Another free XBLA game!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2008/01/03/xbox-live-holiday-performance.aspx

In compensation for the ****ty service. Not sure what one it is yet.

Posted by Borealis

Maybe we can choose which we want!

haaaahaha **** yeah right

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting The X: http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2008/01/03/xbox-live-holiday-performance.aspx

In compensation for the ****ty service. Not sure what one it is yet.

Which one did you get last? It'll be that one.

Posted by Big Boss

Well, considering many people will have the game they'll offer, more than likely you'll have the option to choose from a big enough list of XBLA games.

Posted by cool gamer dad

free Rootbeer Tapper.

I KNOW I'M PUMPED

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Last time we got free Carcassone, on XBL's fifth birthday. It would be nice if they just credited all Gold accounts with 800 points.

Posted by bazariah

ahh wonderful

i hope we get a choice of games, or something brand spanking new gets put up for free:D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Carcassone was sweet, but I never would've bought it otherwise. So I have semi high hopes.

Posted by Shadow

Your misunderstanding, it says their making a XBLA game for free download, but you cannot choose a XBLA game that has been created already. Their making a XBLA game that is free of cost. However, once again, "And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge." - Read Carefully.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

That was the most confusing post ever. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quoted post: Your misunderstanding, it says their making a XBLA game for free download, but you cannot choose a XBLA game that has been created already. Their making a XBLA game that is free of cost. However, once again, "And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge." - Read Carefully.

It says a game will be made available to download for free. Not necessarily stating a game will be physically made for this specific purpose.

Posted by muffla

i would jizz myself if it was Rez HD

Posted by Kit

****, it's gonna be E4 or Gripshift, since those are some of my more recent purchases. Carcassone was a mistake of mine. :(

Gonna be Bomberman. Or Uno. A game everyone has. It's brilliant business.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Pleasepleasepleaseplease Bomberman!

DUDE SHUT UP

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd be cool with Marble Blast.

Me too.

Marble Blast is kinda fun. I'd take it.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting The X: Pleasepleasepleaseplease Bomberman!

you know

Posted by Kit

STOP IT GUYS I HAVE MARBLE BLAST ULTRA TOO :(

Make it Switchball instead.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Street Fighter II would be the greatest. Or maybe Streets of Rage 2.

Posted by muffla

i wouldent mind swich ball or bomber man, i already have marlbe blast tho :(

If they really wanted to make it up to us, how about SFII Turbo HD Remix?

Posted by Borealis

Because they don't appreciate the millions they make from us.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;802001]SFII Turbo HD Remix?
Vaporwaaaaaaaare. Seriously, it's original release date was last summer, and we only have an eleven second gameplay video out there.

ten bux says they're just trying to figure out a way to make online not suck

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Need to talk to Sega. VF5's online is pretty tight. Though the huge characters still get reamed.

Posted by Last Fog

As long as it's not galaga, bankshot billiards, carcassonne, gauntlet, spyglass boardgames, alien hominid, gemetry wars, Contra, worms, marble blast, assault heroes, pacman, cloning clyde, Wik, SF2, Uno, or Doom I'll be happy.

Seriously though, if they really cared they would give microsoft points and let us get what we want.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Marble Blast is worth purchasing. Do iiit. I'll play on the lines with yous.

It'll probably be for the first week of a new game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I wish they'd announce it. I keep assuming that I've missed out, and it's already happened.

I wish they'd fix their services.

Quoted post: I'll play on the lines with yous.

I miss the days of Crackdown.

Posted by muffla

i hope its doom II

really hopeful thinking

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

We're getting Undertow.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/01/18/undertow-free-of-charge-next-week.aspx

Oh, nice. I was playing the trail version a couple weeks ago and thought it was all right. Not great or anything, but I'll take it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Free achievements are always a do want.

Posted by Last Fog

I played the trial, the controls are a little awkward and a bit disorienting. I guess it just takes some getting used to.

Sucks for people who already bought it, though. I guess they don't get squat then, huh?

It was the same with Carcassonne though. Makes you never want to buy an XBLA game.

Yeah, pretty dumb. They should have just given us points, and no time limit. Whatever, I'll download it. I think I played the demo and don't remember liking it much, but I'll try it out again.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Last Fog;806594]Sucks for people who already bought it, though. I guess they don't get squat then, huh?
Kotaku contacted XBox support, and they said that if you already own Undertow, they'll arrange something once the offer begins.

Haha, yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight. Good luck with that ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

NOT A PROBLEM FOR US, HUH?

No point in buying anything from XBLA.

Unless it's crazy popular. Cause then it's never going to be free.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

I second the whole Free Points statement. OXM is all over this games crotch, so I am a little excited to see what all the fuss is about.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

But I already have Geometry Wars.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Can they give us a Yaris sequel instead???

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

A review of Undertow
by teh ecks age 7

Play it on the easiest setting and skip all the cutscenes, because *** **** all it's good for is achievements. Somehow manages to mess up classic Geometry Wars gameplay, and the ally AI is ridiculously poor. Even on my relatively big TV, it was difficult to spot enemies at times, and even harder to tell if I'd killed them. 30/200G SO FAR

What a faggot. It's actually a pretty fun game and the AI doesn't need to be good. The gameplay just involves rushing you, going different routes to rush you, and shoot you. Shouldn't expect anything great on that end, but it works.

And there's an option in the menu so you can change the camera's zoom. Mooooron.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Okay, I just finished it. Got better as I adjusted to it... But still, Marble Blast would have been better!

Definitely. I'm not liking this too much. Oh well.

Aegis sucked pretty hard, but I liked it because it was free. Same with Undertow. Surprising what free does to the mind.

Posted by Shade

Downloaded and played it for a bit. Not much fun at all. I won't even bother with the achievements.

I actually liked Aegis Wing, and not because it was free. If it was $5, I'd probably buy it. It's not very long or spectacular or anything, but it was fun, and I got a good amount of playtime invested in it.

Undertow, on the other hand, is not so fun. But I'll give it a longer chance before I make the decision to not bother with it.

played too many shooters like aegis wing to really find it that great. So many classics are better than it to spend any money on it.

Posted by Last Fog

This game is one big pile of tedium. Level after level of king of the hill. Gets old fast.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: played too many shooters like aegis wing to really find it that great. So many classics are better than it to spend any money on it.

Yeah, I haven't played too many games like it, plus I love sidescroll shooters, so I guess that's my excuse.

Posted by Stalolin

undertow pretty much sucks =/

Yeah. But did we really expect microsoft to give us a good, free game?

Last night my marketplace pages were ****ing up. And it takes forever to delete a friend, if it deletes at all. When the **** are they going to fix live. Getting really tired of it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

When I tried to download Undertow at first, it kept giving me 'XBOX LIVE ERROR xbfjcdfs239'

I was all like 'oh no you ****ing DONT, micro$oft'

Quoted post: Last night my marketplace pages were ****ing up. And it takes forever to delete a friend, if it deletes at all. When the **** are they going to fix live. Getting really tired of it.

only you, faggot. It's working awwight for me.

Quoted post: When I tried to download Undertow at first, it kept giving me 'XBOX LIVE ERROR xbfjcdfs239'

Except this, I got this yesterday. Had to download it, like five times. SAKURAIIIIIIIIIII

Yeah, I got a bunch of those. Shut the system off, went and did some errands, came back and tried it again and it worked.