Edward Norton to recreate the Hulk.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, rumor has it; since the first Hulk sucked dogdick, that [URL="http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19905"]this[/URL] is just a reshoot of that. Yet, IMDB.com however, points us in another direction of believing otherwise, [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800080/plotsummary"]here[/URL].

[IMG]http://www.elseptimoarte.net/carteles/the_incredible_hulk.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I liked the first. In that, hey, this is pretty bad kinda way.

Posted by S

Edward Norton seems like the perfect Bruce Banner to me, though.

Posted by Fate

He does look pretty Banner-ish.

The new Punisher looks a hell of a lot better, too. Based on the incredibly ****ing cool MAX titles.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Hulk sequel should be based on the Planet Hulk storyline. Best superhero film never made.

So now that they're attempting to make a good Hulk movie, possibly a good Punisher movie, how about a good Ghost Rider movie?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Needs a good Dr Strange movie.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Captain America Movie, the end.

****tiest superhero ever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/obj/t3/f1/nlc007821-v4.jpg[/IMG]

Muuuuch better.

Posted by Shade

You had me at 'Edward Norton.'

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;800859]I liked the first. In that, hey, this is pretty bad kinda way.
I felt the same way. After Hulk punched that mutant dog in the balls, seriously the highlight of the film for me.

[quote=S

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Tyler Durden;800997]Anything from the Hulk universe that was badass according to you, deserves it's own series of anthologies. Because, honestly, I didn't read enough Hulk as a youth to keep up with him now or even give two ****s who the Leader even is.
Planet Hulk is already collected in a trade paperback. Anyway, synopsis time:

In the 2006 storyline "Planet Hulk" by Greg Pak, a secret group of superhero leaders, the Illuminati, consider the Hulk an unacceptable potential risk to Earth, and rocket him into space to live a peaceful existence on a planet uninhabited by intelligent life. After a trajectory malfunction, the Hulk crashes on the violent planet Sakaar. Weakened by his journey, he is captured and eventually becomes a gladiator who scars the face of Sakaar's tyrannical emperor. The Hulk becomes a rebel leader and later usurps Sakaar's throne through combat with the red king and his armies.
After Hulk's rise to emperor, the vessel used to send Hulk to Sakaar explodes, killing millions in Sakaar's capital, including his queen, Caiera. The damage to the tectonic plates destroys the planet and kills most of its population.
The Hulk, enraged, returns to Earth with the remnants of Sakaar's citizens, and his allies, the Warbound, seeking retribution against the Illuminati. After laying siege to Manhattan, New York City, the Hulk learns one of his allies was responsible for the explosion. He reverts to his Bruce Banner form and is taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, Planet Hulk would be

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Maybe... But most of the characters are humanoid in appearance, so you could probably get away with costumes.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ****tiest superhero ever.

Why you gotta hate, because the main character Steve Rogers is currently dead in his own monthly book and currently is still the best book on the market? Find me another writer that could do that with any other dead super hero....

No it's not that, it's because theres no such thing as a Canadian Gladiators on the t.v. so your bringing all the hate on anything American, including the greatest super hero ever... Captain America!! =)

Nah, just because he sucks.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Cap' does suck.. much in the same way as the Punisher. In the sense that they always seem to battle the same foes; issue in, and issue out. Classic comic book fail. Things grow old, things grow tired. And when they do, kill off your protagonist and save the title by writing nonsensical rubbish to only continue the story along. Long enough to allow time for brainstorming upon a rebirth of said hero.. i.e. Superman.. three times over, already.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wait, you mean Captain America came back three times, right? Superman's only 'died' once.

Posted by Tyler Durden

No, Superman.. First Doomsday "killed" him off as Supes'. Then Conduit destroyed his alter ego; headlines reading "Clark Kent dead", so his parents could go into the safety of hiding. And then that b/s with the red and blue energy Supermen, which if you think about it, was like watching a hero die because it was a huge ****ing joke. Which, they'd pulled that red/blue split once before (except without the opposite polarities concept) and it even failed then. So, that makes Superman the one true hero to get overkill.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeeeeeeah. The second and third instances don't count.

