine; the guy couldn't sing in tune to save his life.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting conejita: This happened quite recently, actually. I was listening to the radio and Dido was singing "White Flag." She sang, "I will go down with this ship." I thought she said, "I will go down with this ****."

I'm quite sure it's actually 'I won't go down with this sh1t', as in the next line she says 'I won't put my hands up and surrender/There will be no white flag above my door'.

The technical term for these is a 'mondegreen', and the best one ever is undisputably Jimi Hendrixes line misheard as 'Excuse me while I kiss this guy'.

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting conejita: This happened quite recently, actually. I was listening to the radio and Dido was singing "White Flag." She sang, "I will go down with this ship." I thought she said, "I will go down with this ****."

Oh, that song...

We think it sounds like it says....

"I won't go down with this ****
I will poke my eyes out and surrender
There will be no white flag above my dog..."

And instead of always will, I swear the word she uses is "swill" ...

Posted by rivercitytecmo

http://www.kissthisguy.com/

Posted by Mixhael

Quoting Angelwing: "All that she wants, is another baby, she's going to Mars..."

Hahaha. Wow. The funniest thing about that song is I still don't know what they're saying :dunno:. Are any of the members of Ace of Base still alive? They must be getting some kind of residuals from those Bally's total fitness commercials.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting TheSecondComing: I'm quite sure it's actually 'I won't go down with this sh1t', as in the next line she says 'I won't put my hands up and surrender/There will be no white flag above my door'.

The technical term for these is a 'mondegreen', and the best one ever is undisputably Jimi Hendrixes line misheard as 'Excuse me while I kiss this guy'.

That entire post = pure gold.

Oh, and I have a recommendation for everyone. See how many unintentional misinterpretations you can get on Slayer's Necrophobic, then try to sing along with the lyrics beside you. That should get a laugh.

Posted by ZEN

"N*Sync you're gonna die
Will you listen to me
D-d-d-d-die, d-d-d-d-die!"

That 'Disturbed' song.

Posted by Shin-Ra

There's a part in Opeth's "The Drapery Falls" where Mikael says "Deadly patterns made my wreath" and I orginally heard that first part as "Deadly badgers". The only other one I can think of is Burzum's "War" where Varg says "This is war!" and I thought he said "This is... WOW!!!" really enthusiastically. I felt kinda stupid for that last one.

Posted by D.J Cat

I don't know who this song is by but its called "Everythings my Fault" or something like that.
Part of it goes something like "Cause everythings my fault..."

I only just figured out the other week that it wasn't what I was thinking it was for ages...

"cause heavy things might fall..."

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting D.J Cat: I don't know who this song is by but its called "Everythings my Fault" or something like that.
Part of it goes something like "Cause everythings my fault..."

'All My Fault' by Fenix TX. Gotta love that song.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Punk by Gorillaz. I have no idea what they're saying through the whole song.

Posted by Fiindil

my little sister has come up with some real gems

one springs to mind

Bon Jov- You Give Love a Bad Name

real chorus: Shot through the heart, and your too late, you give love a bad name, i play my part and you play your game, you give love a bad name

my sister's version: Shot in the heart, and your too late, you give love a Band Aid repeat

Posted by booyah719

Rage Against the Machine: Renegades of Funk, often mistaken for "When a redneck needs to fuc*."

And ZEN, what is the "Disturbed" song? The band, or is that a name of a song as well?

Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger

Real lyrics: Work it, make it, do it, makes us

My first though: Work it, naked, do it, makes us

Posted by Richaod

Quoting The_Essence_Vortex: Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger

Real lyrics: Work it, make it, do it, makes us

My first though: Work it, naked, do it, makes us

Weird, in two years of having that song I've never mistaken any of the lyrics at all.

Probably because there are so few.

Quoting Richaod: Weird, in two years of having that song I've never mistaken any of the lyrics at all.

Probably because there are so few.

The first time I heard it, I swear they said naked in it. I looked up the lyrics afterwards and it said make it. I had what I like to call a "brain canker". Don't ask what that means. It's an inside joke with my family.

Posted by Boner

Holy crap! How did these get passed up?...

Hendrix: "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" sounds like "excuse me while I kiss this guy"

Also, "Secret agent man" sounds much like "Secret Asian man"

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Opeth: Holy crap! How did these get passed up?...

Hendrix: "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" sounds like "excuse me while I kiss this guy"

TheSecondComing posted that on the front page, actually.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Quoting los angeles: Hahaha. Wow. The funniest thing about that song is I still don't know what they're saying :dunno:. Are any of the members of Ace of Base still alive? They must be getting some kind of residuals from those Bally's total fitness commercials.

"...is another baby, she's gone tomorrow but all that she wants..."

*shrugs* I thought it sounded clear.

EDIT: A lyrics search reveals it's "she's gone tomorrow boy, all that she wants..."

Well, at least I got the rest of it!

Posted by Boner

Quoting Richaod: TheSecondComing posted that on the front page, actually.

Well whadayaknow? I'm a moron.