Posted by Tyler Durden

YES THEY DOO!!

When you think about it; Superman died.. in a way. I know I died a little, reading all that ****. Same way I died when seeing the Catwoman flick. Should've just watched Swordfish again..

Posted by S

'Cap > All.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

nononononono

Steve Rogers' personality and story are interesting enough, it's just the general concept of a hero being a giant flag that triggers the DO NOT WANT receptors in every non-American's brain. I didn't even attempt to investigate Captain America's character until I read The Ultimates in 2005, then the New Avengers later that year. Now, with the genuinely interesting character of Bucky been wedged in as a Cap replacement, I'm beginning to get ****ed with the Marvel's America-centric writing. As if forcing Captain Britain (equally ****ty hero) and the rest of Excalibur to adhere to a US registration act wasn't ignorant enough.

If you like Captain America, you should buy The Twelve, which had its debut last Wednesday. It's a similar concept - twelve Golden Age heroes, who were put in suspended animation by the Nazis, are going to be re-integrated into 616 continuity. Except none of them have the stars and the stripes for the costumes.

Posted by S

You're blaming the industry's choice on the people who came up with the concept of a hero?

Originally, 'Cap was a propaganda device, yes. But he's traversed more than that as time has gone by. In the end, he even went against the Government he swore to protect (Several times, actually.). He stands for the original American virtues now, the ones that many countries have followed suit in. Freedom of Speech, etc~. In his assassination, many things were said about his character and a reflection on the American Government as well.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=S

Posted by S

Singular, not definitive. As in, the concept of a particular hero.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Why would a hero hold allegiance to a particular country, though? Comic book heroes are usually humanist, rather than nationalist. The new, gun-wielding Captain America solidifies his status as a symbol of 'AMERICA IS AAAAAAAWWWWESOME'. No other hero champions the superiority of one country over another.

The idea that America 'created' the free world of the West is highly debatable, but ultimately doesn't have much relevance to the fact Captain America is a 40s propaganda symbol who doesn't really deserve to have a continuing legacy.

Posted by WillisGreeny

So, anyway know about Cambell?

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Campbell] Anyone? [/url]

Posted by S

Why does anyone have allegiance to a particular country?

Seriously though, heroes have represented their respective cultures since the beginning of written prose (And one could assume before, quite easily.). Gilgamesh, much? Achilles?

Heroes champion ideals, all of them do. Every single one. It just so happens that Captain America's aligned very exclusively with the US Governments early methodology (Which vastly changed over time, yada yadda.). So why not? Because of "ought not" thoughts? That borders on creepy fandom, and secular thinking. 'Cap is just the only one who has been able to pull it off as a representation of a country, most probably because of his propaganda roots. He grew though, like all heroes grow. He's not propaganda anymore. If anything, he's a very strong symbolic figure in the comic book world. And the Gun totting Captain America isn't really Captain America; Steve Rogers is dead.

Honestly, it seems your biases are clouding your sight. Everything you've brought up doesn't really match up with 'Cap himself, but your issues with the comic book industry and America's self-appointed status. Which I don't care about, nor do I think it has any relevance to the legitimacy of 'Caps hero status.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I guess you're right, but he could still stand for American ideals without being called CAPTAIN AMERICA, and wear something other than a huge American flag. Like I said in the first post, Steven Rogers is a hero, but the legacy of Captain America is ****ing stupid.

Posted by S

As far as I'm concerned, the legacy is Steve Rogers. He did change his name to 'Cap for quite awhile, actually. I'm not sure when he changed it back though. Unless they pull something out of their *** that's worth a ****, I doubt they'll be able to bring Cap back after his assassination. Not that I actually mind that much... if there's one way for him to go out, I'd say that's the best.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=S

Posted by S

[quote=Wikipedia]Rogers receives a large back-pay reimbursement dating back to his disappearance at the end of World War II, and a government commission orders him to work directly for the U.S. government. Already troubled by the corruption he had encountered with the Nuke incident in New York City,[49] Rogers chooses instead to resign his identity,[50] and then takes the alias of "the Captain.”[51]

This.

Posted by Shade

[QUOTE=S

Posted by Tyler Durden

He so did.. and with good reason, too. Because that's where the basis for most modern heroic literature spawned from.

Posted by Shade

It's about the context in which they were referred to.

Posted by S

Quoting Shade: You did not seriously just compare mythological heroes to a propaganda machine.

And what's your point? Because I don't think you made one.

And for the record, they're legends, not myths.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting The X: [COLOR=black][COLOR=Silver]

[/COLOR]He's coming back in a 2009 revival of The Invaders. Already settled.

Negative. WW2 Cap is coming to modern time. It's a limited series and won't run into Cap being currently dead. Cap is in a ton of new books still coming out (Avengers/transformers LS) he didn't have his big return yet. His big return will be in his own book. And when it happens, sh*it will hit the fan. And no HE IS NOT A SKRULL. (Negative feedback to anyone who says it) =)

Wiki: "Avengers/Invaders

At the August 2007 Wizard World Chicago Convention, an image of Captain America surrounded by flames embossed with the word "RETURN" was revealed, created by legendary artist Alex Ross, signifying his return to Marvel. On August 14th, 2007, Marvel has revealed that there will be a new 12 issue maxi-series prelimary entitled "Avengers/Invaders," giving a name to the image revealed at W.W. Chicago. According to Ross, who will be doing covers and design work for the series, it is a series that will return the young WW2 Captain America (Steve Rogers) to modern continuity, along with the other four original Invaders created in the 1940's: Human Torch, Toro, Bucky, and Namor. They will appear in the mainstream Marvel Universe of the present, returning at the height of their powers and popularity, as they were in 1942, to encounter both the New Avengers and Mighty Avengers, plus certain characters who have been in the Avengers in the past. The series will launch in 2008."

guys, guys... it's just Captain America. He ****ing sucks.

Posted by Tyler Durden

guys, guys... it's just Vampiro. He ****ing sucks.

Funny how Captain America robbed the scene from this being a discussion about the upcoming Hulk flick..

Posted by S

Well, he did best Hulk in Hand-to-hand combat.

/fanboy

Posted by Shade

Pics or it didn't happen

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=S

Makes sense though. The Hulk sucks, more so than Captain America, but Batman is better than both.

Posted by Bebop

I never understood why the Hulk is still around. He's so lame. Do people honestly enjoy reading this characters comics?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Only started hating him in World War Hulk. So much ****ing plot armor. No way he could beat the X-Men, X-Factor, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, Fantastic Four and keep the Sentry to a stalemate. *******. Maybe the new red Hulk will change things.

You know? We need a comics forum. Most of the Movies and TV threads are turning into comix discussan.

Posted by Bebop

It would make sense with the amount of upcoming, and past, comic book films. Cant wait for Iron Man.

Not going to happen. Just resurrect the literature board. or maybe Jesse will change it to literature and comics or something.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=netman]Literature and Fan Fiction general guidelines

[COLOR=#ffffff][FONT=Verdana]Useful tip:

[SIZE=10]Manga and comic books are not literature.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=10][SIZE=2]KLAAAAAAAARTH[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Like he's going to come back and say anything. Might as well give that board a purpose again, and a simple renaming is easily doable.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Shade: Pics or it didn't happen

Spidey recalls the event in Fallen Son.

It is pretty much Cap versus Hulk because Spider Man doesn't count as a fighter, he's a virgin.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;806371]Like he's going to come back and say anything. Might as well give that board a purpose again, and a simple renaming is easily doable.
I'm gonna PM Jesse to have my blog renamed. I figure if we keep it in the blogs, we could get away with comic uploading and trading.